Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City & Roeder only sign Runts!

CT - 16 years old, talks sense.1st Wizard - Age unknown, 50-60? Talks rubbish.Just a little indication that years of experience are no match for a calm temperament and a sensible head.

Those pesky runts Ched, Bertrand and Pearce, they were so awful......

They have not played an competitive game yet, so how can they be rubbish?

I agree we need to be spendong somemoney, we have got some good players for say, 750k, very happy with them. But a nice million pound signings always raises the spirits of everyone. We don;t even know if GR likes to buy more expensive players, ook at Wenger he buys cheaper players and likes to mould them into his own style and players.

[quote user="C.T "]If G.R isnt good enough for you then who is? [quote] I''ll keep saying Stevce Tilson CT, because of his experience working with a small budget. [/quote]

I bet you were one of those who didnt give Roeder a canary in hell chance of keeping us up and blow me down he did the virtually impossible and kept us up.

[/quote]

I believe that was more down to the appalling form of 3 other teams in March & April........not Roeders ability.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="C.T "]If G.R isnt good enough for you then who is? [quote] I''ll keep saying Stevce Tilson CT, because of his experience working with a small budget. [/quote]I bet you were one of those who didnt give Roeder a canary in hell chance of keeping us up and blow me down he did the virtually impossible and kept us up. [/quote]

I believe that was more down to the appalling form of 3 other teams in March & April........not Roeders ability.

[/quote]For goodness sake Wiz, we had 8 POINTS when he first came and finished on 55! You dont like giving praise to G.R at all do you?

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Sorry for the delay in replying people, but amazingly, I do have to go out and do other things, I shall try and answer a few of the questions which have been raised so far.

The players I would have liked at City, pardon spelling..Howard (would link well with JC and 750 grand would get him here imo) Gorkss, Raisk, Misfud, Taylor (no chance now thanks to penny pinching) in fact, anyone who can hit the floor running at the Coventry game, and has a currently PROVEN ability at Championship level.

If there''s no money for these, then why not? where''s it gone?

I have zero faith or trust in Roeder, this is a man who actually paid cash for Fatty Patty, thought Gibbs was great, gave the Doc a new contract but not Hucks! and anyone who trusts Harry Rednapp want their bumps felt!.

Finally, I have over 50 years of my life invested in following City, and now I have to watch the current shambols of a Smith & Jones led board flush our hopes and ambitions for our once great club down the bloody toilet.........you bet I''m angry![8o|]

[/quote]

1st Wizard, I read a lot of your posts that appear on this forum and the vast majority of them are all doom and gloom!

I think your opinions on the club are probably as near to the opposite as the ones I have, but they are your opinions and I’m sure you don’t need me tell you that you are entitled to them!

I would how ever like to argue that it’s ridiculous to write off these players until after at least 10 league games

In my opinion I think Glenn has made some good purchases over the summer. I think Betrand was a solid left back last season (with the exception of Ipswich away)

Sammy Clingan seems a good player after reading the Notts Forest forum; some fans described him as the backbone to the team.

Dejan gives us the element of experience at the back and possibly a good character in the dressing room. We’re seriously lacking a wise head if you consider the fact JC is the oldest player on the books! …….I could go on but I’m sure you can paint the picture, and you know where I’m going with it!

I think the names you mentioned for possible targets are good ones, and we need to remember, there is still 31 days till this transfer window closes, so there is still hope!

I think Glenn is shrewder than you give him credit for. Think of it this way, if at the start of the summer we signed Ameobi for 2m, that would probably give all the other teams we dealt with regarding player transfer, the impression we had a lot of money to spend, hence pushing the prices up. So if we are going to make a big money signing, it will be towards the end of the transfer window, not the start (just my theory, could well be proven wrong!)

But I don’t think buying expensive players guarantees you success, I would go as far as saying Michael Kightly, one of the best players in the championship, was a complete unknown before Wolves signed him!

With regards to Glenn , I think he is the right man we need for the job. I doubted him when the club announced him as Grant’s Successor, but I like the man, he’s straight talking: a spades is a spade with him!

He has wiped out all the cob webs, players and staff (which was long overdue) and we can start the rebuilding process, which, I think, is going to be a long one but a beneficial one in the long run.

With regards to Delia and the board, love her or hate her, we are a stable and well financially structured football club which, I would go as far as saying is probably the envy of a lot of our rivals in the championship, Southampton being an example of one of those teams.

I was talking to one of our delivery drivers, who is a QPR fan. The conversation went along these lines…..

“I bet your looking forward to the new season aren’t you?! It’s exciting times to be a QPR fan!”

His reply was…

“I’ve been a QPR season ticket holder for years, and I’ve just started taking my son to games, but we got our season ticket renewals through and the prices have gone through the roof!”

And he wasn’t talking a couple of quid, I’m pretty sure he said it’s gone from something like £400 to £900!

And finally (I’m so sorry for those of you who are still awake to read this!!)

If you don’t think taking advice from someone who has helped bring players like, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe and Rio Ferdinand (to name a few) through the youth ranks and help become established England internationals, then, please don’t take offence, you are slightly deluded!    

[/quote]Here Here. excellent point of view.I believe Glenn has got his head screwed on the right way unlike certain people on here. i think we will be pleasantly suprised come the start of the season. ......not just with the signing of barry hayles  only kidding. i think glenn and his team''s ability in recognising reasonably unknown talent will pay dividends

[quote user="C.T "]If G.R isnt good enough for you then who is? [quote] I''ll keep saying Stevce Tilson CT, because of his experience working with a small budget. [/quote]

I bet you were one of those who didnt give Roeder a canary in hell chance of keeping us up and blow me down he did the virtually impossible and kept us up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have read some posts of you, some tripe ones, but this takes the biscuit. You really are bitter and twisted mate, sorry to say that and it is only an opinion, but to come up with rubbish like that. It is like saying Man Utd only won the title because Chelsea lost the last 2 games, sounds rubbish doesn''t it? We finshed where we were as we were not as good a the others above us and we were better than the ones below, simple, the table doesn''t lie.

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Sorry for the delay in replying people, but amazingly, I do have to go out and do other things, I shall try and answer a few of the questions which have been raised so far.

The players I would have liked at City, pardon spelling..Howard (would link well with JC and 750 grand would get him here imo) Gorkss, Raisk, Misfud, Taylor (no chance now thanks to penny pinching) in fact, anyone who can hit the floor running at the Coventry game, and has a currently PROVEN ability at Championship level.

If there''s no money for these, then why not? where''s it gone?

I have zero faith or trust in Roeder, this is a man who actually paid cash for Fatty Patty, thought Gibbs was great, gave the Doc a new contract but not Hucks! and anyone who trusts Harry Rednapp want their bumps felt!.

Finally, I have over 50 years of my life invested in following City, and now I have to watch the current shambols of a Smith & Jones led board flush our hopes and ambitions for our once great club down the bloody toilet.........you bet I''m angry![8o|]

[/quote]

1st Wizard, I read a lot of your posts that appear on this forum and the vast majority of them are all doom and gloom!

I think your opinions on the club are probably as near to the opposite as the ones I have, but they are your opinions and I’m sure you don’t need me tell you that you are entitled to them!

I would how ever like to argue that it’s ridiculous to write off these players until after at least 10 league games

In my opinion I think Glenn has made some good purchases over the summer. I think Betrand was a solid left back last season (with the exception of Ipswich away)

Sammy Clingan seems a good player after reading the Notts Forest forum; some fans described him as the backbone to the team.

Dejan gives us the element of experience at the back and possibly a good character in the dressing room. We’re seriously lacking a wise head if you consider the fact JC is the oldest player on the books! …….I could go on but I’m sure you can paint the picture, and you know where I’m going with it!

I think the names you mentioned for possible targets are good ones, and we need to remember, there is still 31 days till this transfer window closes, so there is still hope!

I think Glenn is shrewder than you give him credit for. Think of it this way, if at the start of the summer we signed Ameobi for 2m, that would probably give all the other teams we dealt with regarding player transfer, the impression we had a lot of money to spend, hence pushing the prices up. So if we are going to make a big money signing, it will be towards the end of the transfer window, not the start (just my theory, could well be proven wrong!)

But I don’t think buying expensive players guarantees you success, I would go as far as saying Michael Kightly, one of the best players in the championship, was a complete unknown before Wolves signed him!

With regards to Glenn , I think he is the right man we need for the job. I doubted him when the club announced him as Grant’s Successor, but I like the man, he’s straight talking: a spades is a spade with him!

He has wiped out all the cob webs, players and staff (which was long overdue) and we can start the rebuilding process, which, I think, is going to be a long one but a beneficial one in the long run.

With regards to Delia and the board, love her or hate her, we are a stable and well financially structured football club which, I would go as far as saying is probably the envy of a lot of our rivals in the championship, Southampton being an example of one of those teams.

I was talking to one of our delivery drivers, who is a QPR fan. The conversation went along these lines…..

“I bet your looking forward to the new season aren’t you?! It’s exciting times to be a QPR fan!”

His reply was…

“I’ve been a QPR season ticket holder for years, and I’ve just started taking my son to games, but we got our season ticket renewals through and the prices have gone through the roof!”

And he wasn’t talking a couple of quid, I’m pretty sure he said it’s gone from something like £400 to £900!

And finally (I’m so sorry for those of you who are still awake to read this!!)

If you don’t think taking advice from someone who has helped bring players like, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe and Rio Ferdinand (to name a few) through the youth ranks and help become established England internationals, then, please don’t take offence, you are slightly deluded!    

[/quote]Here Here. excellent point of view.I believe Glenn has got his head screwed on the right way unlike certain people on here. i think we will be pleasantly suprised come the start of the season. ......not just with the signing of barry hayles  only kidding. i think glenn and his team''s ability in recognising reasonably unknown talent will pay dividends[/quote]Hopefully these 2 fantastic posts will shut Wiz up (for a day or 2 at least!). *crosses fingers*

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]CT - 16 years old, talks sense.

1st Wizard - Age unknown, 50-60? Talks rubbish.

Just a little indication that years of experience are no match for a calm temperament and a sensible head.
[/quote]

Nope Evil , not even close , Wizards age over 80 , hence the bitterness with us youngsters .[;)] ....arrdee.

Now Wiz , you are such a lovely old boy and indeed the most succulent boned loin of of pork with the crackling scored in both ways to give you bite sized small chunks of the finest crackling ever , the best pork in the land but don''t you know that the runt of the litter often turns out the best ? If you have ever kept pigs you will know this is true ....arrdee.

[quote user="C.T "]Believe me EM i was FUMING by the end of the post!

[/quote]I can understand that but step back a little and see Lizard for what he is.He is a common or garden troll. They''re as old as the internet itself and reasoned, well informed and well argued debate mean little to the likes of Lizard...notice how he never replies to posts that have him banged to rights? That''s not what he''s here for. He is in simple terms, and attention seeker. Post like yours actually give him what he wants, because he can see he''s got to you. Trolls feed on negativity, it''s their lifeblood.Plenty of other seasoned posters, myself included have tried to engage the Lizard in meaningful debate over the years. It''s pointless. You''re simply massaging his fevered ego.If you must read his posts (and lets face it, it''s almost worth it for comedy value alone at times) just see them for what they are. The illogical ramblings of a sad old man with a personality disorder.

[quote user="arrdee"]Now Wiz , you are such a lovely old boy and indeed the most succulent boned loin of of pork with the crackling scored in both ways to give you bite sized small chunks of the finest crackling ever , the best pork in the land but don''t you know that the runt of the litter often turns out the best ? If you have ever kept pigs you will know this is true ....arrdee.[/quote]

Now if you lovely old posters don''t believe what I say you have only to look at "Lappinitup" and "1stWazz" both born "runts" of the family and look how they are now.....errr!! well they have survived which is wonderful but i am afraid both are still not up to scratch , I am afraid thats how it goes sometimes but apart from these most get on well.....[;)]....arrdee.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="C.T "]Believe me EM i was FUMING by the end of the post!

[/quote]

I can understand that but step back a little and see Lizard for what he is.
He is a common or garden troll. They''re as old as the internet itself and reasoned, well informed and well argued debate mean little to the likes of Lizard...notice how he never replies to posts that have him banged to rights?

That''s not what he''s here for. He is in simple terms, and attention seeker. Post like yours actually give him what he wants, because he can see he''s got to you. Trolls feed on negativity, it''s their lifeblood.

Plenty of other seasoned posters, myself included have tried to engage the Lizard in meaningful debate over the years. It''s pointless. You''re simply massaging his fevered ego.
If you must read his posts (and lets face it, it''s almost worth it for comedy value alone at times) just see them for what they are. The illogical ramblings of a sad old man with a personality disorder.

[/quote]

Well said Herb. We all do it but it would be easier to just ignore him. Mind you this debate has been raging for a few years now. I like a good debate, but some people, go too far.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="arrdee"]Now Wiz , you are such a lovely old boy and indeed the most succulent boned loin of of pork with the crackling scored in both ways to give you bite sized small chunks of the finest crackling ever , the best pork in the land but don''t you know that the runt of the litter often turns out the best ? If you have ever kept pigs you will know this is true ....arrdee.[/quote]

Now if you lovely old posters don''t believe what I say you have only to look at "Lappinitup" and "1stWazz" both born "runts" of the family and look how they are now.....errr!! well they have survived which is wonderful but i am afraid both are still not up to scratch , I am afraid thats how it goes sometimes but apart from these most get on well.....[;)]....arrdee.[/quote]I am not quite sure what a runt is arrdee so I shall ask Ruth, your wife. As a pig-keeper, she will know!   [:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What Roeder actually did was change the mentality within the squad, he helped them develop some self belief. He worked a miracle with our team last season and deserves full credit for what he did, to dismiss his achievment in the way you have IMO is a gross misrepresentation.

I thought that you had been supporting Roeder in previous posts, but I dont really have the motivation to go back and check.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="arrdee"]Now Wiz , you are such a lovely old boy and indeed the most succulent boned loin of of pork with the crackling scored in both ways to give you bite sized small chunks of the finest crackling ever , the best pork in the land but don''t you know that the runt of the litter often turns out the best ? If you have ever kept pigs you will know this is true ....arrdee.[/quote]

Now if you lovely old posters don''t believe what I say you have only to look at "Lappinitup" and "1stWazz" both born "runts" of the family and look how they are now.....errr!! well they have survived which is wonderful but i am afraid both are still not up to scratch , I am afraid thats how it goes sometimes but apart from these most get on well.....[;)]....arrdee.[/quote]I am not quite sure what a runt is arrdee so I shall ask Ruth, your wife. As a pig-keeper, she will know!   [:D]

[/quote]

Well "Lapp" if you don''t know I perhaps can enlighten you , remember when all your brothers knocked you away from the teats ? also when you were knocked away from the trough ? thats how you became what you are today , both you and 1st Wazz but of course arrdee and his  father took pity on all "peppermints" and fed them sweet tip bits in order to become what you are today , such as it is .[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="arrdee"]Now Wiz , you are such a lovely old boy and indeed the most succulent boned loin of of pork with the crackling scored in both ways to give you bite sized small chunks of the finest crackling ever , the best pork in the land but don''t you know that the runt of the litter often turns out the best ? If you have ever kept pigs you will know this is true ....arrdee.[/quote]

[/quote] Well "Lapp" if you don''t know I perhaps can enlighten you , remember when all your brothers knocked you away from the teats ? also when you were knocked away from the trough ? thats how you became what you are today , both you and 1st Wazz but of course arrdee and his  father took pity on all "peppermints" and fed them sweet tip bits in order to become what you are today , such as it is .[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]So, getting back to the thread title then, do you think 1st wizard is a bit of a runt?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canarysince1981"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="canarysince1981"]Wiz does not seem to live in the real world.[/quote]

Err? I think I do, unlike a few on here, including your good self!.

[/quote]

Wiz, how much money do you feel ncfc should be spending this summer oin new players?

[/quote]

3-4 million would signal a small sign of ambition to me mate.

[/quote]

Wiz, I''m not your mate, I''ve never met you. As for 3 - 4 million, I''m sure Glenn will have soon spent that and as you are the Wizard I''m sure you can work that one out

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="arrdee"]Now Wiz , you are such a lovely old boy and indeed the most succulent boned loin of of pork with the crackling scored in both ways to give you bite sized small chunks of the finest crackling ever , the best pork in the land but don''t you know that the runt of the litter often turns out the best ? If you have ever kept pigs you will know this is true ....arrdee.[/quote]

[/quote] Well "Lapp" if you don''t know I perhaps can enlighten you , remember when all your brothers knocked you away from the teats ? also when you were knocked away from the trough ? thats how you became what you are today , both you and 1st Wazz but of course arrdee and his  father took pity on all "peppermints" and fed them sweet tip bits in order to become what you are today , such as it is .[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]So, getting back to the thread title then, do you think 1st wizard is a bit of a runt?[/quote]

No just unfortunate that as a triplet he was the one in the middle!!

Having spent most of my day (on and off) trying to protect Wiz from a massed attack of all in sundry I am now ready to admit I did not realy agree with all of his first post.

I just hate to see someone ganged up on . There was as I have said before a grain of truth and a mass amount of concern if you bother to read between the lines.

Runts are usually the last born and the smallest of the litter.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="C.T "]Believe me EM i was FUMING by the end of the post!

[/quote]

I can understand that but step back a little and see Lizard for what he is.
He is a common or garden troll. They''re as old as the internet itself and reasoned, well informed and well argued debate mean little to the likes of Lizard...notice how he never replies to posts that have him banged to rights?

That''s not what he''s here for. He is in simple terms, and attention seeker. Post like yours actually give him what he wants, because he can see he''s got to you. Trolls feed on negativity, it''s their lifeblood.

Plenty of other seasoned posters, myself included have tried to engage the Lizard in meaningful debate over the years. It''s pointless. You''re simply massaging his fevered ego.
If you must read his posts (and lets face it, it''s almost worth it for comedy value alone at times) just see them for what they are. The illogical ramblings of a sad old man with a personality disorder.

[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean Herb! If you put something along the line of  "1st Wiz you are such an egocentric old fart" He will reply as quick as a flash and complain that your post has no substance blah blah etc etc....!

Yet when you put a decent argument to him, which is constructive, thought out and non bitchy, he wont reply!   

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="arrdee"]Now Wiz , you are such a lovely old boy and indeed the most succulent boned loin of of pork with the crackling scored in both ways to give you bite sized small chunks of the finest crackling ever , the best pork in the land but don''t you know that the runt of the litter often turns out the best ? If you have ever kept pigs you will know this is true ....arrdee.[/quote]

[/quote]So, getting back to the thread title then, do you think 1st wizard is a bit of a runt?[/quote]

Now "lapp" its no good saying "getting back to the thread" I told you and Wass what was coming your way , when you and wass cozed up together at the posters meet to have a go at arrdee, you have brought it on your selves , where is Wass by the way? seems he has left you to it "lapp" [:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="The Butler"]Having spent most of my day (on and off) trying to protect Wiz from a massed attack of all in sundry I am now ready to admit I did not realy agree with all of his first post.

I just hate to see someone ganged up on .

[/quote]

Fear not Butler mate, the same old names have been trying this playground bullying approach with me for some 5 years now, and I''m still here!.

Every put down and every insult that they try to come up with I''ve heard a 100 times before, none are original and most are a dead giveaway to their age or mental state.

I''m quite ammune to them now anyway. In fact, between you and me, I just laugh at them all now.......If I quit on here today, some other poor sod would get the same treatment as I tomorrow, and I never let bullies win, ever, especially when I know I''m right!.[;)]

I''ve enjoyed some of the more reasoned posters arguements on this thread, in fact, they may even help me revalueate my position, likewise, I hope I''ve given them some food for thought too.

But please bear in mind, I don''t spend all day on this message board,  so my replies sometimes can take a long while in coming.......... Oh , and in general, I''ll always ignore the ''insult brigade''.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

I know exactly what you mean Herb! If you put something along the line of  "1st Wiz you are such an egocentric old fart" He will reply as quick as a flash and complain that your post has no substance blah blah etc etc....!

Yet when you put a decent argument to him, which is constructive, thought out and non bitchy, he wont reply!   

[/quote]

I cannot, and will not, spend my entire life replying to every single poster who replies to one of my threads Yellow Submarine.

And if they have insulted me in the past, then they go to the back of a very long queue.

Politeness works with me..............although I can do nasty too if they like!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canarysince1981"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="canarysince1981"]Wiz does not seem to live in the real world.[/quote]

Err? I think I do, unlike a few on here, including your good self!.

[/quote]

Wiz, how much money do you feel ncfc should be spending this summer oin new players?

[/quote]

3-4 million would signal a small sign of ambition to me mate.

[/quote]

I think that would to all of us Wiz, however can you hand on heart say you think NCFC has that sort of money for 1 player? 

[/quote]

No, I don''t think we have 49, but Cullum has...........but thats for another thread and another time mate.....however, money always seems to be found for land deals etc!.

[/quote]

That I can agree with you on, isn''t it just so frustrating.  I know you dislike GR, but at the end of the day he can only spend what he''s given by the board funds wise, he is just the man in the middle, so personally I wouldn''t be too harsh on him before a ball is even kicked in the proper season.  [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

That I can agree with you on, isn''t it just so frustrating.  I know you dislike GR, but at the end of the day he can only spend what he''s given by the board funds wise, he is just the man in the middle, so personally I wouldn''t be too harsh on him before a ball is even kicked in the proper season.  [:)]

[/quote]

Do you know 49'' you''re right, I have been unfair on GR, its not his fault about the budget, I''ll conceed that.

Fear not Butler mate, the same old names have been trying this playground bullying approach with me for some 5 years now, and I''m still here!.

[/quote]

You started it...

Yep, thats right, thanks to We AreYellow 49''s reply to me on a different thread, I now realise it not Glen''s fault for signing the runts and cast offs. He has to work to a Scrooge type budget set by the board, so he''s hampered in who he''s signs, and for that I''ll apologise to him.

However, they''re still sub standed players, the team quite simply isn''t good enough to compeate with the rest of the Championship, and we have, under our damn boards guidence, become the paupers of this league.

I had hoped that when GR arrived here he would stand up to them, sadly I don''t he has, and when, not if, it all goes tits up again, they will make him the scapegoat for their failings!

And thats the real shame of it all.