Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

FYI: Colchester squad for tomorrow

It is: Gerken, Cousins, Coyne (Capt), White, Reid, Ifil, Lockwood, Hammond (D), Jackson, Yeates, Izzet, Platt, Wordsworth, Elito, Vernon, Gillespie, Wasiu.

We are without first teamers Matty Heath and David Perkins both of whom are recovering from minor injuries and who we  clearly are not going to risk ahead of the first League match next week.

This is an important game for Colchester as it will give us a chance to test our defence against a decent attacking force and to pit our attacking force against better quality defenders.  All our previous pre season games have been against non League and two Division Two sides (Luton Town and Dagenham). On Monday we play our first game (and final friendly) against Athletic Bilbao which launches our new Stadium and hopefully

Norwich invited Colchester to take this part in this friendly and it brings together two friends as managers with Geraint Williams and Glenn Roeder being occasional golfing partners.  They also share the same membership of an Essex golf club along with the lately retired Sir Teddy of Sheringham (dreadful joke, sorry).  

I hope it is an enjoyable game and that everyone has a good day out.  May I also take this opportunity to wish Norwich City every success in the League for the forthcoming season.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

It is: Gerken, Cousins, Coyne (Capt), White, Reid, Ifil, Lockwood, Hammond (D), Jackson, Yeates, Izzet, Platt, Wordsworth, Elito, Vernon, Gillespie, Wasiu.

We are without first teamers Matty Heath and David Perkins both of whom are recovering from minor injuries and who we  clearly are not going to risk ahead of the first League match next week.

This is an important game for Colchester as it will give us a chance to test our defence against a decent attacking force and to pit our attacking force against better quality defenders.  All our previous pre season games have been against non League and two Division Two sides (Luton Town and Dagenham). On Monday we play our first game (and final friendly) against Athletic Bilbao which launches our new Stadium and hopefully

Norwich invited Colchester to take this part in this friendly and it brings together two friends as managers with Geraint Williams and Glenn Roeder being occasional golfing partners.  They also share the same membership of an Essex golf club along with the lately retired Sir Teddy of Sheringham (dreadful joke, sorry).  

I hope it is an enjoyable game and that everyone has a good day out.  May I also take this opportunity to wish Norwich City every success in the League for the forthcoming season.

[/quote]

That should have read....."and hopefully a new era in the history of the club."

It''s what comes of being on two screens at once!

Good luck for this season, would love to see you bounce back up. Hopefully Gillespie will get you 20 goals.

I think you accidentally said "decent attacking force". Although we all know Curo scored a hat-trick in the 5-1 match.

I think City will win but only 2 or 3-1 as our only attacking threat is JC. If only Lupoli or Koroma had clearance to play. I look forward to seeing Kennedy at the back as I think be will be a class act, but I hope he stays fit.

If only I could get to Carra Road.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Looks a decent match to unveil the new stadium, against Athletico Bilbao. Do you know if you''re expecting a decent crowd?[/quote]

I think it will be sold out.  It won''t be max capacity (a modest 10,000) but should be about 8000.  Originally Elf and Safety were restricting the club to 50 per cent (or 5000) but after granting various safety certificates agreed to increase it.

The Bilbao Manager was at Colchester today and was apparently most complimentary about the facilities!  When was the last time anyone said that about Layer Road?  Or has ANYONE ever said it!

We''ve a decent owner (even if he is a West Ham fan) who has given us decent money (modest but previously unknown to us, a club whose record transfer fee was for many years £50,000).  Never thought I would see it..................

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Looks a decent match to unveil the new stadium, against Athletico Bilbao. Do you know if you''re expecting a decent crowd?[/quote]

I think it will be sold out.  It won''t be max capacity (a modest 10,000) but should be about 8000.  Originally Elf and Safety were restricting the club to 50 per cent (or 5000) but after granting various safety certificates agreed to increase it.

The Bilbao Manager was at Colchester today and was apparently most complimentary about the facilities!  When was the last time anyone said that about Layer Road?  Or has ANYONE ever said it!

We''ve a decent owner (even if he is a West Ham fan) who has given us decent money (modest but previously unknown to us, a club whose record transfer fee was for many years £50,000).  Never thought I would see it..................

[/quote]

Layer Road looked like it was crumbling down

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Layer Road looked like it was crumbling down

[/quote]

It''s been crumbling down to my certain knowledge since about 1953.................

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]glad it looks like you''ve been able to keep Yeates and Jackson, i''ve heard a few good things about Elito, do you reckon he''ll make it?[/quote]

I''m sorry we lost Lisbie (but I understand why and know Kevin and like him very much as a person but this season is really more or less his last chance in the Championship so he goes with (fairly) unanimous best wishes this end.  Just wish it had been a different club..........but I think we''ll see him back).

If Mark does the business I suspect we shall face a renewed challenge in January.

Medy Elito potentially has the *it* factor.  Dragged into the first team through injuries at the age of 17 (out of the Reserves and the youth side) he just did a "Righto, boss" and got on with it.  Like your chap from Gambia a "bit raw" but not so raw that Arsenal and Liverpool  didn''t come down to take a look several times towards the end of last season.  Now 18, if he has a decent season we''ll lose him.  Attacking midfielder who can play on either flank.

Like that bloke Roeder said: "Hunger.............."

Has played for England U17 but has dual nationality with the Congo.

We''ll see but potentially, yes.

[quote user="dom141"]

I think you accidentally said "decent attacking force". Although we all know Curo scored a hat-trick in the 5-1 match.

I think City will win but only 2 or 3-1 as our only attacking threat is JC. If only Lupoli or Koroma had clearance to play. I look forward to seeing Kennedy at the back as I think be will be a class act, but I hope he stays fit.

If only I could get to Carra Road.

[/quote]

Not worried about the score, personally, just how we cope (or not, as the case may be).