Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Pattison

You  are quote right that ''Pantison'' shouldn''t be booed but can you blame people?!?  The guy was sooooo bad Mon night it was rediculous, he did not make one accurate pass to a City player all night - he was rubish, whether you like him or not.  Apparently, he was no better tonight???  I would not booo him but if I got somewhere paid £5-8k a week I would expect a bit of sh*t if I performed pathetically in my job each week (which he has done since his permanent signing). 

Maybe you guys who are going to slate me would like to write me a cheque for £5,000 for my next weeks work so I don''t have to bother going in (for the next month), that would be great, thanks......

PS I''ve  never been done for any kind of criminal offence, whereby the lives of innocent people are threatened either, so perhaps, £6,000 a week to me is more reasonable?!?!

I agree Clint but I guess all those people who applauded a Norwich city footballer driving around tanked up  but who used to boo Ian Henderson for giving a 100% do not.

The guy is useless. All he did against spurs was go backwards or lose the ball. He gives it his all but he''s not very good technically IMO and has very little to his overall game. Strikes me as a replica of Andy Hughes.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]I agree Clint but I guess all those people who applauded a Norwich city footballer driving around tanked up  but who used to boo Ian Henderson for giving a 100% do not.[/quote]

agreed... we all too readily slag off some young kid yet Pattison got a standing ovation and treated like a hero for commiting a crime.. theres a problem with society today and that is it!

jas :)

Pattison is a joke.  OK he played out of position yesterday, but the ball was like a hot potato to him.  As soon as he got it he gave it straight back from whence it came and then stood there, not offering himself up to receive it back.  He is too slow, can''t head a ball, can''t trap cement and has no positional sense.  Useless, waste of money.

I was on Croft''s case not so long ago for looking unfit and worthless, but at least Croft never stopped trying yesterday.  In comparison to Pattison, Croft is Pele!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Disco Dale"]I agree Clint but I guess all those people who applauded a Norwich city footballer driving around tanked up  but who used to boo Ian Henderson for giving a 100% do not.[/quote]

agreed... we all too readily slag off some young kid yet Pattison got a standing ovation and treated like a hero for commiting a crime.. theres a problem with society today and that is it!

[/quote]

Seconded! Fat, useless, turd!!!

When I watched match Monday I thought we still had Hartson. How can players come back so overweight and still get played. Can''t remember who it was but one player started training early to get his fitness levels up.

Etuhu started training early last season (infact he didn''t stop after the previous season ) and there was a Pink-Un article praising his commitment-then he went to Sunderland so clearly had his own focussed game-plan which is more than you can say about his performances

[quote user="Zippy23255"]When I watched match Monday I thought we still had Hartson. How can players come back so overweight and still get played. Can''t remember who it was but one player started training early to get his fitness levels up.[/quote]

The player you were referring to was Chris Martin.

But on a note about the fitness regime, was the guy who was giving the subs a work out at half time yesterday the fitness coach?  Coz if so, his title ought to be FATness coach.  Who is he?

[quote user="Zippy23255"]When I watched match Monday I thought we still had Hartson. How can players come back so overweight and still get played. Can''t remember who it was but one player started training early to get his fitness levels up.[/quote]

Yes that was Cureton

Don''t agree with players getting booed but it has to be said that meat patty is not a very good footballer. I remember coming away from a game last season thinking that I''d never seen a player either give the ball away or pass it to the crowd as much as he''d done that day. At least last season he seemed reasonably mobile but he''s obviously consumed a lot of ale over the summer and not kept himself in very good shape, I''m surprised Roeder is playing him when he''s obviously not in very good shape. He had a couple of good games last season but he has been pants(pardon the pun) in most other games.

[quote user="Take me home...Carrow Road"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Seconded! Fat, useless, turd!!!

[/quote]

Oh the joy of reasoned, articulate intelligent debate!!  Go home and stay there......please!!

Fatty Pattison is absolutly awful, In fact everyone apart from two players yesterday were s**t.

How the bloody mary can you not start Russell? He has always in every game gave his all, in his first spell here he was a player that would give everything. Now he is a player who gives his all and gets a reward.

Fotheringham was ok, Croft made a huge difference.

Apart from that very un impressed.

To be fair i think we have to give the team time to gel but i don''t look forward to switching on sky sports news on Saturday and seeing a Leon Mckenzie hatrick!

I wouldn''t necessarily say he is a terrible player, he has done jobs in the past, but he certainly isn''t a winger. There were so many occasions yesterday were we were poised to break and he''d turn around and look for someone behind him, when somebody like Croft would bomb on. Personally I see him purely as a central midfielder, a position he could probably do a job in, however would I say he''s the best we have that can play there? No, therefore I don''t believe he is worth a place in our starting 11 at the minute.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]People - I am loosing my patience with this forum now, I may well go on a leave of absence because I can''t honestly believe what people are saying sometimes.IF football was a NORMAL job? What?Pattison committed a crime which has been well documented and reported and yet people still go on about it. The young man has served his punishment and still gets a slagging off for it. I am pretty sure that there are a few of you who have driven after a night out and probably been above the limit and not known about it - and some of you older than he is. Th LAW served him a sentance and he abided by it, he did not try to make excuses and got on with it. If the other rumours are true then he also accepted he had a problem and dealt with that too.Being alcoholic is normally a symptom of something else, depression, traumatic experiences, stress. You have to remember this is a young man a long way from his home nation and possibly his family and support network.I would really like to know where some people work so that when they put in a cack 90mins I can go in for the next six months and sit at the otherside of their desk for 90 mins a day and boo and slag them off no matter how they perform.October 27, 1986(1986-10-27) (age 21)Just 21, lets put that into perspective shall we? I have seen worse things done by students during my time at university and yet they went unpunnished. Many times because of the age of the person involved. I am not saying that he did not deserve punishment but merely many on this forum still lynch him for a crime which a sentance was served and for which he has completed and more out of his own choice. He deserves some credit for not trying to avoid it and facing up the consequences of his actions as any good human being should.As for his performances, big deal its pre-season. So he hasn''t played well - to me that is what pre-season is for, getting all of the rust out of the system. And if he was involved in re-hab this summer may have been a lot harder for him than the others.Its funny how Cureton seems to be having a great pre-season with scoring and yet people still seem to think he is useless - its a strange logic that people appply on this forum and it seems no matter what that some players just can not do right in their mind.For those of you that have seen Pattison play more than just a couple of run outs in a pre-season full of new faces, I think you would agree that he actually has a good deal of technical ability with his LEFT foot and the fact that he was played out of position on the right may have had something to do with his performance.

People get frustrated because he his just another very average player who works hard but has no real ability like we have seen so many times before.We deserve better.

[quote user="Disco Dale"]We deserve better.[/quote]We deserve what? Because we get so many bums on seats we have a god given right to something do we? Every season people on this forum slag of the likes of West Ham supporters for supposedly being so "smug" when they themselves post we deserve this and we deserve that.At the moment people are buying tickets so they think that when they moan they will be listened to more.Patty may not be a starting 11 player at the moment but it takes a team to do well and people say that we miss Crichton, Emblem, Iwan, Makay etc even if it just for the dressing room atmoshpere. Well then look at these boys - some of them are still in transition to adult-hood and consider what your frustrated negative and displaced moaning could do to them.It sums up todays world, everybody considered to be a professional should be an A**** expert. Give over, lets see some competative games first. And boy I hope people cheer because otherwise I think promotion by any means will once more be off the menu.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

People - I am loosing my patience with this forum now, I may well go on a leave of absence because I can''t honestly believe what people are saying sometimes.

IF football was a NORMAL job? What?

Pattison committed a crime which has been well documented and reported and yet people still go on about it. The young man has served his punishment and still gets a slagging off for it. I am pretty sure that there are a few of you who have driven after a night out and probably been above the limit and not known about it - and some of you older than he is. Th LAW served him a sentance and he abided by it, he did not try to make excuses and got on with it. If the other rumours are true then he also accepted he had a problem and dealt with that too.

Being alcoholic is normally a symptom of something else, depression, traumatic experiences, stress. You have to remember this is a young man a long way from his home nation and possibly his family and support network.

I would really like to know where some people work so that when they put in a cack 90mins I can go in for the next six months and sit at the otherside of their desk for 90 mins a day and boo and slag them off no matter how they perform.

October 27, 1986(1986-10-27) (age 21)

Just 21, lets put that into perspective shall we? I have seen worse things done by students during my time at university and yet they went unpunnished. Many times because of the age of the person involved. I am not saying that he did not deserve punishment but merely many on this forum still lynch him for a crime which a sentance was served and for which he has completed and more out of his own choice. He deserves some credit for not trying to avoid it and facing up the consequences of his actions as any good human being should.

As for his performances, big deal its pre-season. So he hasn''t played well - to me that is what pre-season is for, getting all of the rust out of the system. And if he was involved in re-hab this summer may have been a lot harder for him than the others.

Its funny how Cureton seems to be having a great pre-season with scoring and yet people still seem to think he is useless - its a strange logic that people appply on this forum and it seems no matter what that some players just can not do right in their mind.

For those of you that have seen Pattison play more than just a couple of run outs in a pre-season full of new faces, I think you would agree that he actually has a good deal of technical ability with his LEFT foot and the fact that he was played out of position on the right may have had something to do with his performance.
[/quote]

Well said

[/quote]

For those of you that have seen Pattison play more than just a couple of run outs in a pre-season full of new faces, I think you would agree that he actually has a good deal of technical ability with his LEFT foot and the fact that he was played out of position on the right may have had something to do with his performance.
[/quote]

I qualify for one of those that has seen him play more than just a couple of times, and still completely disagree with you. He can''t pick a simple 10 yard pass and has very little technical ability. He works hard but has very little else to his game. Quite possibly one of the weakest midfield players at the club.

Sorry, chicken, he''s poor. He was poor on the left wing against Spurs, dire at left back against Spurs, and poor on the right against Col U, although the first 15 minuted were acceptable. I don''t buy this "out of position" stuff - Omozusi, Russell, Shackell have played out of position this pre-season but not looked out of their depth in the same way. Yesterday, Pattison visibly ran out of steam after 20 minutes, and when Omo got the ball and was looking for the run from Pattison, he''d gone missing. If his best position is inside left, then we have better options for that position. I can''t see a place for him. Whether his bulk is fat or muscle doesn''t matter - he''s just not mobile enough. Roeder supposedly likes players that "glide over the turf" - so why on earth did he buy Pattison?  I''m not going to insult the kid and he may well have personal issues, but as a footballer he''s no longer good enough for us. If he can get back to what we saw in his first game, great. But if not, ship him out.

While comfortably the worst technical player in the squad at the moment, IMO Pattison is a much better player than both Hughes and Robinson ever were and I think the fact he''s been played in so many different positions in the pre-season really as a space filler shows he''s not integral to Roeder''s plans. Interestingly, though, people still jump to criticise him despite this.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]While comfortably the worst technical player in the squad at the moment, IMO Pattison is a much better player than both Hughes and Robinson ever were and I think the fact he''s been played in so many different positions in the pre-season really as a space filler shows he''s not integral to Roeder''s plans. Interestingly, though, people still jump to criticise him despite this.
[/quote]

So what if on the other hand the fact he is playing so much pre-season suggests that he IS a big part of Roeder''s plans? I don''t know the answer, nor do I pretend to, so why do you?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]While comfortably the worst technical player in the squad at the moment, IMO Pattison is a much better player than both Hughes and Robinson ever were and I think the fact he''s been played in so many different positions in the pre-season really as a space filler shows he''s not integral to Roeder''s plans. Interestingly, though, people still jump to criticise him despite this. [/quote]

So what if on the other hand the fact he is playing so much pre-season suggests that he IS a big part of Roeder''s plans? I don''t know the answer, nor do I pretend to, so why do you?

[/quote]I think it''s commonly accepted footballing practice to give players time in the position they''re intended to be used. If they''re chopped and changed around, I think it''s pretty certain they aren''t a major player in the manager''s plans.It''s called common sense.

[/quote]

People - I am loosing my patience with this forum now, I may well go on a leave of absence because I can''t honestly believe what people are saying sometimes.

Pattison committed a crime which has been well documented and reported and yet people still go on about it. The young man has served his punishment and still gets a slagging off for it. I am pretty sure that there are a few of you who have driven after a night out and probably been above the limit and not known about it - and some of you older than he is. Th LAW served him a sentance and he abided by it, he did not try to make excuses and got on with it. If the other rumours are true then he also accepted he had a problem and dealt with that too.

Being alcoholic is normally a symptom of something else, depression, traumatic experiences, stress. You have to remember this is a young man a long way from his home nation and possibly his family and support network.

I would really like to know where some people work so that when they put in a cack 90mins I can go in for the next six months and sit at the otherside of their desk for 90 mins a day and boo and slag them off no matter how they perform.

Just 21, lets put that into perspective shall we? I have seen worse things done by students during my time at university and yet they went unpunnished. Many times because of the age of the person involved. I am not saying that he did not deserve punishment but merely many on this forum still lynch him for a crime which a sentance was served and for which he has completed and more out of his own choice. He deserves some credit for not trying to avoid it and facing up the consequences of his actions as any good human being should.

As for his performances, big deal its pre-season. So he hasn''t played well - to me that is what pre-season is for, getting all of the rust out of the system. And if he was involved in re-hab this summer may have been a lot harder for him than the others.

Its funny how Cureton seems to be having a great pre-season with scoring and yet people still seem to think he is useless - its a strange logic that people appply on this forum and it seems no matter what that some players just can not do right in their mind.

[/quote]

didnt Pattison get the standing ovation BEFORE appearing in court?

if "joe public" was done for drink driving and you read his name in the evening news you''d think he was a scum bag before judgement had been passed....and dont say you wouldn''t... its what we are all "taught" to think by the media these days....

its like giving some yob an ASBo.. all they get is letters after their name! they brag about it to their mates!

IF pattison has a drink problem then banning him from driving isnt going to help him is it? sure it should be part of the punishment but help and support from outside are what he needs.

I personally think it was down to sense of being "untoachable" that all footballers seem to have., Lets face it they are payed to play again... they play, just like Children, the more money they get the more reality passes them by.... im not saying this is true of all footballers but im willing to bet that some of them have very little idear of how the world works....

[/quote]

[/quote]

if "joe public" was done for drink driving and you read his name in the evening news you''d think he was a scum bag before judgement had been passed....and dont say you wouldn''t... its what we are all "taught" to think by the media these days....

its like giving some yob an ASBo.. all they get is letters after their name! they brag about it to their mates!

IF pattison has a drink problem then banning him from driving isnt going to help him is it? sure it should be part of the punishment but help and support from outside are what he needs.

I personally think it was down to sense of being "untouchable" that many footballers seem to have., Lets face it they are payed to play again... they play, just like Children, the more money they get the more reality passes them by.... im not saying this is true of all footballers but im willing to bet that some of them have very little idear of how the world works....

[/quote]People - I am loosing my patience with this forum now, I may well go on a leave of absence because I can''t honestly believe what people are saying sometimes.IF football was a NORMAL job? What?Pattison committed a crime which has been well documented and reported and yet people still go on about it. The young man has served his punishment and still gets a slagging off for it. I am pretty sure that there are a few of you who have driven after a night out and probably been above the limit and not known about it - and some of you older than he is. Th LAW served him a sentance and he abided by it, he did not try to make excuses and got on with it. If the other rumours are true then he also accepted he had a problem and dealt with that too.Being alcoholic is normally a symptom of something else, depression, traumatic experiences, stress. You have to remember this is a young man a long way from his home nation and possibly his family and support network.I would really like to know where some people work so that when they put in a cack 90mins I can go in for the next six months and sit at the otherside of their desk for 90 mins a day and boo and slag them off no matter how they perform.October 27, 1986(1986-10-27) (age 21)Just 21, lets put that into perspective shall we? I have seen worse things done by students during my time at university and yet they went unpunnished. Many times because of the age of the person involved. I am not saying that he did not deserve punishment but merely many on this forum still lynch him for a crime which a sentance was served and for which he has completed and more out of his own choice. He deserves some credit for not trying to avoid it and facing up the consequences of his actions as any good human being should.As for his performances, big deal its pre-season. So he hasn''t played well - to me that is what pre-season is for, getting all of the rust out of the system. And if he was involved in re-hab this summer may have been a lot harder for him than the others.Its funny how Cureton seems to be having a great pre-season with scoring and yet people still seem to think he is useless - its a strange logic that people appply on this forum and it seems no matter what that some players just can not do right in their mind.For those of you that have seen Pattison play more than just a couple of run outs in a pre-season full of new faces, I think you would agree that he actually has a good deal of technical ability with his LEFT foot and the fact that he was played out of position on the right may have had something to do with his performance.[/quote]

Good man!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I personally think it was down to sense of being "untouchable" that many footballers seem to have., Lets face it they are payed to play again... they play, just like Children, the more money they get the more reality passes them by.... im not saying this is true of all footballers but im willing to bet that some of them have very little idear of how the world works....

[/quote]

I can only speak for myself but I remember that day well.  I loathe drinkdriving and abhor what Patty did.  I clapped him off for one reason only.  Despite having made a fool of himself and done something which every right thinking person would condemn, he did not hide but had the courage to come out in front of 24,000 and try and play well.   It would hvae been easy for him to take time out but he faced up to his job and he faced up to all of us.  That took character and perhaps that is one reason Glenn has faith in him now.   And let us remember that he is only 21. 

Oh what courage , what character.Cant look after himself for 5-10 grand a week? pathetic.Tell me Cambridge canary if a work collegue got done for drink driving would you applaud him into the office for having the "courage" to face you all?Actually for most people it would result in the sack.As for Roeder having faith in him if he was not his signing he would have been placed on the transfer list and it would have been spun round to show that Roeder is taking a hard line approach.