Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Big striker, deal done

This reminds me of the Reduced Shakespere Company''s take on Orthello.voice 1- "Orthello, The Moor of Venice."voice 2- "The correct term is African-American"voice 1- "But he''s Italian"voice 2- "OK then, Italian-American".

[quote user="Be Smart "]The same source that told me on Thursday that signings would be made on Friday (as posted on here) has told me that discussions are all but complete on our missing link, The Big Striker. Over the weekend negotiations, took  place with unknown club and player, and all went well. It is thought medical etc will take place today or in the morning, with an announcement from the club within the next 48 hours.[/quote]

Time to face the facts kiddies we ain''t buying anyone cos the Board are too tight, we may just scrape another one on loan so that we can get him fit for one of those Big Teams.

Spot the difference -

Sheff Utd - Henderson £2million

Coventry - Eastwood £1.5 million plus poss Morrison on a Bosman

Notts Forest - Earnshaw £2.65 million

Derby - Hulse £1.75 million

Burnley - Paterson £1 million

Bristol City - Maynard £2.25 million

There will be others I have missed but the rotten, pathetic, tighta**ed skinflint scrooges that are supposed to represent us can''t scrape together enough cash to compete with those above.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Be Smart "]The same source that told me on Thursday that signings would be made on Friday (as posted on here) has told me that discussions are all but complete on our missing link, The Big Striker. Over the weekend negotiations, took  place with unknown club and player, and all went well. It is thought medical etc will take place today or in the morning, with an announcement from the club within the next 48 hours.[/quote]

Time to face the facts kiddies we ain''t buying anyone cos the Board are too tight, we may just scrape another one on loan so that we can get him fit for one of those Big Teams.

Spot the difference -

There will be others I have missed but the rotten, pathetic, tighta**ed skinflint scrooges that are supposed to represent us can''t scrape together enough cash to compete with those above.

[/quote]But we have Cureton-£200k and scores 1 in every 20 attempts on goal!

[quote]But we have Cureton-£200k and scores 1 in every 20 attempts on goal! [/quote]

He scored 14 last season, sounds like we''ve been creating a lot of chances eh ?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Time to face the facts kiddies we ain''t buying anyone cos the Board are too tight, we may just scrape another one on loan so that we can get him fit for one of those Big Teams.

Spot the difference -

There will be others I have missed but the rotten, pathetic, tighta**ed skinflint scrooges that are supposed to represent us can''t scrape together enough cash to compete with those above.[/quote]Eastwood was dire last season and being fair was nothing special when Southend were in the CCC managing 11 league goals for them, 1 less than Curo bagged for us last season, which in turn was the same as Henderson scored last season despite most feeling Watford had a far superior squad to us. Paterson managed 1 more with 13 goals.

As for Rob Hulse, you have to be impressed with the 0 goals scored in 24 games last season, exactly the type of prolific striker we need...

In Maynard you have a player who performed well towards the end of last season, but we have no idea if he can make the step up to CCC level, and if we were to argue even a small percentage drop in goals, then he''d be lucky to get more than 10, which is a big risk for £2.25 million.

The only proven player on your list who has regularly scored goals at this level is Earnie and I can''t possibly argue with that, although I do feel that in some ways Earnie causes almost as many problems as he solves as he''s a natural goalscorer, but his team contribution is virtually non-existent and often teams need to adjust their overall strategy just to play around him.

Out of interest, how much do you think Lupoli would cost on a permanent basis? IMHO you''d be lucky to get change out of £3 million. This is not some lower league player from Crewe, or some basic CCC level player who can do a bit of job here there, no, we''re talking about one of the more promising young players in the modern game, who was highly respected at Arsenal, wanted by half of Italy, and signed for Fiorentina.

Whilst I think we''d all prefer permanent signings, the fact is that the calibre of player Roeder truly wants to sign is not going to come cheap, and virtually no clubs at this level can afford to purchase them either. I''d much rather have players with some real talent on loan with a potential for a signing if we do well, than some average players who in some cases are going for prices over the odds, just so that we can say we own them.

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Spot the difference -

[/quote]But we have Cureton-£200k and scores 1 in every 20 attempts on goal![/quote]

poor jamie,he does try his best,he does still play for us u know can we please give him a bit of support i think he can play a big part this season(comin on from bench mainly and nicking a few goals).

Well said, IB, I can''t believe how many people hammer on about Eastwood (for example) being the answer when his stats have been awful everytime he has played above the level of League 1. If we had signed him, I GUARANTEE that the usual suspects would be dragging these up to show how doomed we are.   

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Time to face the facts kiddies we ain''t buying anyone cos the Board are too tight, we may just scrape another one on loan so that we can get him fit for one of those Big Teams.

Spot the difference -

There will be others I have missed but the rotten, pathetic, tighta**ed skinflint scrooges that are supposed to represent us can''t scrape together enough cash to compete with those above.[/quote]Eastwood was dire last season and being fair was nothing special when Southend were in the CCC managing 11 league goals for them, 1 less than Curo bagged for us last season, which in turn was the same as Henderson scored last season despite most feeling Watford had a far superior squad to us. Paterson managed 1 more with 13 goals.

As for Rob Hulse, you have to be impressed with the 0 goals scored in 24 games last season, exactly the type of prolific striker we need...

In Maynard you have a player who performed well towards the end of last season, but we have no idea if he can make the step up to CCC level, and if we were to argue even a small percentage drop in goals, then he''d be lucky to get more than 10, which is a big risk for £2.25 million.

The only proven player on your list who has regularly scored goals at this level is Earnie and I can''t possibly argue with that, although I do feel that in some ways Earnie causes almost as many problems as he solves as he''s a natural goalscorer, but his team contribution is virtually non-existent and often teams need to adjust their overall strategy just to play around him.

Out of interest, how much do you think Lupoli would cost on a permanent basis? IMHO you''d be lucky to get change out of £3 million. This is not some lower league player from Crewe, or some basic CCC level player who can do a bit of job here there, no, we''re talking about one of the more promising young players in the modern game, who was highly respected at Arsenal, wanted by half of Italy, and signed for Fiorentina.

Whilst I think we''d all prefer permanent signings, the fact is that the calibre of player Roeder truly wants to sign is not going to come cheap, and virtually no clubs at this level can afford to purchase them either. I''d much rather have players with some real talent on loan with a potential for a signing if we do well, than some average players who in some cases are going for prices over the odds, just so that we can say we own them.

[/quote]

I don''t think you would be far wrong with price for Lupoli, and very well done GR for getting him. You''re right the sort of players GR wants to sign won''t come cheap because I think he can spot class. Do not blame Roeder in any way but if you have been following City during this present lots reign then you know that the potential for signing will not be realised. I want to support a succesful NCFC where at least the majority of the players on the ptich actually belong to us! The post was merely intended to prove again how almost impossible it is to get our Board to spend money.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Time to face the facts kiddies we ain''t buying anyone cos the Board are too tight, we may just scrape another one on loan so that we can get him fit for one of those Big Teams.

Spot the difference -

[/quote]

I don''t think you would be far wrong with price for Lupoli, and very well done GR for getting him. You''re right the sort of players GR wants to sign won''t come cheap because I think he can spot class. Do not blame Roeder in any way but if you have been following City during this present lots reign then you know that the potential for signing will not be realised. I want to support a succesful NCFC where at least the majority of the players on the ptich actually belong to us! The post was merely intended to prove again how almost impossible it is to get our Board to spend money.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

The post was merely intended to prove again how almost impossible it is to get our Board to spend money.

[/quote]To me it proves how vastly overpriced British footballers are. Not very good ones at that. It may show ambition but it hardly guarantees success!

Even if the person in question is English? Smile [:)] - McDougall''s Perm

Yes.  If we''re going to be politically correct, we have to apply it to everyone equally.  Not really.

I used to joke about how Nelson Mandela was the first black South African leader of S Af, and how I was warned off using the term "black" so I corrected myself by referring to him as the first African American South African leader.  It was at open mic comedy shows, and i used to get pretty good responses with my racial humor that poked fun at political correctness.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Yes.  If we''re going to be politically correct, we have to apply it to everyone equally.  Not really.

I used to joke about how Nelson Mandela was the first black South African leader of S Af, and how I was warned off using the term "black" so I corrected myself by referring to him as the first African American South African leader.  It was at open mic comedy shows, and i used to get pretty good responses with my racial humor that poked fun at political correctness.

[/quote]We are talking about the colour of our skin. I am white. My wife is black. Rio Ferdinand is mixed race. End of. (By the way Rio is not part of my family![:P])

[quote user="Canaries Canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

We are talking about the colour of our skin. I am white. My wife is black. Rio Ferdinand is mixed race. End of.

(By the way Rio is not part of my family![:P])
[/quote]

all together now...''I''d like to teach, the world to sing, in perfect harmony....''

[/quote]Sounds awesome. Stand aside Bill Hicks.

It was at open mic comedy shows, and i used to get pretty good responses with my racial humor that poked fun at political correctness.

[/quote]This would of course be in America?[;)]

Houston Canary is a Hick.... - Evil Monkey

Who you calling a "hick", boy? Don''t you live in Norfolk?  Do you even know what a "hick" is, bubba? Or are you just tossing out words you heard someone else say and based on their connotation, figured it must be a negative?

Snarky comments aside, your are a humorless naive fool.  If I included the snarky comments, this could have gotten ugly. Like your wife.

Uh oh, I htink the humorless twit is clicking on priceline so he can get a ticket to Houston so he can fight me.  But first threaten me here so we can all laugh at you, not just me. You internet tough guy, thinking your co-workers seriously go along with your stereotypes.  We call that go along to get along. But in private, they have voo doo dolls of guys like you filled with pins.  

I was born in the Midlands and live in Manchester... as for the rest - wtf?? This guy is seriously mental and should probably be locked up for the good of his country... personally I believe that if Houston Canary were to be removed from society crime figures would go down by 34%, school results everywhere would improve significantly and the average IQ of the population would go up by about 70 points.  How do I know all this? I saw it on telly, once... so it must be true..."Some folk''ll never eat a skunk, but then again some folk''llLike Houston, the Slack-Jawed Yokel!"Yee-haw!

Houston Canary is a Hick.... - Evil Monkey

Who you calling a "hick", boy? Don''t you live in Norfolk?  Do you even know what a "hick" is, bubba? Or are you just tossing out words you heard someone else say and based on their connotation, figured it must be a negative?

Snarky comments aside, your are a humorless naive fool.  If I included the snarky comments, this could have gotten ugly. Like your wife.

Uh oh, I htink the humorless twit is clicking on priceline so he can get a ticket to Houston so he can fight me.  But first threaten me here so we can all laugh at you, not just me. You internet tough guy, thinking your co-workers seriously go along with your stereotypes.  We call that go along to get along. But in private, they have voo doo dolls of guys like you filled with pins.  

[/quote]

.... boy, are you ever prickly .....!

.... boy, are you ever prickly .....! - Goony

The entire thing was written in jest.  Perhaps your lack of sense of humor, or overly sensitive nature made it impossible for you to ingest.  Read it again, but don''t be so uptight.  I am poking fun at EM''s ignorance of Houston, his warhorse of a wife, and his past threat to come over here to fight me when I made fun of him on a different thread.  Oh, and also of his naive belief that his fellow co-workers who are not white don''t mind all the negative stereotypes they have to deal with because they put on a brave front at work. That''s all.  :)

He still doesn''t get it, but there is hope for you, Goony.

The entire thing was written in jest.  Perhaps your lack of

sense of humor, or overly sensitive nature made it impossible for you

to ingest.  Read it again, but don''t be so uptight.  I am

poking fun at EM''s ignorance of Houston, his warhorse of a wife, and

his past threat to come over here to fight me when I made fun of him on

a different thread.  Oh, and also of his naive belief that his

fellow co-workers who are not white don''t mind all the negative

stereotypes they have to deal with because they put on a brave front at

work. That''s all.  :)

He still doesn''t get it, but there is hope for you, Goony.[/quote]

I have a wife?? And "co-workers who are not white"? Really? Crikey...

Ignore him Goony, Houston Canary is a proper troll wot finks he''s funny

and all that, whilst just embarassing himself and his fellow countrymen

at every turn.  Its always fun to have someone like HC around the

place, helps us remember that whilst life may have its ups and downs,

it could be worse... a lot worse...

Now he''s trying to poke me into biting again - made that mistake once,

won''t be happening again I assure you Cletus... Ignorance of Houston?

Seems you''re the one with the problem...

Just hope you haven''t got any WMD secreted about your place,EM ! (particularly if you happen to live in an oil rich neighbourhood!).

Could be a bit of regime change heading your way!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Just hope you haven''t got any WMD secreted about your place,EM ! (particularly if you happen to live in an oil rich neighbourhood!).

Could be a bit of regime change heading your way!

[/quote]much better to have the WMDs - its if you don''t have them that america dares attack.

BB You are so deluded. What about when the current board signed the likes of Ashton and Earnie. Yeah we had some money kicking around so we bought talent. The outcome didnt pay off (ie staying in the prem or getting promoted) so we had to sell. I dont think you really realise what running a football club entails. Its not cheap and they types of people who want to get involved usually do it for a hobby or the love of it. Not to make money (exept the rich clubs who make revenue from many sources). For me this transfer window on paper lookes fantastic, i hope the team can gel quite quickly and things transfer from paper to the pitch. I for one am glad we havent wasted money on anyone you have mentioned as for me they are all t0ss. Even Earnie because he contributes 0% to the rest of the team in work ethic, just stands on the half way line. When there is no link up play the midfield cannot score as many goals so its couter productive. I think if we got Ameobi I wouldnt want to spend more than 1.5 upfront as i still see it as a gamble. However it might kickstart him like we did for Crouchie when he was on loan. I look forward to Coventry game. I dont think we will win though, i think our first win will be after 2 or 3 games and then we will steady and start to build.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

The entire thing was written in jest.  Perhaps your lack of sense of humor, or overly sensitive nature made it impossible for you to ingest.  Read it again, but don''t be so uptight.  I am poking fun at EM''s ignorance of Houston, his warhorse of a wife, and his past threat to come over here to fight me when I made fun of him on a different thread.  Oh, and also of his naive belief that his fellow co-workers who are not white don''t mind all the negative stereotypes they have to deal with because they put on a brave front at work. That''s all.  :)

He still doesn''t get it, but there is hope for you, Goony.
[/quote]

I have a wife?? And "co-workers who are not white"? Really? Crikey...

Ignore him Goony, Houston Canary is a proper troll wot finks he''s funny and all that, whilst just embarassing himself and his fellow countrymen at every turn.  Its always fun to have someone like HC around the place, helps us remember that whilst life may have its ups and downs, it could be worse... a lot worse...

Now he''s trying to poke me into biting again - made that mistake once, won''t be happening again I assure you Cletus... Ignorance of Houston? Seems you''re the one with the problem...
[/quote]

You two guys are too intelligent for me. You both sound like my bird when shes on the rag. [;)]