Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

striker

if we want another striker i think vincent pericard is a good striker who would not cost a lot. hes neva been given a chance with portsmouth.(Just an idea) what do you think? who do you think we should buy to play up front bearing in mind our budget?

Yeah but maybe but why did juventus get shot of him in the first place?

what about le tallac on loan from liverpool?

i think le talllec is too lightweight but i may be wrong i havent really seen enough of him to say. i just think pericard is good physically and hasnt been given enough of a chance, juve got rid of him cos he wasnt good enough for them, but juve are slightly better than norwich in terms of quality.

I agree that lLe Tallec is not the type of striker we really need - Les Ferdinand with a couple of years knocked of his age would be perfect - experienced and hard working - not sure who currently fits that bill tho..

Whilst a striker would be good wouldnt we better looking at a right midfielder first? By all accounts Jarvis was appalling playing there last night and unless Helveg is to play there - which I doubt, he is defensive first and foremost - that leaves us with right midfield options of Bentley, Jarvis and Henderson. None are proven or out of their teens and the prospect of them either not lasting the pace of a full season or being as good as we hope in the prem is a distinct possibility (even taking into account Bentleys good showing last night)

Which position is your priority?

OTBC

If we are looking for a target man, may I venture Jon Macken of Man City? He is on the edge of things there and may welcome the chance to prove himself at FCR.

Thoughts?

Glad you think so Temp. I am curious Macken hasn''t been mentioned so far. He would be about right in terms of wages and age and Keegan wont be so keen to keep him as Anelka, Fowler and Paulo Porkchope are ahead of him. He must also be known to Hux from their time at ManC together.

Although they spent £4m on him i think, a 750k bid might get results...

Doing a bit of research, although Macken is at the back of the ManC pecking order he would probably be only let out on loan as they only have 4 strikers in their squad. Would need another striker to come in first I guess. Also he is only 5''10 which doesnt fulfil our criteria for a target man. He is only 27 however but apparently had a double hernia operation in the close season - fitness won''t be 100% for the start of the season.

I dont think he a prospect for us after all.

I''m told that Johannsen is still a serious target, and is expected at FCR for talks
very soon indeed . . .

I heard ages ago from a Crewe contact that we had made a bid for Dean Ashton but nothing seems to have come of it? Anybody else heard anything. I am surprised there has been no bids for Dean as he is a quality striker and would be an asset to any team

OTBC

According to my sources within Crewe, there have been no approaches for Ashton this summer - and even if there were, he would be out of our price range at £2m.........I must stress though, that my sources are only friends of friends of board members, so probably not that reliable!

What a day!!!!

The Primus situation still has not been confirmed officially by both clubs, so at the moment just media manipulated speculation!!

Arry could be playing games, to put the sly old fox off the scent??

Back to the subject in hand, Dean Ashton would be a great addition to the squad, a perfect target man for Worthy, I''m not sure how much Dario "It was like playing against Real Madrid"
Gradi would want for him and what contract he is on at Crewe.

Dario seems to have a torch burning for the Canaries with the comments made from the last game of the season.

I feel the stumbling block would be Rivers, If he was bitter about being released he could try and put Dean off coming to the Costa Del Norfolk.

[quote]I heard ages ago from a Crewe contact that we had made a bid for Dean Ashton but nothing seems to have come of it? Anybody else heard anything. I am surprised there has been no bids for Dean as he i...[/quote]

Is this now coming true? Perhaps we shall soon find out!!
OTBC

jon macken will definitely not sign with us. man city only have three strikers at the moment as wanchope left at the beginning of the season. even if they get in a new striker they''ll still be short.

True Kolin Kob i dont even rate Macken at all i think he is useless to be honest. Has only scored 4 Premmie goals for Man City since his time there and he has been there about 3 or 4 seasons. Most of his goals are in the cups which is pretty useless to us as we do rubbish in cups. Does not score enough for me and is not Premmie quality.