Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Colchester Ratings

Regualrs on this board will know that i have tried to stay positive over recent times, kept positve and after the Spurs game was not at all worried about the forthcoming season, in fact i was positive we''d do well. After, my cricket was cancelled i made the irrational move of a last ditch journey to Carrow Road, and at 7 O Clock i left, in a negative mood something i wouldnt have believed possible 2 hours previously!

I still believe we wont be battling for survivial, but i dont see a realistic challenge, my mid table hope are based on us signing a goalscoring, 6 ft striker, that means no Peter Thorne or Chris Browns Mark Twos! Today Cureton and Lupoli looked helpless, fish out of water and although the latter showed some spark unless we do get the big man in, i dont see a positive result at the Ricoh. The defence needs sorting, hopefully Drury or berty will be fit, becasue trust me we need ShaCkall at Centre Back. We need some consistency in the defence, bceause todays completely new look / out of position back four looked remeniscent of the chuckle brothers, the centre backs in particular. I''d feel far more confident with  aback four, ofomozusi, kennedy, shackall, bertrand.

Now for the marks,

Marshall   6      Didnt have much to do, but perhaps should have been betetr positioned and done better with the opening goal.

omozusi   7      Solid enough.

Shackall   6      Decent first half, but 2nd half he showed he isnt a full back, consdtantly giving it away.

Kennedy   6      A Generous 6, the better of the chuckle brothers in the heart of our defence. Short of match practice and it showed.

Dejan   5         A very generous 5, clumsy, mistake lead to goal, and apparntly goal(s) as i''d turned around! Looks worse than Doherty. He''s as clumsy as well!

Patterson   5   Awful. Out of position, but im struggling to find a quality he has. He''s slow, cant pass and offers no attacking threat. Heaven help us.

Hoolahan   6   Tried to make things happen, but didnt get enough of the ball. Little end product and was lucky to get man of the match. Im sure he''ll do well for us, but his lack of a right foot means he has a striking resemblance to a one legged duck when on the ball!

Fotheringham   6   Quiet. Gave it away a bit too much, but strong enough in the challenge.

Clingan      6      Just about 6, poor 1st half where he looked lightweight, but got into the game as it went on and did ok, nice link up play.

Lupoli   6      Showed some skill, and i think will do well but neads alot more of the ball!

Cureton   6   Did he touch it? Big man needed! Please Apply to Carrow Road, Norwich!

Subs of note:

Croft   7   Im not a great fan of him, but he offered much needed pace and width and set up rusty''s 2nd.

Russel   7.5   Scored a peach, and was in the right place for another but apart from that wasnt really in the game, but out opf position and did what was needed.

Differ with you slightly.

Marshall - 6

Shackell - 7

Dejan - 7

Kennedy - 4

Omozusi - 7

Pattison - 6

Hoolahan - 8

Fozzy - 6

Clingan - 7

Lupoli - 6

Curo - 6

Subs -

Croft - 7

Russell - 8

Others weren''t really on long enough to judge. Desperate need of a big man up front and organization at the back.

just get rid of patterson he was shite today ! as usual........... i thort clingan did pretty well running / passing etc..... cureton ummmmmm didnt do anthing....kennedy  did pretty gud / omozusi didnt seem to do anything..... russel looked gud.. but upfront??!! hmmm.... and croft was better on wing than patterson! and stefanovic showed sum gud experiece too with sum gud touches,,,, and ANYONE is better than donkey doherty !! LOL then the final joke of it all they go and bring MARTIN ON !!! lol everyone was like noooooooooooooooooooooo haha

please buy a GOOD tall striker.....................

oh yeh and if ur reading this any norwich players when ur near the box SHOOT !!! have a bloody go instead getting all that way then passing out wide which either breaks down or messes up ....

I agree with your first few, i thought Dejan should be equal with Kennedy, and fozzy and clingan should be on 7, (fozzy only gave the ball away twice, i counted so i could laugh at you all when you said he gave it away loads) Lupoli did well, Cureton did not know what to do, poor man, Croft was quite good, as was rusty, we should have won, the result was down to two defensive errors basically, but first half Lupoli could not quite find his way to the goal, out of the box he was wonderful.

when ur near the box SHOOT !!! have a bloody go - dazza

That is why we should have gotten Ched Evans back.  Any time he is in the game, our shots total went WAY up. Any time he was not in the game, we barely took any shots at all. You can''t score if you don''t take shots.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

when ur near the box SHOOT !!! have a bloody go - dazza

That is why we should have gotten Ched Evans back.  Any time he is in the game, our shots total went WAY up. Any time he was not in the game, we barely took any shots at all. You can''t score if you don''t take shots.

[/quote]

thankyou sumone else who thinks the same !  i mean we get all the way up there then oh goes side ways or back i mean i know u dont do what the crowd says but god the amount of times u should shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot !!!!! at worst might at least get a bloody corner.....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Is "Sports Anxiety" catching?, maybe they have all got it......[:D][/quote]

Ass [;)]

From another post.....

Marshall- Looked steady. Not a great deal to do. Talked more which is a positive.

Shackell-Looked ok.Im not his biggest fan.He didnt let us down and can certainly be an option if needs be at LB.

Omozusi-Steady.Nice touches.Not marauding forward like Semmy but no mistakes.

Kennedy-Looked Rusty.Few misplaced headers and passes but will get better. Coped with Platt well.

Stefanovic-I like the guy. Looks to play his way out of the back. Positionally is good and like Kennedy coped with platt''s aerial threat.Will be an asset.

Pattison-Cant complain about him. Looked steady but low on confidence, which didnt help with the few boo''s he received when his name was called out. Some nice touches. The scapegoat hunters cannot comlain today, as in an unaccustomed RM role he did well.

Clingan-Looks a capture and a half! Tidy, likes a tackle and is always on for a pass.Quite similar to Fozzy really!

Fozzy-No thrills.Kept possession, always talking.Looked frustrated at the "lack of bite" around and waded in with some strong challenges.

Hoolahan-Will be a gem but will be as equally as frustrating. Would like to see him be the heartbeat of our team and used more.

Cureton-Worked hard but really does need a hold up man with him. Didnt have a chance i dont think.

Lupoli-Some nice touches.Like Curo, not involved a great deal as the service to the front 2 was poor.

Russell-Bless him did well. 2 well taken goals, ran,tackled and put himself about! Thing is tho...i cant see him getting in front of Clingan and Fozzy.

Croft-Now had to think who were the other half time changes.....that says it all. Nothing stand out.

Semmy/Martin/Chadders-Not enough time to assess.

Sorry if i have forgot anyone but it was a wee bit boring and the annoying 4 yr old behind didnt help!

I want to see the colchester goals again. I didnt get a great view of either, id turned around not expecting anthing to happen. I was informed that the furst was a stefnavoic error, not kennedy as waghorn is reporting. can anyone confirm. Still my marks arent affected particularly. Kennedy in general looked slightly more assured, Dejan the new DohertY!

Wasnt at the game today had to go into bloody work...By the sounds of things Patterson was **** again, if im honest the best game ive seen him play was a game late last season (cant remember the opponent) but he played Right Midfeild.  He had a decent game then but for a left footer its disappointing that he cant play the position.  We payed a fair amount for him too so for him to let us down isnt on.  We should use him in a swap deal as i cant see him wanting to leave or anyone wanting to buy him.Good to see Russell getting a couple goals, his confidence dropped a lot after his consecutive red cards but hopefully hell be back to his best for the begining of next season.  Also i feel he burnt himself out last season after weeks and weeks of putting in 500%.Kennedy i can understand him not playing too well with his injury and all but Stefanovic im suprised with ive always rated him when i got a chance to see him and i hope his problems are just down to him not have jelling well yet.Overall, dissapointing that we didnt win and some of the players wernt playing on top of their game (which is understandable considering its pre-season) but hopefully soon well get it right, but on the words of you guys it seems all these hope that people have of promotion are going down the drain. Mid table will be good after 3 years of crap.Two questions:1) On the new right backs performances is he better than Otsemabor as there hasnt been much mention of him.2) Will, Clingham be able to hold down a regular first team place?

[quote user="Geronimo"]

Two questions:
1) On the new right backs performances is he better than Otsemabor as there hasnt been much mention of him.
2) Will, Clingham be able to hold down a regular first team place?
[/quote]

1 - no, that''s not to say I don''t rate OE but I don''t think he was an improvement on JO. Thought he did well at centreback against Spurs.

2 - Yes. Who will play alongside him is the question...

[quote user="GJP"]

1 - no, that''s not to say I don''t rate OE

[/quote]

*EO, not OE!

[quote user="Geronimo"]
Two questions:
1) On the new right backs performances is he better than Otsemabor as there hasnt been much mention of him.
2) Will, Clingham be able to hold down a regular first team place?
[/quote]

1) He was quiet, but im sure he''ll do ok. I think he will be a better all roundplayer than semmy.

2) Im not convinced after today that clingan can play in the centre with fozzy, they seem two very similar players. So i''d say him or fozzy with russel.

Marshall - 6 - Did ok considering he had a very quiet game, seemed very vocal and tried to keep his defense in order, one or two positioning problems it seemed

Omoz - 7 - looks like a real talent for the coming season

Shackell - 7 - Considering he had to play as a left back and a left winger, he did both rather well, put in crosses when he could regardless of his crossing quality

Kennedy - 4 - Made some terrible errors, really needs match practice, it shows he hasn''t played regularly for some time

Stefan - 6 - Did ok, one or two errors but all round wasn''t great wasn''t awful

Pattison - 3 - Out of position, out of touch, really can''t find anything in his play that will help us in the slightest. Never went past halfway with the ball, struggled to find accurate passes.

Hoolahan - 8 - Man of the match and deserved, showed some brilliant turns of skill and a little bit of pace, his passing was a little but off but he looks a real talent and looks raring to go!

Fotheringham - 7 - Solid in his challenges, worked well with Clingan

Clingan - 6 - Surprised me somewhat, thought he would be too light weight and just all-round not good enough, stepped up his game 2nd half

Lupoli - 6 - Based on 45 minutes he was given, looks very promising, showed some good skill on the ball

Cureton - 4 - Never really touched the ball, his shot first few minutes looked nice and positive, after that, flat as anything

Subs---

Croft - 7 - Still lacks his crossing ability, not as accurate as required but without fail he attacks attacks and attacks and looked so determined to set up a team-mate

Russell - 8 - Brilliant curling shot on goal, equally good poachers goal for his second, played very well out of position and would love to see him get forward a lot more this season!

Huddy - Kennedy was pretty terrible to be honest, both made their fair share of errors but some of Kennedy''s control on the edge of his own box was laughable!

Clingan for the defensive side, Goals McRussel for the more attacking side of our central midfield. No offence to our captain but he did just about nothing tonight aside from a couple of tidy turns.
Play Clingan and Russel on merit against Coventry, says I. Bring on Fotheringham for something different nearer the end if needs be...

Did we look attack minded then? Couldn''t make it today, was Marsh a bit more of an organiser?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Did we look attack minded then? Couldn''t make it today, was Marsh a bit more of an organiser?[/quote]

Yeah you could hear Marshall all game, he was constantly shrieking at the back four. Then agian the atmosphere was flat and he didnt have much to shout over!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Did we look attack minded then? Couldn''t make it today, was Marsh a bit more of an organiser?[/quote]

I would say we were relatively attacking, for us at least. For example, we played more than one striker.