Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

I beg of you please let little ol' Norwich have one of your strikers, please, please.......

What a terrible state to be in, less than two weeks to the start of the new season and we have:

one old striker, Cureton

one striker who cant play yet due to the paperwork being held up

and two kids, Renton and Martin.

We just have to prey that we sign two big strikers soon (i.e.before the first league match) and we dont have a problem recruiting strikers like we did when we sold Sutton ........remember?  

and how is the moon? evidently thats where you''ve been. alot like hoolahan the loanee striker is being held up for whatever reason, and he''s working on a new striker.its not like roeders not been proactive about the striker thing. he sorted midfield, he sorted defence(til doc injured himself) and now he''s working on up front. I don''t imagine its easy trying to get a new squad together

Yes, I would be patient if nothing had been said about :

- strikers being our number one priority

- players to be signed before pre season training

- a striker in 48hrs

..........I''m going to Coventry and I don''t want to see us play 4-5-1 due to a lack of strikers,  thank you!

B. T. W., O. T. B. C.! 

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

lol but getting wound up won''t make strikers sign any quicker, these legal things can take weeks, it''s not like it used to be years ago, where you simply shook hands and signed a piece of paper.

We all want to see some big striker/s come to NCFC, and believe me if in 14 days GR still hasn''t signed a big striker then I will hit the panic button.

And you shouting doesn''t get your point accross any clearer than normal size type. [;)]

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

- a striker in 48hrs

..........I''m going to Coventry and I don''t want to see us play 4-5-1 due to a lack of strikers,  thank you!

[/quote]4-5-1 gat played due to tactics alsoIt probably was the main priority to sign a striker or two.... but they are the hardest signings to make. Being a keyboard manager is easy, try working the hours Doncaster has since he got back in June16 hours a day, 7 days and 2000 miles a week - try it.

Thank you Neil for all you are doing. Here, have £100k plus wages for your efforts.

No No go on take it - the money has already been catered for!

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

- a striker in 48hrs

[/quote]

4-5-1 gat played due to tactics also

It probably was the main priority to sign a striker or two.... but they are the hardest signings to make. Being a keyboard manager is easy, try working the hours Doncaster has since he got back in June

16 hours a day, 7 days and 2000 miles a week - try it.
[/quote]

I know ND works long hours but just think about what you''ve said will you?

Are you seriously saying the guy works from say 8.00am to midnight EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK! By my maths that''s 112 hours a week (with no day off at all). Wow! Junior doctors eat your heart out. Thing is that sort of working pattern is far from ''impressive'', it''s downright dangerous for his health and plain stupid. Just as well I''m not a passenger in his motor, me thinks!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

lol but getting wound up won''t make strikers sign any quicker, these legal things can take weeks, it''s not like it used to be years ago, where you simply shook hands and signed a piece of paper.

We all want to see some big striker/s come to NCFC, and believe me if in 14 days GR still hasn''t signed a big striker then I will hit the panic button.

[/quote]

We''ve had May, June and July to deal with our number one priority, not the week before the season starts!

Thing is I think teams are often a little un-easy about loaning squad players until they''ve got there transfers sorted. Which is why the loans we''ve got have been ones that where up for definate loan.

August is often a busier transfer period as teams start tying up their wanted players, and so are more keen to get rid of the fringe players.

Prime case Ameobi, Newcastle not being able to sign anyone, and have Owen and Viduka out, so he''s going nowhere until that is remedied.

I have a feeling 1 or 2 more permanent signings are still to come.

- a striker in 48hrs

[/quote]

It probably was the main priority to sign a striker or two.... but they are the hardest signings to make. Being a keyboard manager is easy, try working the hours Doncaster has since he got back in June

[/quote]

a tragedy really, working all those hours and still being completely and utterly useless. Disproves the argument that "practice makes perfect" anyway. The next time he''s 2000 miles away I vote he stays there.

- a striker in 48hrs

[/quote]4-5-1 gat played due to tactics alsoIt probably was the main priority to sign a striker or two.... but they are the hardest signings to make. Being a keyboard manager is easy, try working the hours Doncaster has since he got back in June16 hours a day, 7 days and 2000 miles a week - try it.[/quote]2000 miles a week?  Clearly this is where ND is and has been going wrong for many years.  What the hell is he doing driving an average of 280 odd miles a day?  Where is he going because generally players and their agents tend to come here not the other way round.  Clearly he is wasting several hours of his 12 hour working day on going for pointless drives, unless the Canary Car Taxi firm is really owned by NCFC and he is just doing a shift for them.  Or is he moonlighting and working for Miss Daisy?Clearly someone should remind Neil of the wonders of modern technology like the telephone, fax and emails.  He doesn''t need to drive all over the place.

- a striker in 48hrs

[/quote]

[/quote]for the money he gets....no problem :-)

- a striker in 48hrs

[/quote]

[/quote]

don''t they sub your fuel then Neil ?

jas :)

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

for the money he gets....no problem :-)[/quote]

And how much might that be ....... I think you might get a shock
[/quote]

Walphy! Going to answer my questions on the other thread?