Sign in to follow this  
Giovani Dos Santos

Line-up Versus Coventry

Marshall

Otsemobor   Doherty   Kennedy   Bertrand

Russel   Fozzie   Clingan   

Hoolahan

Lupoli            Cureton

Anyway...                           MarshallOtsemobor Stefanovic Kennedy Bertrand (if fit?)Chadwick      Clingan    Russell  Hoolahan                Lupoli  Mythical new striker?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Anyway...

Marshall

Otsemobor Stefanovic Kennedy Bertrand (if fit?)

Chadwick      Clingan    Russell  Hoolahan

Lupoli  Mythical new striker?
[/quote]

Mythical striker ? Will probably be Hephaestus knowing our luck. Anyway, surely, after yesterday''s display,Russell will now fill the sole striker role up front ?!

[quote user="Giovani Dos Santos"]

Marshall

Hoolahan

[/quote]

I like this formation, gives Hoolahan a lot of space to attack but also gives him a defensive block to cover for him. Of course seeing as the Doc is injured it would be a straight swap with either Shacks or Stefanovic taking his place.

KB

[quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Giovani Dos Santos"]

Marshall

Hoolahan

[/quote]

I like this formation, gives Hoolahan a lot of space to attack but also gives him a defensive block to cover for him. Of course seeing as the Doc is injured it would be a straight swap with either Shacks or Stefanovic taking his place.

KB

[/quote]

Would be a good team, not a lot of width or height, but would createa lot and allow both Hollahoop and Lupoli drifting wide.

On current squad:                                               MarshallOtsemobor Kennedy Stafanovic ShackellCroft    Clingan    Fotheringham    Hollahan                 Cureton    Lupoli
  • Can''t see Bertrand or Drury being fit & thought Shackell was outstanding yesterday at left back
  • Until Bell is fit I would put Croft before Chadwick

Maybe having someone like Chadwick playing in the position Russell is on that 4 3 1 2 formation would work nicely, Chadders plays right wing so would naturally drift out wide if needed, also he loves to come inside a lot so has the ability to play in both positions... then that leaves the problem of leaving out Russell...

Can''t wait to see the first starting 11 :)

[quote user="Lakey"]On current squad:                      

Marshall
Otsemobor Kennedy Stafanovic Shackell
Croft    Clingan    Fotheringham    Hollahan
                 Cureton    Lupoli

• Can''t see Bertrand or Drury being fit & thought Shackell was outstanding yesterday at left back

• Until Bell is fit I would put Croft before Chadwick

[/quote]

Shackell ''outstanding''? You''re not his dad or something are you?  He was average at best.  Certainly not a left-back.

My team for Saturday :

Marshall

Otsemobor   Osozumi   Kennedy   Bertrand

Clingan

Croft       Russell      Hoolahan

Cureton   ''New Big Striker Roeder''s promised''

I don''t think based on pre-season performances that Fotheringham deserves a place in the starting line-up.  And even if he did, not as Captain.  Not commanding enough.  Make Russell captain, at least he is someone with commitment, passion and drive.

Marshall

Ostemobor,Kennedy,Stefanovic,Bertrand

Clinghan

Chadwick,           Russel,           Hoolahan

Koroma                Lupoli

If we sign this ''Big'' striker, id like to see him put alongside Koroma... Hi pace is soemthing we will need to see this season, as the big striker will unlikely have pace, Cureton has none and Lupoli isn''t a pacey man, he''s more of a technically gifted player... Therefore i''d like to see someone tall and strong who can hold ball up well and flick balls on well, then see Koroma running onto balls and making good runs for the creative midfield 3 to pick out... I really do think that system would work both defensively with Clinghan sitting infront of back 4 and giving them protection and working hard, and then 3 very creative players pushing on and giving good service to the front two... Also if/when Coventry have their possession periods... Russel can easily be dropped back alongside Clinghan, cos rusty should be very fit this year after a full pre-season(something he didnt have last year) and ofcourse we know he likes to be strong and put a foot in :) I really do think that side would cause a few problems... However we do need to rememer that the back 4 and Marshall havent all gelled together as a unit and that will take a few games, but lets hope that they can work well together whilst gelling and not make any silly mistakes!! :) Can''t wait for the new season the get started, all those moaners cos of bloomin friendlies.... I seriously do hope Norwich can prove them wrong :)

Yeah same thoughts as me with formation and similar players. Your pick of croft and cureton will more than likely be the two Roeder picks... He seems to like them more than Chadwick and Lupoli atleast at the moment i should think...

Marshall

Otsemobor Kennedy Stefanovic Bertrand
                          Clingan

Fotheringham      Russel

Hoolahan
                  Lupoli
                              Cureton/Goliath

I think Bertrand will be fit, he was missing last night only as a precaution to not provoke the injury further. Roeder has said himself in the article about the Coventry scouts that he will be starting (seems a bit of a silly thing to write in an article about not telling Coventry who we will be playing...).

I would personally rather we start with Goals McRussel and Clingan, but Roeder is unlikely to leave his captain out in the first game so this formation allows for all three. Hoolahan gets the roving role on the left, Lupoli playing deeper and wider than Cureton as he''s more of the wing striker type. For anyone that can''t guess, Golitath is our mythical tall striker [:P]. If needs must, one of the central midfielders can be subbed for a right winger and adjust to 4-4-2...

If Drury and Bertrand were to be fit for Coventry and if we were to sign a good striker I would go for:

Marshy

Semmy Kennedy Stefanovic Drury

Croft Clingan Russell Bertrand

Hoolahan

Shola???

Assuming we don''t bring anyone else in before I would go for...

Marshall

Otsemobor    Kennedy  Stefanovic  Bertrand

Croft      Fotheringham  Clingan Hoolahan

Russell

Cureton  

Subs: Nelson, Lupoli, Koroma, Chadwick, Shackell

marshall

ozzy                 kennedy                 stefanovic                bertrand

semmi               clingan                   russell                     hoolahan

lupoli                  koroma    

Not sure what this obsession is with playing strange formations and playing players out of position.For me:MarshallOmozusi     Kennedy        Stefanovic       BertrandCroft          Clingan          Fozzy              HoolahanLupoli        Big GuySubs: Nelson, Shacks, Semi, Rusky, Curo.