Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Yet again concrete is more important than players!!!.

Please remember we HAD to build the infill for the disabled supporters ,its a requirement! and there was no point at all in doing half a job. Look at the players that did move, there were not many top class strikers that fit the criteria that worthy works to.I think we will still be in good enough shape at the january sale time to atract players.:

yes,
       but unfourtuantly we have all the big games at the start of the season!

Not having logged on for a couple of days I read this thread and to my amazement find myself agreeing with Wizard

The fact is that a team is only "as good as it strikers" - last year our strikers were good enough for Division One, this year, apart from Hucks, they are not good enough for the Premiership. Any pundit or fan knows that you MUST score goals in order to stay up and our present strikers will not score on a regular basis in the Premiership.

Our priority should have been to make sure that we strengthened our squad with a striker - it didn''t happen so now we are going to struggle until January.  Great shame, but true

I posted this on another post but don''t think it got seen. You''re way off beam here wiz and i''m not going to bother explaining why cos it has already been done for me above.

Just to say look what happened last time you got bitten by this strange bug - we went on to do brilliantly...

Posted Nov last year:

Well said Bury Belvoir. I too have had enough. My season ticket will not be renewed next year, there will be plenty of spaces for me to attend on a casual basis. What happened to Delias'' ambition of having the best small club in Europe? Where HAS the money gone? It used to be said 16000 a week attendances were needed to break even. That''s been easily surpassed, we''ve got restaurants making profits, we''ve got a marketing strategy that''s the envy of Premiership clubs We''ve also got a paper thin squad and the debt is nearly 50% bigger than when Chase left and shows no sign of slowing down. Has any mention been made yet by the board when we may expect to be in the black again? The highest league finish we''ve had since relegation is 6th! Great eh? It''s also getting embarrassing that the club keep asking us for more money, well stuff that, I bought shares last time and I''m not a bottomless pit. Does any body on this messageboard expect Ipswich NOT to be in the Prem next year? We all know they will. How come they can do it? Answers on a postcard please and send to Doomcaster. We''ve turned into a softly- softly tread everso carefully get nowhere club.ITV Digital you do-rights will all shout at me but that excuse is history now and is an easy get out for this Board, I''m not convinced that they know what they''re doing any more. (If they ever did.)

A far too clever reply for me A1, a bit like these boards, yes?. but hey they are fun!.

Like you, I to posted a reply to your post, which seems to have gone astray!. Maybe their both on your hard drive?.  

In it, I voiced my real concern for your mental state, that you felt the strange desire to put a posters words of 12 months ago (regardless of the author) onto to your hard dive in the first place. May I respectfully suggest you get some urgent therapy.  

The trouble with posters like you, is that you always use the safety net of hindsight, to ridicule people like me who won''t tow your party line approach.  But come matchday, I yell just as much as you or anyone else ( I never boo unlike some, by the way in the Barclay!)

This forward line we have at the moment is not good enough to keep us in the Premiership, and you damn well know it.

When Sir Nigel said he was''nt prepared to spend any higher then he believed to be the true value of the player, I honestly believe the board told him what ''ceiling'' he had to play with, and he had to work within that!. And that is not the same thing!. 

But thats just my view, their shortsighted approach ( I believe they could have raised the cash if they really had wanted to) will get us relegated. But what hurts me more, is that all the stunning hard work by the manager, team and supporters last year, will be to no avail. And worse, could result in us being the laughing stock of the Premier League.

That concerns me far more than any smart wisecrack you can think of about me or my posts, or indeed your bloody hard drive, my friend!. 

1st wiz,

whats with the big gap under your post?

Yet again I agree with Wizard - amazing

His last post tells how it is, people. We should have signed a striker as our present front line will not score enough goals to win us enough points

We will have a chance in January to rectify this, I just hope that will not be too late.

And, like Wizard, I also support my team vociferously (from the Upper Barclay) and will continue to support them throiugh thick and thin, but I will not wear rose coloured spectacles

[quote]1st wiz, whats with the big gap under your post?[/quote]

Have''nt got a bloody clue AJ?. How do I fix that signature problem please. 

Oh, I just have, sorry about that AJ.

im sure your just showing how the gap is in the middle of the ipswich town defence...........

[quote]since when has brennan been a striker, wiz? last time i checked his preferred position was left back.[/quote]

Point taken Kolin, but at the moment I think Brennan would prefer being  LEFT IN!. 

AJ: Why did''nt I think of that one?, wish I had because its bloody funny, and accurate!.

Oh, and by the way, why have you got a bigger logo than anyone else?, feeling a tad insecure are we these days. 

Wiz, those who reach for the sanctity of hindsight do so usually because they have been proved wrong. I beleived last year, as you will remember, that the board was doing pretty much everything it could to equip nigel with the necessary resources to get the team promoted.

At some point in the autumn of 2003, he went to the board and told them - "look, i can have a genuine crack at getting NCFC into the premiership.IF you are serious about acheiving this, i can do it IF you give me x y and z"

They went with him on that and said ok, we are serious and we will do all we can to give you what you need. Seven months on, NWs judgement proved spot on and the board vindicated in backing him all the way.

Now, a year on, we''re bottom 3 in the prem, people are already getting twitchy in their seats, and we''re back where we were. Board and manager have come up with the goods before, have they not earnt the right to be given a chance to do it again without being rounded on by certain supporters just as they were 12 months ago?

I hate it when people always say how football fans have very short memories. Makes us sound like a bunch of stupid goldfish. Trouble is, it''s true!

[quote]Wiz, those who reach for the sanctity of hindsight do so usually because they have been proved wrong. I beleived last year, as you will remember, that the board was doing pretty much everything it cou...[/quote]

You judge me too harshly A1. Please believe me, I have not got a short memory. In the end, after much debate, ie. Hucks, the board did indeed back Worthy 100%. I''m also trying to be mindful, of just who we''ve played so far.Teams, I would expect to be well at the top by the end, with the exception of Palace!. 

But the trouble is A1, although I respect your judgement greatly, I can''t for the life of me see our current forward line,troubling the ''lesser'' teams defences much either!.

But I, like others, as this thread proves, had hoped, and expected, that they would have then pulled out all the stops to help Nigel have the best chance to stay up, once the hard work of finishing champions had been achieved.

Wether or not you rate Harewood (I do) 2 million is nothing for a class striker these days in the Prem. The board needs to realize this quickly. OK, Nigel has an eye for a bargain, I''ll grant you that. But, and this is the crux of my initial argument, 3 hundred grand will not get the class striker you must have to survive!.

The board must know roughly how much they can expect from their first season in the Premiership, if they can''t spare an extra 2 million, for a class player, what the hell is going on?.

I hear Posters on here, say when we bounce back up, I can assure them right now, that is not always the case, yes?. Players will go. maybe even the manager, then what my learned friend?. 

[quote]Point taken Kolin, but at the moment I think Brennan would prefer being LEFT IN!. AJ: Why did''nt I think of that one?, wish I had because its bloody funny, and accurate!.

[quote]Very good a1canary. The wizard has no clothes. Methinks he does protest too much. OTBC[/quote]

BlyBlyBabes: Gee, I trust you''re not on jury service today.  

I am in dispute with A1, as to who is the actual author of a post from 12 months ago, you judge me solely on hearsay, a dangerous route to go down my friend!.

He may well end up, being proved totally correct, like you, I just don''t know for sure. I do not worry when I write a post that some poster may dig it from his hard drive 12 months later.

My life is far too full and varied, even to to contemplate following his lead!.               

[quote]BlyBlyBabes: Gee, I trust you''re not on jury service today. I am in dispute with A1, as to who is the actual author of a post from 12 months ago, you judge me solely on hearsay, a dangerous ro...[/quote]

Now what have I done wrong, where did that margin on left come from, Help!

wtf??????

this page is totaly screwed!!!!!!!!!

<<< look im upside down

[quote]Wiz, those who reach for the sanctity of hindsight do so usually because they have been proved wrong. I beleived last year, as you will remember, that the board was doing pretty much everything it cou...[/quote]

Having just read Rodney Marsh''s thoughts on the Pinkun''s main page today, I''m confused (nothing new there!) because although the guy gets a lot of things wrong, he also gets a lot right.

I have nothing but total respect for the man, both as an ex pro, and a tv pundit. So if he thinks City will do well, despite my deepest fears, maybe I should consider it a bit more.

Although I still say City should have bought a class striker, maybe the picture is not as black as I thought!.

I have to say I agree with both points, were taking something of a risk not getting a striker, but then if worthy doesn''t think there''s anyone out there we have to respect that.  We don''t know if it''s down to the manager or the board or both. I think come january that''s the time to judge the position, I think and hope it''s not too late then.

rich

Just so we''re all clear on this point, Mr Wizard, at which point in the last 50 years would you have put a stop to further ground development? Maybe you''d rather we''d just stayed at Newmarket Road?

[quote]As I can''t get use to this damn new board, I''m not sure who you are, so please forgive my error and being thick!. But if your knowledge of magic can only stretch to just Harry Potter, I shall refrain...[/quote]

Hi Wiz ! Me Gorleston Jim

If you are a genuine wizard  you should be able to get on to platform three and three quarters at Thorpe Station where most of  ''em meet to catch the Magical Canary Express.

Let me know when you make it ! 

[quote]I see The Man even montioned this thread in his weekly column! What a stir you cause Wiz my friend! http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/ManStands.aspx[/quote]

Mission accomplished.Infamous at last DD!. Maybe I should change my name to ''some bloke'' eh?.

[quote]Can AJ and 1st Wizard please exchange email addresses so that we can filter out all the waffle ![/quote]

Bayen Eunuch: Am I annoying you that much?, I can''nt speak for AJ of course, but as for myself, I think I will carry on doing so.

You could always skip our posts you know.

[quote]Bayen Eunuch: Am I annoying you that much?, I can''nt speak for AJ of course, but as for myself, I think I will carry on doing so. You could always skip our posts you know.[/quote]

yes lets carry on

and well done on becoming famous "some ''MAN''"...........

I bet your goign to put a curse on the man now????

[quote]yes lets carry on and well done on becoming famous "some ''MAN''"........... I bet your goign to put a curse on the man now????[/quote]

Consider it done AJ, ''some bloke'' indeed!. Now what shall it be...hmm?, a plague of boils, too painful.  Bombay trots, maybe. Hang on, yes!, just what the wizard ordered for you ''man in the stand''. All next week you will be cursed with an attack of the.........................