Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Big striker, deal done

The same source that told me on Thursday that signings would be made on Friday (as posted on here) has told me that discussions are all but complete on our missing link, The Big Striker. Over the weekend negotiations, took  place with unknown club and player, and all went well. It is thought medical etc will take place today or in the morning, with an announcement from the club within the next 48 hours.

I heard a similar thing saturday at the end of the game.

A guy behind me got a text from a mate in one of the executive boxes. He was with ome EDP officials apparently. The text said '''' Word up here is that Ameobi to sign on monday ''''. Didnt hang around long enough to find out if it was on loan or a buy.

Either way if it comes off it will be huge for the club, Ameobi will be the key to our season.

Barclayman (artist formerly known as Barclayboy) wrote the following post at 04/08/2008 9:39 AM:

A guy behind me got a text from a mate in one of the executive boxes. He was with ome EDP officials apparently. The text said '''' Word up here is that Ameobi to sign on monday ''''. Didnt hang around long enough to find out if it was on loan or a buy.

Either way if it comes off it will be huge for the club, Ameobi will be the key to our season.

He''s also injured! He went off with hamstring trouble on Saturday.

I also have a reggae reggae who has told me SA is signing today/tomorrow.   The talks were underway before he got injured on saturday so it could now depend on how badly he is injured.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Barclayman (artist formerly known as Barclayboy) wrote the following post at 04/08/2008 9:39 AM:

[/quote]

Hope and pray this is NOT true!

[quote user="Be Smart "]The same source that told me on Thursday that signings would be made on Friday (as posted on here) has told me that discussions are all but complete on our missing link, The Big Striker. Over the weekend negotiations, took  place with unknown club and player, and all went well. It is thought medical etc will take place today or in the morning, with an announcement from the club within the next 48 hours.[/quote]

Wow! Another bold one there Be Smart (initials of BS...ohh, the irony). We''re clearly odds-on to announce the big striker in the coming days. Its not rocket surgery! [;)]

I have it on good authority from a source close to the club that tomorrow will be Tuesday. Don''t ask me how I know, but this guy was right last week in predicting that the day after Thursday was going to be Friday.

Well I wasn''t going to say too much incase I was wrong, but from the sketchy details I was given. he is well over 6ft , ex top team youth, good goals to game ratio, coloured, playing in a lower league I thought it might be Beckford,, but thats just who sprung to my mind.

Be Smart wrote the following post at 04/08/2008 9:51 AM:

Well I wasn''t going to say too much incase I was wrong, but from the sketchy details I was given. he is well over 6ft , ex top team youth, good goals to game ratio, coloured, playing in a lower league I thought it might be Beckford,, but thats just who sprung to my mind.

God,its not bloody Platt is it? If so there''s an elderly gentleman somewhere beyond the lonely mountains who''s gathering up his box of tissues and heading to the bathroom!!!!!

Norfolk&Chance

No wonder people are reluctant to post what they hear on this board, is there really a need for that. The details on Fridays signings are the first I have ever made on here and it was right, so if the same person told me something this morning, then I thought some might like to know.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Yeah good point, but i heard this news after he got injured on the friday, and Roeder''s comments about him were saturday after he got injured, so Roeder was still after him knowing he was injured. Plus we signed Bell injured. ITs only a ham strain, 2 weeks.

[quote user="Be Smart "]Norfolk&Chance

No wonder people are reluctant to post what they hear on this board, is there really a need for that. The details on Fridays signings are the first I have ever made on here and it was right, so if the same person told me something this morning, then I thought some might like to know.

[/quote]

Really? Who are these people?

There''s more rumours on here that heat magazine!

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

Darren Beckford??? 

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

Coloured! Strike a light. I believe black is the correct termanology.[:P]

[quote user="Canaries Canary"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

Coloured! Strike a light. I believe black is the correct termanology.[:P]

[/quote]what about if he is red or orange or blue.

Can''t believe after you got all high and mighty about someone having a go at immigrants, you referred to someone as ''coloured'', double standards I am thinking.

Anyway, we''ll see if your last prediction was just a flash in the pan or actual knowledge wont we if this one comes through.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Can''t believe after you got all high and mighty about someone having a go at immigrants, you referred to someone as ''coloured'', double standards I am thinking. Anyway, we''ll see if your last prediction was just a flash in the pan or actual knowledge wont we if this one comes through.[/quote]

Disabled and immigrants was what was said, and since when was coloured not correct?

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Can''t believe after

you got all high and mighty about someone having a go at immigrants,

you referred to someone as ''coloured'', double standards I am thinking.

Anyway, we''ll see if your last prediction was just a flash in the pan

or actual knowledge wont we if this one comes through.[/quote]

Disabled and immigrants was what was said, and since when was coloured not correct?

[/quote]

Since about 1992...

On similar lines though, I was reminded at the weekend that if Shola

does sign for us then we have to make sure his nickname is Carl Cort...

There was going to be an annoucement at half time on Saturday for a prem striker coming on loan for a few months to get fit for the coming season, after spending most of his time injured last season. Big name striker as well from a small club up Manchester area. Not Man utd or Man city.  Not saying who though in case its back on. 

You were referring to them as colored in 1992?  Assuming this is about people of sub-Saharn heritage, we dropped the term colored in the 1970s.  The politically correct term for them is now African American, as in I just bought a new African American television for the living room.

[quote user="Badcanary"]There was going to be an annoucement at half time on Saturday for a prem striker coming on loan for a few months to get fit for the coming season, after spending most of his time injured last season. Big name striker as well from a small club up Manchester area. Not Man utd or Man city.  Not saying who though in case its back on. [/quote]Jason Roberts from Blackburn?