Sign in to follow this  
SAFU2007

Our first 9 games...

I thought I''d have a look over our games in Aug & Sept and work out what I thought would be a reasonable points tally:-

A Coventry: 1 point possibly

H Blackpool: 3 points to be expected

A Cardiff: 1 point?

H Birmingham: 1 point if we''re lucky

A Plymouth: 1 point?

H QPR: 1 point if we''re lucky

H Sheff Utd: 1 point?

A Barnsley: 1 point good result?

A Southampton: again another 1 point good result?

My point here is that based on the team we currently have, the fact the boys have had so little time together and that we don''t yet have a striker of any real quality and even if we do get one in the next 6 days, will that really turn an average team into a great team, with all this pondered, the only game where I would expect 3 points is at home to Blackpool.

On my guesses above we would have 11 points ( at best ) from a possible 27 putting us somewhere around 12-18th in the table and probably something like 10-12 points off the top. I like to think i''m pretty optimistic when it comes to it and I really thought we would be in with a shout this year, however, I would like you all to do what I have and make your own predictions for our first 9 games and see what you end up with......

I''m not going to fall from my passionate and sometimes overly optimistic stance in my support for City but for the first time i''m getting a bit concerned. If my expectations of 11 points ( at best ) proves to be in the right region, then are we heading toward another season of struggle? What would the repercussions be if by the end of Sept we have 11 points?

Tell me your honest thoughts on the 1st 9 games, how many points do you think we''ll have?

I think the Championship is hard to predict. We could just as easily be turned over by Blackpool at Carrow Road as we could turn over Birmingham.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think the Championship is hard to predict. We could just as easily be turned over by Blackpool at Carrow Road as we could turn over Birmingham.
[/quote]

I agree, I have no idea what will happen, that''s why the start of the season is so great. 

I''m not alluding to an unbeaten run, just a guess as to what we could expect from each game at best.....

A Coventry: 1 point

H Blackpool: 3 points

A Cardiff: 1 point

H Birmingham: defeat, albeit narrow

A Plymouth: 3 points (roeder will remember last year and will use that for motivation)

H QPR: 3 points (QPR may be the new leicester)

H Sheff Utd: 1 point

A Barnsley: 3 points (c''mon its barnsley)

A Southampton: 1 point

I make that 16 points, and not too unrealistic really

Coventry (A) - 1 point

Blackpool (H) - 3 points

Cardiff (A) - 3 points

Birmingham (H) - 1 point

Plymouth (A) - 0 points

QPR (H) - 3 points

Sheff Utd (H) - 3 points

Barnsley (A) - 1 point

Southampton (A) - o points

15 points

Coventry (A) - 0Blackpool (H) - 3Cardiff (A) - 0Birmingham (H) - 0Plymouth (A) - 1Qpr (H) - 1Sheff Utd (H) - 0Barnsley (A) - 3Southampton (A) - 0

I say give a team 10 league games before you judge them but having played 9 we can all see this set of players may not keep us up.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST