Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Last year's loan players - which ones would you have retained?

Which of last year''s loanees would you have liked to see here next season? 

Based purely on what other posters have said it sounds like Taylor would have been useful with his experience, Pearce had shown enough to be worth another year, and Evans looked like the real deal.  But you''ve seen them play and I haven''t, so what do you think?

Evans, Taylor and Bertand. Pearce only played the once I think so didnt really prove his worth. Though Gibbs showed a little promise late on he was still fairly crap.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Pearce only played the once I think so didnt really prove his worth. [/quote]

featured in 11 games, think he started most of them as well, for a young lad he looked good at the back, can see him featuring for Reading this season

[quote user="ncfc_chris"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Pearce only played the once I think so didnt really prove his worth. [/quote]

featured in 11 games, think he started most of them as well, for a young lad he looked good at the back, can see him featuring for Reading this season

[/quote]

Agree. I thought he was a very good player who will definately get games at Reading.

Bertrand and Ched.  I would not have quibbled over the extra "£250,000 for Taylor and would have just bought him.

Definitely Bertrand and Ched, both class players. And obviously Tiny Taylor as well. Not too fussed about Pearce, I thought he was alright but no real improvement, would be a useful player to have in the squad. Same with Gibbs, I''d have him in the squad but wouldn''t be too fussed.

I liked Mo Camara as well, thought he did a pretty good job for us.

Camara, Evans, Taylor, Pearce and Bertrand i would of kept...

I''d also of kept Strihvaka... still think he was the one that got away to some extent... a run in the side and a few starts would of led to goals im sure!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I''d also of kept Strihvaka... still think he was the one that got away to some extent... a run in the side and a few starts would of led to goals im sure!

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1GYHN_w7jw

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol Andy.. already seen it.. the same Big Dave who scored twice vs Spurs in europe too however

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol Andy.. already seen it.. the same Big Dave who scored twice vs Spurs in europe too however

[/quote]I actually agree Jas, it''s a shame he didn''t get a decent run in the team but I just love the music on that vid.  [:)]

Possibly Big Dave just didn''t want to live in England.

Anyways, seeing him play for the reserves was enough to know he wasn''t cut out for it over here.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I agree with the loan players you wanted to keep but I dont think Dave Striker was the man for the job. Plus I think If we kept him on a second season there was some clause in the contract that would of cost us alot of money. I trust Glenn''s judgement on the man!

[quote user="GJP"]

Possibly Big Dave just didn''t want to live in England.

Anyways, seeing him play for the reserves was enough to know he wasn''t cut out for it over here.

[/quote]

your making that up, he was great in the reserves

I think we have done well to retain Bertrand, and the others I would have kept would be Evans, Pearce and probably Rigters. I''m annoyed we haven''t managed to get him again, because I really think we would dominate this league.