Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City & Roeder only sign Runts!

[quote]No constructive arguement against my opinion, only personal insults, or childish pictures of Trolls by someone else.[/quote]

Ok Wiz, try this then.  There is a difference between thinking big and spending big.  Certain people in here only see ambition in terms of prices paid for players.  At this level loans from the Premiership can get you promoted, as they are often of a higher quality than older, more expensive permanent transfers.  Bendtner, Larsson, Bertrand, Evans are all examples of this.  Hopefully the lads from Fulham and Portsmouth will meet this standard but if they don''t, return them to sender and try again.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]He only posts this crap because he''s a sad old man that has nothing better to do than sit behind his pc posting rubbish like this to get a reaction from people. Kind of like a child on there school holiday or a binner on a wind up, just full time cos he''s got nothing better in his sad old life before he pops his clogs.[/quote]

You see Posters?

No constructive arguement against my opinion, only personal insults, or childish pictures of Trolls by someone else.

I even more convinced I''m right now, they have no conter arguement... and they never will have!

[/quote]This isn''t a constructive argument against you Wiz , I''m just  filling in some blanks - normally your posts are selective of the facts that back up your opinion at the time.I like what Roeder and City are buying nowStefanovic and Kennedy - are these guys runts Wiz?? Really, Wiz, Runts?? One has huge Premiership experience - the other is a very exciting defender in the Taylor mould (more speed though0 - I know he''s Scottish and you have quite racist views on that nationality (well you have had in the past but I''m happy to stand corrected on this) so sorry about that.Hoolahan we signed cheap and he''s small - but you don''t think he''s a runt???!!! I think he''s excellent - and so does Glenn - and so do you? I'',m really not getting your post title now.(I think you must have a crush on him)Cureton - over the hill and too cheap and too small - he could be described as a runt - but you love him (you definitely have a crush on him)Bertrand and Omozusi - loan players that most of West London seem to think are awesome players who aren''t runts (small)Clingan - small but determined skillul and passionate who we didn''t pay much for.Glenn has done some exceelent deals - so what, we haven''t made headlines like the binners ( norris for £2m hahahahahahahah) or QPR, I for one think that if we can get loans it very very very sensible, especially if they get injured. So what we don''t have them as assets - if we go up then we''re minted, if we go down (which I think you''d secretly like) then we would never realise they''re value.A few weeks back you didn''t think we''d sign anyone else!!!??????.............Feel free to get back to me.....remember the last time??!! yep, I shamed you so much that you changed your sig from Misty to Lonely mountains. I know on your previous mountain range the oxygen was a bit thin and skewed your views a bit - the mist prevented any clarity of vision - in fact you didn''t even know what was going on due to cloud cover.  Lonely mountain is exactly the place for you now.  Is Freak Peak your next destination.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="The Butler"]Nice one but as you are the intelligent one(or is that just another rumour started by GNG) I looked for the genuine answer![/quote]
Cryptosporidium strikes again, methinks...

Its better to travel in hope than in Jo Brand''s bra?
[/quote]

Or Russel Brands jock strap.

50 years since I studied Latin but I think this is a medical term for a bug that causes the sh**s.

If so (clever chap) I can only suggest that you keep taking the tablets!

Thats right, crap, cheap, give-away, kiddies, loanee players, in other words, players that no other teams wants, or as I call them runts of the litter.

I will excempt Hoolihan from that list, but he''s the only one!

Before the barrage of taunts come hurling my way, think on this..........Not one of you have advocated signing the players that we have signed, again Wes H excepted. Most of the runts didn''t even register on your rader in view of possible new signings, so ask yourself just why that is?

Gorks, Eastwood, Rasik, Misfud and even the crock Ameobi where wanted by you, you even speculated that our budget was in the range of 2-3-4 million pounds...........so far the outlay hasn''t topped 400 grand, I know, don''t tell me, theyre all bargains!

Even our alledged small bid for Howard has been turned down by Leicester, Taylor all over again no doubt, or doing it on the bloody cheap Part 5.

Now Roeder is a saying the new striker he''s after is a fantastric young player who, wait for it, no one has heard of yet, you couldn''t make it up could you?

Now you might swallow all this and keep it disguised under ''the loyal supporter'' claptrap that you Percy''s are so fond of quoting when reality bites you in the arse....... but some of us ''other loyal fans'' see it exactly for what it is................Bulls*it!

[/quote]

Wiz, I assume you’re just attention seeking, but I’ll reply just the same!

Lupoli is rated by top clubs in Europe, but not by you!

Bertrand was immense last season & the majority are happy he is back!

Clingan was loved by Forest fans & they are gutted he left!

Stefanovic is a proven CB in the Premiership who adds class to our back line!

Kennedy is highly rated at Celtic – See Fozzy’s comments!

Bell looks quality & we had to beat off interest from Coventry!

Hoolahan – Ok, you agree with me here!

What is your problem with them? Will you reply, Wiz? You didn’t when proved wrong about Eastwood’s abysmal scoring record!

[quote user="The Butler"]Or Russel Brands jock strap.

50 years since I studied Latin but I think this is a medical term for a bug that causes the sh**s.

[/quote]

10 points to The Butler... [:)]

Immodium helps...

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Thats right, crap, cheap, give-away, kiddies, loanee players, in other words, players that no other teams wants, or as I call them runts of the litter.

Before the barrage of taunts come hurling my way, think on this..........Not one of you have advocated signing the players that we have signed, again Wes H excepted. Most of the runts didn''t even register on your rader in view of possible new signings, so ask yourself just why that is?

Gorks, Eastwood, Rasik, Misfud and even the crock Ameobi where wanted by you, you even speculated that our budget was in the range of 2-3-4 million pounds...........so far the outlay hasn''t topped 400 grand, I know, don''t tell me, theyre all bargains!

Even our alledged small bid for Howard has been turned down by Leicester, Taylor all over again no doubt, or doing it on the bloody cheap Part 5.

Now Roeder is a saying the new striker he''s after is a fantastric young player who, wait for it, no one has heard of yet, you couldn''t make it up could you?

Now you might swallow all this and keep it disguised under ''the loyal supporter'' claptrap that you Percy''s are so fond of quoting when reality bites you in the arse....... but some of us ''other loyal fans'' see it exactly for what it is................Bulls*it!

[/quote]

Wiz, I assume you’re just attention seeking, but I’ll reply just the same!

Lupoli is rated by top clubs in Europe, but not by you!

Bertrand was immense last season & the majority are happy he is back!

Clingan was loved by Forest fans & they are gutted he left!

Stefanovic is a proven CB in the Premiership who adds class to our back line!

Kennedy is highly rated at Celtic – See Fozzy’s comments!

Bell looks quality & we had to beat off interest from Coventry!

Hoolahan – Ok, you agree with me here!

What is your problem with them? Will you reply, Wiz? You didn’t when proved wrong about Eastwood’s abysmal scoring record!

[/quote]

Thought I''d help Wiz a bit as he is out numbered at present!

Lupoli moved from club to club and has yet not proved himself anywhere

Bertrand excellent and learning

Stefanovic passed his sell by date

Kennedy coming back from injury and no one knows how he will react or his leg will stand the strain

Bell didn''t do much at Leicester

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="The Butler"]Or Russel Brands jock strap.

[/quote]
10 points to The Butler... [:)]

Immodium helps...
[/quote]

15 all me thinks

[/quote]

it is hard to take when the likes of bristol city,notts forest etc show more transfer ambition than us. but this is the way norwich go about their business,hopefully not but i can see it biting us in the arse one day. i will say GET BEHIND THE CURRENT PLAYERS THEY NEED IT NOW MORE THAN EVER

Wiz you''re a bit of a Runt..

Or something that rhymes with it [;)]

Wiz you''re a bit of a Runt..

Or something that rhymes with it [;)]

So would you actually want us to up our alleged bid for Howard to more than half a million, Wiz? He may not be a runt, but as far as I can see he''s past his best and not worth that kind of money. I suspect you feel the same but are being a bit dishonest and somewhat undermining the rest of your argument, which I have to agree otherwise holds an element of truth.

Wiz you lovely old boy, there was a time when you''re posts would encourage active and interesting debate. That time is not now. Your tone is becoming more controversial and more aggressive each time you post. I don''t blame you much to be honest, the quality of most of the replies in this thread is shocking highlighting of the lack of thoughtful debate on this message board these days. In the past I would have bothered to make a counter-arguement, but I really can''t now. It will just disappear under 100 posts containing at least one of; "troll", a half-covered swear word, or an insult.

I replied in the mistaken belief that Wiz might try to debate the points I raised, after he moaned about a lack of constructive criticism of his original post.  I should have learnt by now that it just doesn''t happen.

Before the barrage of taunts come hurling my way, think on this..........Not one of you have advocated signing the players that we have signed, again Wes H excepted. Most of the runts didn''t even register on your rader in view of possible new signings, so ask yourself just why that is? Because none of us (and I''ll put my neck out and include you in this) has the skills, insight, conections or indepth knowledge of whats going on in the game that Glen and his team have.

Gorks, Eastwood, Rasik, Misfud and even the crock Ameobi where wanted by you, you even speculated that our budget was in the range of 2-3-4 million pounds...........so far the outlay hasn''t topped 400 grand, I know, don''t tell me, theyre all bargains! Are you suggesting that we''ve paid over the odds for the players that have come in then?  Bell 400K Holahoop £250K plus whatever the stankmaster cost & loan fees plus future outlay for two strikers would seem to give us a budget of 2-4 mil by my reconing

Even our alledged small bid for Howard has been turned down by Leicester, Taylor all over again no doubt, or doing it on the bloody cheap Part 5. Are you suggesting that Howard is worth more than the reported 500K offer or that we should pay over the odds for him?

Now Roeder is a saying the new striker he''s after is a fantastric young player who, wait for it, no one has heard of yet, you couldn''t make it up could you? No, so I would suggest that he hasn''t made it up and that if it happens we should be chuffed

[/quote]I don''t doubt that you are a "loyal supporter"  but on the evidence of your post you are also obviously completly bonkers

If I thought he was capable of a reasoned, rational debate, I would offer him my actual thoughts but he has shown over the years that all he can manage are reactionist, over the top views lacking in any substance or validity and we all know he just does it to wind people up.

Some people do it well on other forums and are quite funny with it (even Cluck used to make me laugh) but poor old Izzy-Wizzy cant even get that right.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I replied in the mistaken belief that Wiz might try to debate the points I raised, after he moaned about a lack of constructive criticism of his original post.  I should have learnt by now that it just doesn''t happen.[/quote]

He won''t reply when he knows he''s wrong. I''m still awaiting a reply about Freddie Eastwood from weeks ago!!!!

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Before the barrage of taunts come hurling my way, think on this..........Not one of you have advocated signing the players that we have signed, again Wes H excepted. Most of the runts didn''t even register on your rader in view of possible new signings, so ask yourself just why that is? Because none of us (and I''ll put my neck out and include you in this) has the skills, insight, conections or indepth knowledge of whats going on in the game that Glen and his team have.

Gorks, Eastwood, Rasik, Misfud and even the crock Ameobi where wanted by you, you even speculated that our budget was in the range of 2-3-4 million pounds...........so far the outlay hasn''t topped 400 grand, I know, don''t tell me, theyre all bargains! Are you suggesting that we''ve paid over the odds for the players that have come in then?  Bell 400K Holahoop £250K plus whatever the stankmaster cost & loan fees plus future outlay for two strikers would seem to give us a budget of 2-4 mil by my reconing

Even our alledged small bid for Howard has been turned down by Leicester, Taylor all over again no doubt, or doing it on the bloody cheap Part 5. Are you suggesting that Howard is worth more than the reported 500K offer or that we should pay over the odds for him?

Now Roeder is a saying the new striker he''s after is a fantastric young player who, wait for it, no one has heard of yet, you couldn''t make it up could you? No, so I would suggest that he hasn''t made it up and that if it happens we should be chuffed

[/quote]

I don''t doubt that you are a "loyal supporter"  but on the evidence of your post you are also obviously completly bonkers
[/quote]

Please don''t include wages in this as we got rid of 17 players since Roeder came, they were being paid you know.

The fees paid (so far)are much less than the money recently recieved in.

The quality over the last 10 years has declined in proportion to nett investment.

Wiz may or may not be bonkers(then what is the border between sanity and genius?)  in a crazy world the biggest idiot is bound to be king!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I replied in the mistaken belief that Wiz might try to debate the points I raised, after he moaned about a lack of constructive criticism of his original post.  I should have learnt by now that it just doesn''t happen.[/quote]That was foolish.  You know that wiz wouldn''t recognise a counter arguement if it stole his wife and raped his cattle.

Dear oh dear Wiz, open mouth insert foot???

Seriously with all this anger lately you will make yourself ill, and it really isn''t worth it TBH.

I really wish I could see where you are coming from, but honestly hand on heart I can''t.  GR is bringing in players, and I trust his judgement over yours as he''s a football manager and you aren''t.  The players he has brought in seem to be good enough for the jobs they are employed to do, so why rant now? before a ball in the proper season has yet to be kicked?  Why not wait and see what the first few games of the season bring, it seems strange that you pre-judge players on a few friendlies (which some haven''t even played in yet), and also judge players who haven''t or might not even join our club.

So come on Wiz, why do you feel and think the way you do lately?  And remember you asked for constructive critisism, so perhaps you''d repay us all with some from your good self. [:)]

I have been holding out all summer in the belief that we have a bit more money to spend than some people seem to think (ie wiz), but if our main striker signing turns out to be Howard than i will be extremely dissapointed and it will prove that we really are broke.I will admit that roeder has put together a half decent team on a very small budget, but as good as some of these young loanees may be they are not ours.If we start the season with howard, cureton and martin as the only strikers that belong to us, that gives us a strikeforce that is barely worth a million between them,the only players that we have brought that we might make some money on are bell and hollahan.

Norwich are a selling club, always have been and always will be, but we seem to have stopped buying players that are worth selling.

I think you''re being a little harsh Wiz. I think it is fair to say that

the amount that has been spent on permanent deals isn''t huge and the

majority of signings being loans. This will ultimately lead to those

signings having to be replaced at the end of the season or during the

January window. With most of the players I would say that the

quality is there and we should see ourselves performing better than

during last season. There will be those who argue that it is down the

manager who we sign. However, if I was manager of Norwich and the money

was available to make permanent signings I would definitely go for that

in favour of the number of loans we''ve made. Using one or two

loans can work as we saw during our promotion season but it looks as

though a large proportion of our first team is to be made up of players

on temporary deals.Fundamentally this all comes down to how

much money there is available. We''ve known for a very long time now

that the money isn''t there. Whether this is out of choice or necessity

is debatable. This in my opinion will lead to the kind of protests

against the board that many suggested could and perhaps should happen

in the relatively near future. If Norwich get off to a bad start then I

think it is inevitable. I would prefer to see the team in the top half

of the table and a take over bid on good terms, using the momentum

built up by the team over the first few months of the season. I don''t

think I''d be along in that. Sadly though, with the small

amounts of money being paid (I know loans cost money but, in truth its

wasted when the players return to their parent clubs) it would appear

that again we''re going to be left behind by the pack. This isn''t an

anti-Delia post, its the contribution of someone who would like to see

change.

Wiz - As you will be aware I am not a big fan of loanees, and I also share some of your concerns about how little we have spent so far. I will temper that by saying that spending big in itself is no guarantee of success, the players have to be the right players, as evidenced by the Bristol City manager having the b*lls to pull out of not one but two transfers because he felt those players were not right for his time (and done in the climate of unrest amongst the Bristol City fans who now have high expectations following their teams exploits last season). At the risk of having old Clucky Clucker clucking in my lug hole I am not prepared to make a judgment on any of our signings until I have seen them play a few times, I would also prefer to see how the team performs as a whole, whether we now have the right balance etc. All of the players signed so far seem half decent to me, I would agree that Hoolahoops does seem the pick of them. I understand where your frustration is coming from, we all need a signing that makes us all go "Wow", there is still time yet........

Come on you sad old G!t.  Do you think that there is anyone here, including yourself, who really believes that??

Oh by the way, I meant the bit about you being a "loyal fan" .............  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, priceless.

It''s rather said that reactionist tosh like this can generate pages and pages, day after day. Yet when someone comes on with a reasonble, well structured and articulate opening post more often than not it tends to get ignored by most. It''s not even funny anymore, jus ignore him and he might go away.

I find it sad so many try to ridicule Wiz when what he says is quite frankly true , apart from Hoolahan , we have signed the biggest load of rubbish since .... well last summer , but just like last summer people try to convince themselves and others that the signings of old men , lower league cheapies and schoolkids on loan are just what we need . Truth is we dont have a fraction of the ambition of clubs like Bristol City and Forest , Delia''s laughing stock thats us, cannot even field a team without having to borrow half of them from other clubs .

[quote user="Mark Smith"]It''s rather said that reactionist tosh like this can generate pages and pages, day after day. Yet when someone comes on with a reasonble, well structured and articulate opening post more often than not it tends to get ignored by most. It''s not even funny anymore, jus ignore him and he might go away.[/quote]Actually - the more ignored, the more he posts - doesn''t work... we''ve tried everything...

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]I find it sad so many try to ridicule Wiz when what he says is quite frankly true , apart from Hoolahan , we have signed the biggest load of rubbish since .... well last summer , but just like last summer people try to convince themselves and others that the signings of old men , lower league cheapies and schoolkids on loan are just what we need . Truth is we dont have a fraction of the ambition of clubs like Bristol City and Forest , Delia''s laughing stock thats us, cannot even field a team without having to borrow half of them from other clubs .
[/quote]

I think a lot of people resort to ridiculing him because once you get past the hyperbole and trash talk of the first post, he can''t argue his way out of a soggy paper bag.