Sign in to follow this  
trev

what would it take to cancel your season ticket

I couldn''t help but notice in another thread someone asking what it would take. Interesting question. For me it would be takeover by an investor with absolutely no interest, connection or emotional buy-in to the club. Or to an amalgamation with ipswich and the new club being called ipswich. Seems I have an altogether higher threshold than some.

yeah me too - if a mystery investor with a fake naaaarrfolk accent and norwich P.O. box address waltzed in with a suitcase stuffed with £20m in used fivers, i''d be off sooner than you could say eric gates!!! (and thats pretty damn quick)...

It would take something pretty horrendous like a seriously over the top price hike!

I''ve always gone and would never stop going to home games just cause so and so were running the club or the team manager. Norwich City football club is bigger than any one person!

But the board must realise that just cause theres many like myself who will always go it doesn''t mean we are satisfied with the reluctance of the board to have a good go and make a serious push for promotion!

[quote user="trev"]I couldn''t help but notice in another thread someone asking what it would take. Interesting question. For me it would be takeover by an investor with absolutely no interest, connection or emotional buy-in to the club. Or to an amalgamation with ipswich and the new club being called ipswich. Seems I have an altogether higher threshold than some.[/quote]

City till I die, through thick and thin, no matter what. The only conceivable thing that could make me give up my season ticket is a MK Dons type scenario, where we were taken over and moved somewhere else as a franchise. Hopefully that will never happen.

Other than that they will prise my season ticket from my cold dead hands.., and I will come back and haunt my seat in the Barclay Lower!

if i emigrated i''d have to give up my season ticket and erm.........no thats it, cant think of another reason.but like scott says the fans should''nt be taken for granted.i cant wait for the season to start. i''m always optomistic in august! hope i still feel the same way in november

I brought this up on another thread where it had been stated that the board would probably sell a player after the season starts to stop people sending back their season tickets or some such rubbish. I asked what sale would make fans give up their tickets?

I remember being broken hearted when we sold Hughie Curran [:''(] and then many many times later when we sold other players. But never could I have considered turning my back on our great club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I brought this up on another thread where it had been stated that the board would probably sell a player after the season starts to stop people sending back their season tickets or some such rubbish. I asked what sale would make fans give up their tickets?

I remember being broken hearted when we sold Hughie Curran [:''(] and then many many times later when we sold other players. But never could I have considered turning my back on our great club.

[/quote]i''d say the credit crunch and impending recession is the most likely reason for people to ditch their tickets already, and esp next season - wonder how many bad debts are piling up???  bad debts are a piling up at the banks, and NCFC must be experiencing the same, or at least be providing for it...i''d imagine the  ditching of hucks in such an unbecoming way could have upset a few applecarts??? enough for punters to demand a refund, nah...its likely to be money difficulties thats the main reason why some people would decide not to renew their tickets for next season...

You could be right Lucky, we never used to have this many committed fans so it could happen eventually. But if it does and there are no more season ticket holders on the waiting list I think the club should cap the sales at the new number and sell more tickets on a casual basis.

I have thought of moving to Australia or New Zealand, could not face going. Maybe family and kids etc, actually they can sod off.

fair comment nutty - but i was surprised by how many seats were available for casuals last season, especially when the smaller clubs came down...not every game was a sell-out/,.but near as damn it, which was great for the club considering our league posi - something roedy commented on.,/

I did cancel mine, two years ago.

The reason was that I am a follower of football first and foremost.  I believe (rightly or wrongly) that the people in charge of Norwich City do not have football at the top of their priority list.  I''m not sure they even know what that means.  As long as they continue to get 20,000 bums on seats at the start of every season there is nothing to stop them continuing down the same desperate road to nowhere.  I realise of course that unless enough people follow suit nothing will change but there''s nothing I can do about that.

My affiliation is to Norwich City, always has been and always will be.  I could never feel the same about any other club.  But I am totally uninterested in Norwich City the celebrity vehicle and I don''t see a season ticket as a badge of loyalty.  It''s a cheap offer and there''s nothing wrong with that at all, but if fans really want to demonstrate their loyalty a better way would be to fork out full price instead of "buy three get one free".

nothing.. i simply cannot do without it.. it is my drug.. what else is thre to do on a saturday? get jostled by the shoppers in the mall? go roudn the garden center? tidy the garden? no thank you....

Its the only 2 or 3 hours i get allowed out every week.. got to keep doing it!

jas :)

[quote user="trev"]I couldn''t help but notice in another thread someone asking what it would take. Interesting question. For me it would be takeover by an investor with absolutely no interest, connection or emotional buy-in to the club. [/quote]I certainly wouldn''t cancel for that reason, I''d stick around to see how it went.If (if!) City signed Lee Bowyer or Joey Barton, I''d have a think about it.

[quote user="bunny"]If I found out that I was sitting between Wiz and BBB....[/quote]Luckily, they don''t actually go to the games.Happy ending!

I have to agree with you Mister Chops, it would probably be something similar for me. There are certain players I just couldn''t bear to be associated with our club. You have named two of the more obvious ones. I have only once given up my season ticket and that was during the Chase Out season.

I have thought about it since, on more than one occasion (usually based on something going on at board level rather than the inability of the team to win matches), but like Jas have decided that not going would really be scoring an own goal as I do enjoy the whole day.

Meeting up with friends, banter with the away fans, the excitement of never really knowing what is going to happen. The delight in scoring goals, the camaraderie between fellow supporters. All of that is not easy to replicate in other leisure pastimes, as enjoyable as some of them are.

A lot of it is habit. Once you have been going for years it''s very difficult to give it up. Plus I have a very big incentive on the horizon, the prospect of taking my soon to be grand daughter to games and seeing it all through the eyes of a child again.

Nothing apart from a serious price hike. Even then I would sell anything not nailed down!. Agree with Gazza about the generational thing. Took my son to most of the 86/87 games , and last October introduced my 2 1/2 year grandson to the joys. His mouth dropped open as we climbed the stairs into the stand, and I''m reliably informed that he talked about nothing elsefor weeks after. He lives in the north-east with man u supporting parents ( not the aforesaid son who is a super member in London), but Norwich City is his first club; ever heard ''kick it off'' in Geordie?

Yes I agree that it is a generation thing and when your grandson ( who lives in Suffolk) announces that it was his "best day ever" when you took him to watch from the Barclay you just know that, for once, you got something right. That season ticket (well three in the family) is the great bond that keeps me, three sons and five grandsons together together with the females.

Baseball bat , 12 bore shot gun , Chinese water torture , electrodes to the gonads , maybe but only maybe ,[:D] ....arrdee.

[quote user="trev"]I couldn''t help but notice in another thread someone asking what it would take. Interesting question. For me it would be takeover by an investor with absolutely no interest, connection or emotional buy-in to the club. Or to an amalgamation with ipswich and the new club being called ipswich. Seems I have an altogether higher threshold than some.[/quote]You''ve met Cullum then?Cancelled mine . Got fed up driving 300+ miles to watch Worthingtons football - (including promotion season). Grant was worse in spite of my early optimism and 60 minutes against Spurs was completely depressing though they do look likely to be top six this year (good job they werent fit and weren''t trying eh?)