Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Post your Forum problems here

OK, Number One. How do I give myself an avator. I don''t see any options or control panels anywhere.

Number Two. How do I change my user name?

Number Three. Pleeeeeeeeeeease can our posts be instant and then have moderators regularly check the boards for innapropriate posts.

Number Four. Just trying something.  Did it work?

1. The control panel (and in it the option to have an avatar) can be found here: 2. In the control panel.3. No - we can''t publish anything without editing it first for legal reasons.4. Yes it did!

I can''t see the names on the left box above where the pictures, status, number of posts etc appears. So I have no idea who is writing the messages (which may be a benefit!!).

I have Windows 98 and IE5 so maybe my machine is getting too old...............

PS The efforts you have made in getting this Board so classy is definitely appreciated- well done and thanks to all concerned.

mwncfc_BedfordCanary:

1 - Near the top, in the bar where it says "Logged in as:", there it says Control Panel. Click this and go to Avatar. We will be putting a gallery of our own pictures up as soon as we get time - hopefully by the end of next week. Otherwise, keep ''em clean!

2 - Control Panel again; click Contact and you can update your user name here.

3 - Moderated approved messages only. All those smaller sites can get away with it, but we''re part of a big group which makes money. And lawyers eyes go like $$ when there''s money. We''d rather not take the risk.

4 - That worked lovely.

Not really a problem more a general wondering:

What are the 6 coloured boxes under the posters status (eg senior member, forum member etc)  Are they just for show?

Don''t think have said yet but massive congrats to Pete, Vince, Celia, Tim and all the other web team.  The board looks fab

Any chance of doing away with the logo''s seen in some peoples messages. Admittedly, some are impressive, however they take up a fair bit of unessessary space on the board. Its not the little image seen in the personal profile btw.

Don''t know about anyone else but the AJ is number 1 logo really gets on my nerves when I see it (sorry AJ )

[quote]mwncfc_BedfordCanary: 1 - Near the top, in the bar where it says "Logged in as:", there it says Control Panel. Click this and go to Avatar. We will be putting a gallery of our own pictures up as soo...[/quote]

Hmm, despite you showinng clearly where he control panel should be be, it is''nt. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!

its taking a bit more getting used to than the previous one, which was simpler to use. but this has better features. The one thing i would like would to have the posters name at the top of their post

Generally good, though I cant see the emoticons to choose (if they are there) when I post. Mac Powerbook Ti 867 running Safari 10.3.5. (any other Mac users out there?!) Plus, when I go to page 4 on the ''Lovely new board'' post I get Server Error in ''/'' Application.

Cast from type ''DBNull'' to type ''Integer'' is not valid.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Whatver that means. Thanks!

Like someone else above, I can''t see the name of the poster to the left of the message. It simply says "Forum Member" or "Senior Member", or something similar. Am I doing something wrong? I want people to know that it''s me!! Also, how do I add a graphic next to my poster name. IMHO, it would have been useful if you''d advised us that you were going to completely re-vamp the message board, it really has confused a lot of people, especially us older posters.  

[quote]Hmm, despite you showinng clearly where he control panel should be be, it is''nt. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

If anyones using nortons firewall, like me, remove ad blocking if

[quote]Any chance of doing away with the logo''s seen in some peoples messages. Admittedly, some are impressive, however they take up a fair bit of unessessary space on the board. Its not the little image see...[/quote]

thank you robbo

I''m a bit confused but guess I''ll get the hang of it eventually.Am trying to add an avatar but when the picture comes out it is on a black background, whereas the picture on my pc has a white background,why is that? Have tried several different pictures and they all end up with black background on here.

[quote]Like someone else above, I can''t see the name of the poster to the left of the message. It simply says "Forum Member" or "Senior Member", or something similar. Am I doing something wrong? I want peopl...[/quote]

I dont want to moan but after spending 2 hours trying to find my way round this and the various options I have failed miserably. Cant get the picture I want as an avatar to appear,cant get into any page 4 ''s of any posts as it says server application error, cant find the smileys etc etc. So I am feeling very stupid and fed up today.Guess I must have missed the warning that this was all changing yesterday and the instructions on how to use it.Any chance in getting any help for us less technical people or shall I just give up.P.S. and if i could find a smiley to accompany this post it would be a miserable ones with tear drops falling.

i also cant get into any page 4s of any post topics.........

Cityangel, I had a problem with the Avatar graphic that I wanted to upload yesterday. I had the same problem that you are seeing, namely, a graphic with a white background came up as a black background.

What I found was that having the resize to 80x80 tick box ticked causes this to occur. To stop it delete the current Avatar graphic you have and upload the graphic again BUT this time make sure the tick box for graphic resize is NOT ticked.

[quote]How do I switch the "EMAIL-ON" button at the bottom of my post to "EMAIL-OFF" please?[/quote]

I think, although could be wrong Pete, that whenever you are online and logged into the site it will display "E-Mail on"

[quote]Generally good, though I cant see the emoticons to choose (if they are there) when I post. Mac Powerbook Ti 867 running Safari 10.3.5. (any other Mac users out there?!) Plus, when I go to page 4 on th...[/quote]

Cast from type ''DBNull'' to type ''Integer'' is not valid.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

All being well the "is DBNull" error message should now have been fixed..

[quote]Cast from type ''DBNull'' to type ''Integer'' is not valid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information...[/quote]

Thanks, thats fine. (Still cant see emoticon/ font choice, if in fact they exist)