Sign in to follow this  
fox

new players age

hi all just a quick question? i am very happy with glen new players,but do you think the team is to young to compete for the long hard season in front of them?

Roeder did say in his press conference today that the "big striker" coming in was experienced, so that may solve that problem. We''ve also got stefanovic too. I guess the midfield could be slightly lacking in experience, but Fozzy''s been around a fair bit.

[quote user="King Beef"]

"If you''re good enough, you''re old enough."

KB

[/quote]

This is true, but it''s not just about being good. IT''s about having someone on the field to calm people down etc. A voice for the Manager. But, i think Stefanovic and Fozzy are good enough characters to do this.

Marshall, Stefan, Russell, Fotherinham, Semmy and this new experienced front man will all have what it takes to play every game this season, they''ve proven their fitness last season and it was fantastic efforts.

Maybe one or two youngsters such as Omoz and this new lad coming in from Pompey may drift at the latter stages of the season however I can''t see it being a problem, they''re professionals for a reason :)

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]

Roeder did say in his press conference today that the "big striker" coming in was experienced, so that may solve that problem. We''ve also got stefanovic too. I guess the midfield could be slightly lacking in experience, but Fozzy''s been around a fair bit.

[/quote]

Stevie quoting Stevee......

I think you will find that Russell has played well over 300 games at this level. Like you have said Stefanovic is very experienced plus the likes of the Doc and Cureton have been around and some fella called Drury is approaching 300 games for us plus the 150+ games for Peterborough.

Personally, I think the squad has a good mix.

drury, steffs, rusty, fozzy and curo have all been around the block...if the new front man is experienced, then i''d say we have a fair mix of old and young?<>on a meagre budget, roedy has done well imo - he  just needs to get the squad to blend and play well><@

Is this a fitness or mental strength question?[quote user="fox"]hi all just a quick question? i am very happy with glen new players,but do you think the team is to young to compete for the long hard season in front of them?[/quote]