Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who will we sell to finance our transfer spree & budget deficit?

It happens almost every year.

Why not this year?

Where else will the money come from?

From what I hear it''s some combination of Lappin, Croft, Drury and Marshall.

OTBC

It''s a fair question BBB.  There''s still a month to go before the window closes.

One thing I would put money on: if players are sold it won''t happen until after the first game of the season, when it will be too late for fans to cancel their season tickets . . .

I wonder what it would take for people to want to cancel their season tickets[:^)]

How many players would we have to sell before you''d consider it?

Would selling The Doc tempt you to seek a refund? Or would it have to be a striker like Jamie Lad?

It''s an interesting point .. what would make you seek a refund Fat?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hard question, eh?

[:(]

OTBC

[/quote]

Indeed, unless one of us has a crystal ball in front of us and can tell us what happens in the future, I''m not sure it''s going to be answered. You know that, I know that, it''s just more negativity clogging up the board.

KB

Hard question, eh?

OTBC

[/quote]Please don''t bump your own threads. We are capable of replying on our own, thank you.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wonder what it would take for people to want to cancel their season tickets[:^)]

Would selling The Doc tempt you to seek a refund? Or would it have to be a striker like Jamie Lad?

[/quote]

It is an interesting point as you say nutty.  But it''s no use asking me - I cancelled mine two years ago.

Must keep marshall! keepers r at a premium this year, and this hungarian while he may be a better gabor Kiraly! doesn''t inspire much confidence. Drury sale is a big no-no, berties only here til Jan n drury is potentially our best perm defender. Croft i could deal with, but i still think he has unfinished business, he looked class at plenty of moments last season, and jus needs tweaking a bit and he''ll be awesome for us. Lappin, well it''s up to him really, i like him, but understand we''ve got better options now and aren''t so threadbare down the left like we were when he was playing. Hope he does well away from us n doesn''t jus stick around for the inital monetary gain, he could do well in a less demanding league like the SPL! (not entirely meant in a bad way, it''s just a different league which suits him more)

something has changed about croft,does not seem the same player he was,i do rate him but i think a move would do him good and we could get around 500k for him. lappin poor bugger seems to be paying for a bad couple of games when glenn came in so i think he will go as well,maybe 250k.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hard question, eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

Please don''t bump your own threads. We are capable of replying on our own, thank you.
[/quote]

OT i know but, The Alan Grey ?   gardening consultant for Archant and contributor to the SUNDAY supplement in tomorrow''s EDP ???

[quote user="Grando"]Only one of those players would command a half-decent transfer fee.[/quote]

And Motherwell can''t afford Lappin''s wages unless he is prepared to take a 50 per cent cut.

Who knows?

Why not this year?

OTBC

[/quote]

And who do you hear that from? Exactl;y.

Anyway I wouldn''t mind if we got rid of Croft and Lappin (although unlucky here)

Why not this year?

OTBC

[/quote]

You may well know better but who has come in for any of them, aside from the ever hopeful Motherwell for Lappin whose wage bill (at just over £2m) is the lowest in the SPL?

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hard question, eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

Please don''t bump your own threads. We are capable of replying on our own, thank you.
[/quote]

OT i know but, The Alan Grey ?   gardening consultant for Archant and contributor to the SUNDAY supplement in tomorrow''s EDP ???

[/quote]

You know TOO much!

KB

As it stands today the club doesn''t need to sell anyone. What makes you think we do? Gutted you were wrong? desperate to stir up another lie?Its true, the club may ''choose'' to sell Croft to Wigan, but it doesn''t have to.Go back to Ipswich Arthur..... cheer on Nugent.

If Doc hadn''t got injured then I think we may have sold Shackell for the £1M on offer from Wolves.

Lappin is almost a cert to leave and I wouldn''t be suprised at either Croft or Chadwick going once Bell is fit.

I also think we may sell off another centre mid player (possibly Russell) - those rumours of Gibbs returning just won''t go away.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]As it stands today the club doesn''t need to sell anyone. What makes you think we do?

Gutted you were wrong? desperate to stir up another lie?

Its true, the club may ''choose'' to sell Croft to Wigan, but it doesn''t have to.

Go back to Ipswich Arthur..... cheer on Nugent.
[/quote]

Arthur hasn''t even posted on this thread you sad man.

Why not this year?

OTBC

[/quote]

The kitchen franchise would be a start........

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Why not this year?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Class!

I would say the best thing Delia could sell would be the club.......

yep, its the time of year when doncasters black hole starts to gape alarmingly, and wants feeding...ouch!!!as for selling, its always the players you want to keep, cos they''re the gooduns...yep, just as francis went last minute leaving us with the mighty charlton running midfield (cringe) its gonna be the ones most tricky to replace???imo marshall (although next year is more likely if he continues to improve) could go, rusty (although the early summer rumours have quietened) defo drury (esp if he can''t get first choice guarantee off roedy)...i can''t see anyone coming in for croft - if they did for £1m then bite their hand off, cos he hasn''t trained on well enough imo...why is lappin still here - and why do we want a fee for a player who cost us £100k and is well outa favour ans according to the motherwell manager is on a nice whack with us - get the wee boy off the flaming wage bill i''d say...no-one came in for the doc when he was a free agent and fit, now he''s signed up and crocked it''s highly unlikely, and aside from mick, theres been no further interest in shax...fraid we''ve sold all the gooduns of real worth in past seasons?<>

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]As it stands today the club doesn''t need to sell anyone. What makes you think we do?

Gutted you were wrong? desperate to stir up another lie?

Its true, the club may ''choose'' to sell Croft to Wigan, but it doesn''t have to.

Go back to Ipswich Arthur..... cheer on Nugent.
[/quote]

croft to wigan? did not know anything about that,that will bump his price up

Evening All,

This is my second post on here.  So I''ve got no idea what mood/feelings you guys have about the mighty Yellows.

On this subject, I''d say that we''ve got rid of most of our assets as well as the dross!!  The only players we can get anything from I think is Lappin (he is and always be a squad player), Chadwick (too ugly to don the might Yellow shirt and has injuries issues, these haven''t been fully put to the test) and doherty.

Their wages alone should offer opportunties??

[quote user="Fat Pineapple"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

It is an interesting point as you say nutty.  But it''s no use asking me - I cancelled mine two years ago.

[/quote]

I''ll have to ask whoever came off the waiting list then Fat..

Howabout you Babes? What sale would make you stop going to Carrow Road [:^)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]But we might have a fantastic promotion season Bly....but in January you get totalled by a Norfolk Green bus and miss it.[/quote]

Good point Rudy.

Now. January? More likely a blue bus I''d say. In Gorleston - maybe? In the High Street opposite Arthur Jary''s  would be convenient, methinks.

Ah well. Comes to all of us - but then I might just miss a relegation meltdown instead. Who knows? Apart from Nutty of course.

One love.

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Hard question, eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really Alan. Would you have?

2 replies when I bumped it up; and now a total of 29 posts since.[:)]

One love.

Bump![:P]

OTBC

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]Great idea, that would be half a million profit each year gone just like that. Genius!