Sign in to follow this  
rossco2121

little chat with doncaster after game

when speaking about speculation regarding steve howard and the did we didnt we put a bid in..he called it " garbage" then said why would we pay that kind of money for someone of his age blah blah blah

then i asked if the shola ameobi deal was dead in the water and commenting that the reported figure of £3m is a lot on money... he strongly hinted on a possible loan deal!.

I also picked up on the defending during the colchester game was not acceptable... and that owosuzi was pretty poor at right back... to which he was supprised that i thought this.... then we talked about the line up for coventry..... they way he was talking it would be bertrand left back and owosuzi right back.... to that i said " nah semi should be there... def better... he then told me he is more of a owusuzi fan. he also hinted koroma could make an appearence!?!?

for all those worrying that we signed david bell injured... he said they pushed him to the limit on his medical.... and that is certainly wasnt a risk... he was proper glad to have him here......

Did you not think to question him about the summer antics regarding a certain Mr Cullum? Sorry but if I had the chance to talk to him in person that would be the first thing I would question him on.

KB

funny you should mention that.... but after those questions MWJ and delia came up and was then talking.... telling neil how he is looking brown after being away on holiday... he then joked saying he right ear is white as he had his mobile constantly going off.

and to be honest aswell the whole peter cullum thing is dead mate... we now need to concentrate on this season and get behind the team... 10 players in or whatever it is.... not bad at all is it

I absolutely agree with you, it is dead and we should look forward to the new campaign, I''m one of the few positive ones on here at the moment! But I thought that seeing as Doncaster is yet to comment on the saga, and him being someone who is supposedly honest and very happy to talk to the fans, it would have been mentioned at least.

Oh well, cheers for the other info.

KB

[quote user="King Beef"]

Did you not think to question him about the summer antics regarding a certain Mr Cullum? Sorry but if I had the chance to talk to him in person that would be the first thing I would question him on.

KB

[/quote]

I stood next to Roger Munby at the Norwich v Gorleston game and asked him this question , he said if anyone wants to give them team £20 m just write the cheque out . More has gone on that we hear but he said Cullum talks ended on good terms

[quote user="Danny G"][quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

I stood next to Roger Munby at the Norwich v Gorleston game and asked him this question , he said if anyone wants to give them team £20 m just write the cheque out . More has gone on that we hear but he said Cullum talks ended on good terms

[/quote]If them''s the Board''s terms - give us your money and then get lost - the Board needs shooting. I can''t believe they seriously think there''s any chance of that happening, but if they''re building their funding strategy around it, God help us.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Danny G"][quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]
If them''s the Board''s terms - give us your money and then get lost - the Board needs shooting. I can''t believe they seriously think there''s any chance of that happening, but if they''re building their funding strategy around it, God help us.
[/quote]

Glad you said that OB.  fwiw I agree 100%.

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"][quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Danny G"][quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]
If them''s the Board''s terms - give us your money and then get lost - the Board needs shooting. I can''t believe they seriously think there''s any chance of that happening, but if they''re building their funding strategy around it, God help us.
[/quote]

Glad you said that OB.  fwiw I agree 100%.

[/quote]

Surely not? With the price of bullets I''m sure that wouldn''t be prudent spending..

[quote user="rossco2121"]

I also picked up on the defending during the colchester game was not acceptable... and that owosuzi was pretty poor at right back... to which he was supprised that i thought this.... then we talked about the line up for coventry..... they way he was talking it would be bertrand left back and owosuzi right back.... to that i said " nah semi should be there... def better... he then told me he is more of a owusuzi fan. he also hinted koroma could make an appearence!?!?

[/quote]

Sounds like Doncaster in charge of team selection now then. Wink [;)]

when speaking about speculation regarding steve howard and the did we didnt we put a bid in..he called it " garbage" then said why would we pay that kind of money for someone of his age blah blah blah

then i asked if the shola ameobi deal was dead in the water and commenting that the reported figure of £3m is a lot on money... he strongly hinted on a possible loan deal!.

for all those worrying that we signed david bell injured... he said they pushed him to the limit on his medical.... and that is certainly wasnt a risk... he was proper glad to have him here......

[/quote]

Absolute classic. If this conversation did actually take place then read between the lines, see highlighted bits - that kind of money = even 500k for a striker is too much for Donk, (welcome to the 21st century Neil, please try to keep up) Loan deal = Donk and the Board being too tight to pay for a decent striker, we are fast becoming Loan City instead of Norwich City. If he was less than keen on Semmi then that gives you a good clue on a player we may be going to cash in on, well done Neil why have a permanent defender when we could have one on loan eh? I would be suprised if he revealed that much detail about a confidential item such as a players medical and think it''s a bit far fetched that you saw Neil, then Delia straight after and overheard their conversation. I think you''re an attention seeking fantasist mate, and you made it all up.

glad to see ur positive king beef!.. keep it up... we need more like u!

[/quote]

glad to see ur positive king beef and rossco2121, the club needs more positive percy''s like you .......like a hole in the head.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

glad to see ur positive king beef and rossco2121, the club needs more positive percy''s like you .......like a hole in the head.

[/quote]

I am positive, but I am also human. If I see something happening at the club which concerns me, believe me I will not bury my head in the sand, I''m not stupid. I was disappointed to see Cullum and his millions get rejected and the board are definately in the wrong over that if all is to be believed. It is, in fact narrow-minded people like yourself who drag this club down with your pure negativity, I mean, you''ve clogged this thread up with your pointless imput. Please get a life and support the club, don''t pick at every bad thing.

KB

firstly I can assure you this did take place. why the f*ck would I make this up... surely I would say something like " I saw Ameobi in asda!! but on the same point its up 2 u if u wana believe it or not... but I cant stand people making up rumours... so im not gonna start.

I remember something else he said. My mate matty that was with me said to him " we cant win anything with loan players" to which he also made a good point.... " what is the difference of having fozzy on a 1 year deal and lupoli on a 1 year deal....." good point I think!

[quote user="Danny G"][quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]doncaster has said this many times before, write a cheque and send it in...it all goes to glenn. but obviously cullum had other motives...doesnt matter now, im not despondent or dissapointed anyway.otbc

I remember something else he said. My mate matty that was with me said to him " we cant win anything with loan players" to which he also made a good point.... " what is the difference of having fozzy on a 1 year deal and lupoli on a 1 year deal....." good point I think!

[/quote]

If Doncaster doesn''t understand the difference we''re in even more trouble than I thought.

Because Fozzy is our player we have the option whether to offer him another contract.  The ball''s in our court.  We have no control over what happens to Lupoli when the year is up. 

Excessive reliance on loan players means, among other things, that we will find it very difficult to retain enough decent players from one season to the next to  build a promotion challenging squad.  It was acceptable last season (just about) as a short term fix to keep us up, but as a long term strategy it''s utter bo***cks. 

so neil doncaster picks the team now does he? Koroma wont get anywhere near the team if Roeder doesnt feel he is ready

jas :)

[quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am positive, but I am also human. If I see something happening at the club which concerns me, believe me I will not bury my head in the sand, I''m not stupid. I was disappointed to see Cullum and his millions get rejected and the board are definately in the wrong over that if all is to be believed. It is, in fact narrow-minded people like yourself who drag this club down with your pure negativity, I mean, you''ve clogged this thread up with your pointless imput. Please get a life and support the club, don''t pick at every bad thing.

KB

[/quote]

Ok, agree with the highlighted bit. Secondly no way am I negative about the team or GR, or the supporters for that matter. If you check my post on the "where will we finish" thread, I think I''ve gone for 10th. Last season I lost 40 quid in bets to local scummers that we would finish above them. Where posters such as you and I differ is I WILL NOT put up with being taken for a mug by the current Board without shouting about it at every opportunity. I will shout my head off for the team from start to finish but i will support any moves to oust this lot as they are the true narrow minded people, ie they can''t look further than their bank balance.

ps - I''ve got quite a nice life thanks, all I need is for my football club to spend some money on a top striker to make life perfect.Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

Ok, agree with the highlighted bit. Secondly no way am I negative about the team or GR, or the supporters for that matter. If you check my post on the "where will we finish" thread, I think I''ve gone for 10th. Last season I lost 40 quid in bets to local scummers that we would finish above them. Where posters such as you and I differ is I WILL NOT put up with being taken for a mug by the current Board without shouting about it at every opportunity. I will shout my head off for the team from start to finish but i will support any moves to oust this lot as they are the true narrow minded people, ie they can''t look further than their bank balance.

ps - I''ve got quite a nice life thanks, all I need is for my football club to spend some money on a top striker to make life perfect.Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

So basically we agree, I''ve voiced my positivity, and at the same time noted my unhappiness at how the board have handled certain situations, which is exactly the same as you. I just don''t see how "the club need fans like me like a hole in the head." I am in no way offened, just baffled at how you make such a statement.

With kind regards,

KB

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

So basically we agree, I''ve voiced my positivity, and at the same time noted my unhappiness at how the board have handled certain situations, which is exactly the same as you. I just don''t see how "the club need fans like me like a hole in the head." I am in no way offened, just baffled at how you make such a statement.

With kind regards,

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

With kind regards,

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

With kind regards,

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

With kind regards,

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

With kind regards,

KB

[quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

With kind regards,

KB

[/quote]

ok I give in! you have battered me into submission with these repeated posts and I withdraw my comment about you KB, you are a true disciple of NCFC and I salute you

[quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

With kind regards,

KB

[/quote]

ok I give in! you have battered me into submission with these repeated posts and I withdraw my comment about you KB, you are a true disciple of NCFC and I salute you

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

Absolute classic. If this conversation did actually take place then read between the lines, see highlighted bits - that kind of money = even 500k for a striker is too much for Donk, (welcome to the 21st century Neil, please try to keep up) Loan deal = Donk and the Board being too tight to pay for a decent striker, we are fast becoming Loan City instead of Norwich City. If he was less than keen on Semmi then that gives you a good clue on a player we may be going to cash in on, well done Neil why have a permanent defender when we could have one on loan eh? I would be suprised if he revealed that much detail about a confidential item such as a players medical and think it''s a bit far fetched that you saw Neil, then Delia straight after and overheard their conversation. I think you''re an attention seeking fantasist mate, and you made it all up.

[/quote]i can 100% confirm that neil doncaster was standing where he nearly always has been in the last year or so after home games, on the corner of where the jarrold stand goes round to the river end. And i saw him talking to a couple of people when i walked past after colchester as i ofter do. AND as for the holier than thou attitude towards positive posters on here, it''s tiresome. Fair enough there are idiots who think everything is rosy, but when they''re only mildly positive they shouldn''t be shot down and positive people are not the equivalent of a hole in the head to the club.for the record i think we will finish 14th at best this season. call me percy.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="King Beef"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="rossco2121"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

With kind regards,

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s the damn server error message thing that led me to refresh about 6 times, hence why 6 messages have appeared. Apologies!

KB