Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

what a difference a pre season makes...

Below i would say this is our first 11... or near as possible...     

first XI     

Marshall

Omozusi    Kennedy    Stefanovic          Bertrand

Bell           Clingan      Fotheringham     Hoolahan

Lupoli     Koroma

with this as back up...

second  XI 

Nelson 

Otsemobor Shackell     Doherty      Drury 

Croft          Russell      Chadwick   Lappin 

Cureton   Martin   

second xi bar nelson could have easily been our 1st xi least season...

could still do with a couple more but so far so good mr roeder..!    

Looking at the 2 line up you''ve put has made me feel alot better than I did a couple of weeks ago. I think Glenn has done very well on paper. One thing that does strike me though is there isn''t a lot of "seasoned" pros in our squad (apart from Dejan). I think a wise head or two wouldn''t go a miss, even if it was only a squad member to encourage some of the younger players. I think the likes of Malky and Iwan were sadly missed from the dressing room the season we got promoted.

So guys and girls, who do you think would help fulfil this role? 

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

Looking at the 2 line up you''ve put has made me feel alot better than I did a couple of weeks ago. I think Glenn has done very well on paper. One thing that does strike me though is there isn''t a lot of "seasoned" pros in our squad (apart from Dejan). I think a wise head or two wouldn''t go a miss, even if it was only a squad member to encourage some of the younger players. I think the likes of Malky and Iwan were sadly missed from the dressing room the season we got promoted.

[/quote]

My wife caught me on that website you told me to go on the other night Yellow Submarine. Needless to say she was not happy!

Yeah, great post James, that actually puts things in perspective. Been really pleased with Roeder''s signings so far, despite what some negative morons may think, let''s hope we can do the business on the pitch!

I dunno, Clingan and Fozzy have been around a bit, only problem is with that frontline, we would look quite lightweight. I still think we''re missing a presence in midfield and upfront. I know i will get slated but someone like Etuhu and Dion, not saying I like Etuhu but having that kind of size guy in the squad always gives you another option. Bell, Hoolahan, Fozzy and Clingan are all a little on the small side, and Lupoli and OJ are young and similarly height deficient. That squad though does look a heck of a lot better than a few weeks ago.

Exactly what Roeder wanted, cover for every position, and your right, basically last years starting XI as cover. Notice you don''t get people like Wiz post on here, because they realise that they have no argument against you.

Yeah , wasn''t Glenn quoted a few weeks ago as saying that he wanted to get some big, strong athletic types into the side? I was worried that meant he was going to try and turn us into a physical side without any skill-I wonder if he was mid-quoted or if he''s changed his mind?

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]Canarytom is married? Come on mate, no chance! Still, only 5 weeks of your holidays left.........[/quote]

You know full well I am as you did come to our wedding after all!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[/quote]

spot on yell sub - an experienced target man is an absolute must - we need a proven goalscorer with composure to do the biz up front, and inspire/settle the team...watford took a gamble on marlon king when he came out of clink, and were repayed handsomely...if we fluked a marksman here who got us 20 goals next season, then every city fan would be chuffed to bits!!!

[quote user="Jameswallis"]

Below i would say this is our first 11... or near as possible...     

first XI     

Marshall

Omozusi    Kennedy    Stefanovic          Bertrand

Bell           Clingan      Fotheringham     Hoolahan

Lupoli     Koroma

with this as back up...

second  XI 

Nelson 

Otsemobor Shackell     Doherty      Drury 

Croft          Russell      Chadwick   Lappin 

Cureton   Martin   

second xi bar nelson could have easily been our 1st xi least season...

could still do with a couple more but so far so good mr roeder..!    

[/quote]

Think you be seeing more of Otsemobor on the right than Omozusi

First eleven lacks a bit of experience, Stefanovic aside... i think we will see a mixture, think Lupoli and OJ will be fighting for a spot with Cureton and maybe if we get two targetmen then they will be fighting for a place... I''d be happy with russel and fozzy in the first eleven and Clingan deputising but if hes better, great.The great thing is everywhere seems to have some competition now.