Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

lovely new board

bloody hell, i stumble back home for lunch and find the world (well this board is my world  lol) has been turned upside down, we have smiley people 

i can play for hours with these, but where are the ones with the green and yellow scarves? 

thanks pete, vince and celia and the backroom staff for getting us this far, how far away are photos and a private msg facility?

yeah, sorry pete, i soon found that out, maybe someone can take a piccie of me for the board

i have seen the ones of you and meeky and co at crewe, please use one!!!  the world has to see that such nutters exist   lol

Folks,

I think the new board looks great.

For members who were on the old message board how do you go and change things on your profile?

I can click on my logged in name and it brings up the profile but I can''t change anything.

Found it Peter, thanks.

A note to anyone else trying to upload animated GIFs. Make sure you clear the "resize image to 80 x 80" checkbox otherwise you get some weird effects.

I know as my initial attempt to include old "Morph" didn''t quite work.

I have only just got used to the old message board, and then you go and do this! It''s an absolute disgrace! and therefore I am going to write to my local football referee......( actually I''m quite impoverished? or is it depressed? no sorry, impressed!) well done all responsible, you all deserve a pay-rise.............And if you get one, can you lend us a few quid?  ;~)

[quote]The board is being a bit temperamental. Hopefully teething probs. Didn''t have a proper point, just wanted to see my picture in lights. OTBC[/quote]

A few minor teething problems during the migration, but all should now be ok.

If not, I''m sure you''ll let us know......

This is my third try to get on here, but I am a bit of a luddite so we shall see. Looks good though.

[quote]There''s still some tweaking needed in terms of text, colours and buttons - this should be forthcoming in the next week - we''re still finding our way around[/quote]

I like the "quote" function.  Have seen it on other boards and think its a really handy function when you want to pick specific bits out of other posts

Great work on the new board people - an improvement.BUT! I can''t seem to access the Control Panel. I have tried clicking and waiting but nothing happens. Is there another way of altering your profile?Thanks in advance.

[quote]wow,new board looks great. let''s hope our team can now improve as much as this site has.[/quote]

Look, I hate change, if it ain''t broke don''t fix it'', being my motto!. How do you know who has written a post?, I can''t suss it out at all!. Oh for the old days wwhen you knew instatly who had replied, or in my case insulted me!. Please help.

Nice one you clever Archant people. Hope my piccie works. For those of you that would like to know, Pete is second from the right!

I was about to ask how all you geniuses out there had managed to suss out the smilies when up pops a couple of columns of the little beggars!!!  However, if there''s anyone out there with the technical know-how to explain (in idiot speak) exactly how to do all the other things that others have done then please go ahead.  There must be other technophobes apart from myself who would love a simple explanation.  Thanks in anticipation.  (The new board looks great, and will be so when I''ve learnt how to use all of its features!)

Is there a list of the smilies / emoticon thingys? I dont see any when I post, im only guessing In my profile I have chosen the top level so I should see everything yes? Pardon my apparent ignorance.