Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder

So, how much have we spent this summer?

So far this summer we have signed 10 players;

5 loanees - Bertrand, Lupoli, Kennedy, Owusuzi, Kromar

2 freebie - Nelson & Clingan

3 involving a fee - Stefanovic, Hoolahan & Bell

How much in transfer & loan fees have these 10 cost us? Realistically, how much do we have left? Do we have enough to sign this top level striker that we are all pinning our hopes on?

I''m guessing we most have spent something in excess of £2M as the permanent 3 would have cost at least £1M in fees.

I hope there is a little left in the kitty as we still need a few BIG names. I think where we lack in strengh and hight so think we need enough dosh to buy 2 maybe 3 big blokes.

About 600k in total which means we can blow the couple of Million we haven''t spent on an awesome striker!!!!  I can hope!!   [:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"]About 600k in total which means we can blow the couple of Million we haven''t spent on an awesome striker!!!!  I can hope!!   [:D]
[/quote]

Thought Bell was £600k and Hoolahan was £250 not sure how much Stefanovic was but thats over a million so th the loanees would you think about £2m spent so far?

Roeder said Bell was £400k, and Hoolahan was £250k, I''m pretty sure he said that is all he had spent on permanents, so I can only assume Stefanovic was a free? Obviously the loans command fees, but who knows how much.

Bell was £400k and Hoolahan was £200k. I think Stefanovic was about £500k. I would guess we have spend around £1.5m which I have no idea how much cash that leaves for a coulpe of big forwards

[quote user="dom141"]Bell was £400k and Hoolahan was £200k. I think Stefanovic was about £500k. I would guess we have spend around £1.5m which I have no idea how much cash that leaves for a coulpe of big forwards[/quote]

How can we have got Hollahan for £200 when his release was £250??

Free`s will have signing on and agents fees, and loans cost too.

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="dom141"]Bell was £400k and Hoolahan was £200k. I think Stefanovic was about £500k. I would guess we have spend around £1.5m which I have no idea how much cash that leaves for a coulpe of big forwards[/quote]

How can we have got Hollahan for £200 when his release was £250??

Free`s will have signing on and agents fees, and loans cost too.

[/quote]

you dont know thgat his release clause was 250k it may have been 200k you just dont know!!!!

Transfer fees are a relatively minor consideration. Let''s say that each player on average is £3000 a week. That''s roughly £150,000 per year. we''ve signed about 10 players. That''s about £1.5M plus fees, roughly £2m. Glenn won''t have a separate transfer and wages budget.

board members - too much...fence sitters - enough for us to finish in a respectable mid-table posi which is reasonable given we are in the first year of a 3 years plan!!!ambitious fans - not enough???

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Roeder said Bell was £400k, and Hoolahan was £250k, I''m pretty sure he said that is all he had spent on permanents, so I can only assume Stefanovic was a free? Obviously the loans command fees, but who knows how much.[/quote]

I might be wrong here, but I have a feeling that Bell is £600k after add-ons. Stefanovich signed for an undisclosed fee.

Money spent doesn''t always mean success: remember Andy Hughes? We gave him the biggest pay day of his life and he tried and tried but meanwhile Reading used the money to bring in two players who went on to become Premiership class. I believe one was Leroy Lita but the other escapes me.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Money spent doesn''t always mean success: remember Andy Hughes? We gave him the biggest pay day of his life and he tried and tried but meanwhile Reading used the money to bring in two players who went on to become Premiership class. I believe one was Leroy Lita but the other escapes me.[/quote]hunt, little and doyle probably covered the hughes fee and then helped to propel into the next tier...lita cost a cool mill...has roedy signed the equivalents to these, guess we''ll find out soon!!!

I would imagine that all of the 5 loanees cost around 150k each for there services, still should have some in the kitty, there has to be doesn''t there?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I would imagine that all of the 5 loanees cost around 150k each for there services, still should have some in the kitty, there has to be doesn''t there?[/quote]grant reckoned he was being quoted a £400k fee for a season long loan last pre-season!!!i guess this would be for experienced players - maybe £200k for younger players would be reasonable???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]board members - too much...

fence sitters - enough for us to finish in a respectable mid-table posi which is reasonable given we are in the first year of a 3 years plan!!!

ambitious fans - not enough???

[/quote]

What makes you think board members and fence sitters are not ambitious fans Lucky?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I would imagine that all of the 5 loanees cost around 150k each for there services, still should have some in the kitty, there has to be doesn''t there?[/quote]

Can we just forget about the loan players wages,price,etcetc, have we all forgot we got rid of 8 or 9 players before they came?....God give me.......I make it 1 million spent,end off. Talk about splitting hairs! Next thing you know we''ll be heading the way way of Gretna![:''(][;)]

Plenty left from Delia''s investment rumours, that is why we spent so much, perhaps overstretching ourselves.