Sign in to follow this  
SAFU2007

Norwich line-up v Colchester

It will be interesting to see who plays at left back with 3 centre backs and Omozusi in the team. After Mondays performance I think its safe to say it won''t be pattison. I expect him and Hoolihan will be on the wings.

[quote user="the futures roedy"]It will be interesting to see who plays at left back with 3 centre backs and Omozusi in the team. After Mondays performance I think its safe to say it won''t be pattison. I expect him and Hoolihan will be on the wings.[/quote]shax at left back???

Shackell I would think with Pattison drifting from centre to right midfield trying to link with Fotheringham ( get him running a lot ! )

Hoolahan & Clingan out wide with Lupoli playing in behind Cureton would be my guess.

Interesting to see young Wordsworth starting for us - he''s only 19 but he''s played really well in the friendlies and scored several good goals as well.  Got his first contract at the end of last season.

I think Stefanovic is playing left back (like he did at stages for Pompey and Fulham)

But i dont like Roeders system of playing one winger.

Clingan will play more narrower than Hoolahan.

The game against Spurs we had one winger and 4 out of 5 goals came down the side without the winger.

When we dont have players out on the wing we get targetted down that side.

However i am very confident about tonight and the season ahead.

C''mon Lads give us a win tonight !

Marshall

Omosuzi          Kennedy       Shakell       Stefanovic   

Clingan               Fotheringham         Pattison

Hoolahan 

Lupoli

Cureton

Thats my guess

I don''t know much about Clingan - as to whether he can play at right mid. Pattison played there a couple of times last season if I remember rightly. I''m a little suprised Russell hasnt started on right mid as I''ve seen him be effective there - he doesn''t seem to have been overly involved in pre season?

I reckon it''s be 4-3-3,Hoolahoop, Cureton and Lupoli up front.Hoolahoop dropping back into 4-4-2 when defending, but pushing up front in a free-ish kinda role to make 4-3-3 when we attack.makes sense to me.

would have thought this will be our starting line up for competitive games. Obviously with bertrand replacing shackell. Bell when fit replacing pattison and a target man replacing cureton. If you swap the three i have said and the target man is decent, looks a strong team

yea it does. I would prefer omuzusi to otsemobor, because although otsemobor is good going forward, defensivly i think hes suspect, and from what i''ve ehard and seen omuzusi looks decent. what you guys think?

I''d like to see them both playing well, which I think the might this year, will be good to see some competition instead of the complacency we''ve seen in the last few seasons

Where''s Cal? Come out, come out wherever you are [6]

Could you please explain why your team has the audacity to take the lead please?

Am really not bothered about the score today - friendlies are just that and mean absolutely nothing when the business starts next week - but I would like to see/hear about some decent attacking football having been played.  It is all well and good playing with just one winger/whatever away from home, but at FCR we should be looking for far more.

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

Where''s Cal? Come out, come out wherever you are [6]

Could you please explain why your team has the audacity to take the lead please?

[/quote]

According to our board Marshall made a magnificent attempt to keep it out (it was a delicate chip after a giveaway ball) and was unlucky not to keep it out. 

It looks as if it has been a good game so far.  I''m not concerned with the result - I am concerned that our defence holds up to you and so far we are doing that and getting forward. 

I think you have the same commentary we have, Cam - is not exactly very much up to date and hardly riveting: for the first 8 minutes of the second half we have had a mishit shot from Russell + the announcement of a 7464 attendance.  Exciting stuff!!!

The commentary is pretty cr@p, I guess as the game is pretty cr@p also. I agree with you Branston, the score is irrelevant today but if we can''t create a hatfull of chances then that seriously worries me.

1-1, RussellWorringly, the Col U text commentary gives the impression Kennedy is having a bit of a mare.