Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Post your Forum problems here

[quote]URL is if the picture is hosted on another website, rather than than uploaded to our servers. I think it''s probably best to upload pictures to us, in case other website is down. You only need to fil...[/quote]

Dear Vince and Peter. Many, many thanks for both trying to help me get a Image on the Avatar. It is I assure you, most appreciated. Still no luck though, I tried your suggestions, all to no avail I''m afraid, all I ended up with was a little box with a red cross in it ( better than nothing I suppose!) However when I came to save the image I wanted from a web site, although it said jpeg, I could only save it as a Bitmap. yes, I even tried sending URL to Avatar as http://www.pinkun.com/pictures/MyPicture.Bitmap as well as trying .jpeg on the end

I now think I''ll merrily go back to throwing rocks at the moon!. and enjoy the rest of the superb new board. Its a damn shame though.

Hi, this is a very minor problem but I don''t seem to get automatically logged in when I visit the site.  I''m ticking the checkbox every time I re-log in and not deleting the cookies, but each time I return I am nevertheless described as a guest and have to log in manually.  Am I deliberately being frozen out of the message board?! 

Generation

[quote]Hi, this is a very minor problem but I don''t seem to get automatically logged in when I visit the site. I''m ticking the checkbox every time I re-log in and not deleting the cookies, but each time I r...[/quote]

I find that after 10-20 mins it suggests that I''m logged out (it tells me that I''m logged in as a Guest) - but if I click Login, it remembers that I''m am logged in (and I don''t have to visit the password screen).

Are you certain it''s setting the cookie? Check that you have cookies enables in your browser. Else it may be something like Norton or Spybot blocking them.

wow, this is my first dabble since "the revolution".  Just wanted to see if my avatar works...

Love it guys, great job (shame about the smiley overload that is bound to happen now)

...so, it works, but how can I get a nice pinkun-pink background to it - like morph and cityangel?  Their avatars look so nice and ''blended in'', not like mine in its little white box...

What is the R-G-B colour scheme for the website''s pale pink?  I could put that as the background colour on my avatar - that would work...

I think both cityangel and morph have used transparent gifs rather than selecting the messageboard pink as a background, although I could be wrong. It might be worth sending either of them a private message...

Vince, thank you for the advice.  I think it''s OK just to click Log In as you suggested, though it must have been dodgy yesterday for some reason (and no, there was nothing wrong with the cookie settings). 

On another very minor issue, is it no longer possible to view threads in non-''flat view'', i.e. so you can see who''s replying to whom?  I hardly ever used to use it (& probably ended up ''replying'' to the wrong person as a result) but now the option appears to have gone, suddenly and ironically I''m finding it would be very useful to know what replies refer to which posts!  This very thread is a good example of where it would have been handy, so I could see your post underneath as I write, instead of Peter''s which is not entirely relevant.  Am I just being visually impaired or is the facility no longer available?

[quote]Vince, thank you for the advice. I think it''s OK just to click Log In as you suggested, though it must have been dodgy yesterday for some reason (and no, there was nothing wrong with the cookie setti...[/quote]

See:

http://new.edp24.co.uk/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=41&messageid=52135

Three ways to keep some logical flow if referring to a specific message (rather than just joining in with the general flow of a post):

* Use the Quote button (on in the top-right of each posting ) - this is a quick quote function to include the first few paragraphs of a message. But this doesn''t do selective quoting (i.e. if you want something further down the message).

* Use copy and paste to quote specific bits of text. Use the formatting buttons to distinguish them from your reply.

* Respond to each other by name

[quote]See: http://new.edp24.co.uk/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=41&messageid=52135 Three ways to keep some logical flow if referring to a specific message (rather than just joining in with the gene...[/quote]

Nice one, thanks.

You''re linking to a webpage rather than a picture. I suggest you go to the Send a Postcard bit in the top-right of that site, choose a picture, right-click on it, select properties and then copy and paste the url into your profile. Like this...