Sign in to follow this  
Tony Harrison

Did we lose all/most of our pre-season friendlies when we won the league?

I can never remember from one season to the next, which to me does rather show how meaningless these games are.  I do seem to recall that we have had some of our best seasons after poor pre-seasons, though.  I''m not sure what this counts as - yes we lost to spurs but we drew with Colchester and won in Sweden.  IMO they are the only games that the first team played.

Yes - ive had enough of all this "lost to Dereham - drew with Kings Lynn" bollocks. If any team should have been dissapointed with the KL result it should have been KL supporters.

[quote user="Tony Harrison"]

My memory is bit dodgy(self-inflicted) - did we lose most of our pre-season games when we stormed the league?

[/quote]We did get stuffed by Spurs as someone else said, we did beat Utrecht (I think?) 2-0 at Carrow Road though and we played really well that day.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Tony Harrison"]

My memory is bit dodgy(self-inflicted) - did we lose most of our pre-season games when we stormed the league?

[/quote]

We did get stuffed by Spurs as someone else said, we did beat Utrecht (I think?) 2-0 at Carrow Road though and we played really well that day.
[/quote]

Utrecht had a young striker playing for them by the name of Dirk Kuyt... wonder what ever happened to him?

jas :)

Historically a rubbish pre-season = a good season so fingers crossed everyone.

I''m pretty sure that we didn''t win a single pre-season friendly for the 92-93 season.

So, even if we''re 2-0 down at half time v. Coventry, just send on our new striker(!), and if we win 4-2 we''re laughing. [:D]