Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Steffan Iversson on his way?

The media  in Norway are reporting that Iversson is wanted by an unnamed Championship club, but are unwilling to sell untill they can get a replacement in........

Plus check this out..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3000087,00.html

6ft 1". Very strong in the air, links play up well and scores goals.

Draw any conclusions you want, but my guess is Steff will  be the first  Norwegian to don the green and yellow since Erik Fuglestad.

The Wrath are speculating this too. Would be a good signing, but he may have banged a few in in Norway, but when he was at Spurs and Wolves, he wasn''t exactly prolific.

Believe it or not I saw a bloke wearing a very old shirt with ''Iverson'' on the back in the City yesterday - could have been a Spurs fans staying over after Monday''s game.  For some reason it really caught my eye.  Premonition?? 

I would love to see him join us... I thought he was a great player when at spurs and scored some good and vital goals for them... Prefferably sign him on a one year deal with an option to extend?

Not happy with this, he played with Wolves in the Championship and was terrible. Obviously I am willing to be proved wrong, but at the moment I am not impressed.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Not happy with this, he played with Wolves in the Championship and was terrible. Obviously I am willing to be proved wrong, but at the moment I am not impressed.[/quote]

think he had lots of injurys that year, dont think wolves saw the best of him if hes over them now could be good

I would love to know when this story in Norway came out...

If this recent story of Norwegian media claiming he is wanted by an unnamed Champ club in the past few days, then... it may make the 14 day estimate a realistic length of time for them to get a new striker in before selling him on... if however it came out today, Glenn''s 7 - 14 day period has been running for a few days already and may mean the math doesn''t work out...

Could prove to be a very interesting 2 weeks ahead! Any idea when this Norway report was released?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Not happy with this, he played with Wolves in the Championship and was terrible. Obviously I am willing to be proved wrong, but at the moment I am not impressed.[/quote]Might be wrong but I thought he was only with Wolves when they were in the Prem in 03/04.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I would love to know when this story in Norway came out...

If this recent story of Norwegian media claiming he is wanted by an unnamed Champ club in the past few days, then... it may make the 14 day estimate a realistic length of time for them to get a new striker in before selling him on... if however it came out today, Glenn''s 7 - 14 day period has been running for a few days already and may mean the math doesn''t work out...

Could prove to be a very interesting 2 weeks ahead! Any idea when this Norway report was released?[/quote]

This came out today/yesterday in the norwegian media. http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2008/07/30/542223.html#comments_container. But it has been a rumour for a while. It''s just today Rosenborg confirms that there is interest from a championship club.I realy hope this is true! I''ve seen Iversen in a lot of games for Rosenborg recent years and he''s a quality striker with good skills.

[quote user="Fat Pineapple"]

Believe it or not I saw a bloke wearing a very old shirt with ''Iverson'' on the back in the City yesterday - could have been a Spurs fans staying over after Monday''s game.  For some reason it really caught my eye.  Premonition?? 

[/quote]

Na it was me mate sorry

Interesting that it came out officially today or yesterday, assuming there is speculation and contact before it gets to the press then Glenn''s 7 to 14 day expectation fits this lad :)

I hope so, 7 to 14 days is enough to get a new striker and sell Steffan on right?

I really hope so, experienced player, great goal scoring record in top flight :)

This is, for me, unbelievably intriguing (for reasons I''ve mentioned before). Just e-mailed my relation to see if there''s any news - they hadn''t heard anything last time. Although I would have thought his wages would have precluded a move, I think there may be strong personal reasons to bring him to the UK (but surely footballers only ever think of money, I hear you say?).I also believe he wasn''t particularly happy at Wolves....... Another factoid: his Mercedes Barabas broke down on his way home from Wolves at a service station. He stopped for petrol & the electronic key wouldn''t let him back in - bloody thing had to be towed away! Got back by train at 4 a.m.      

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Interesting that it came out officially today or yesterday, assuming there is speculation and contact before it gets to the press then Glenn''s 7 to 14 day expectation fits this lad :)

I hope so, 7 to 14 days is enough to get a new striker and sell Steffan on right?

I really hope so, experienced player, great goal scoring record in top flight :)[/quote]

Rosenborg, Iversens current club are on the verge of signing american striker Kenny Cooper. I''m guessing they are waiting for this transfer to go through before anything more happens regarding Iversen.

Another cheap option , Bristol City splash out £2 million on a striker Forest splash out nearly £4million on two strikers , we get some old has been and a kiddie on loan , and the sad thing is most will still say they are happy .In a word its pathetic we would struggle to compete in the transfer market in League 1 .

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=197613

Ok, this is in Norwegian, so you probably won''t understand much :) This is taken from Norway biggest paper late yesterday evening..

It basically says Iversen is wanted by a club in the championship, but does not reveal which. His club Rosenborg say it''s not gonna happen before he is replaced though...So there u have it..Wonder if it''s Norwich?

From Tore Raaen in Norway.

Probably because he has already hit his peak and has died down a little bit since his years at Spurs etc... his age also being 31, I wonder how many more years he has in the tank. He all disliked the signing of Dublin because he was too old and too past his peak, and look what he came and did for us...

If we sign him, we do what a true fan does and give him a chance to show us what he can do :)

Steffen or Chris Martin? There we go...

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]I REALLY hope it isn''t Iversson. Again if he was that good why aren''t more clubs after him?[/quote]

Because he wants to play for Glenn Roeder, possibly ?  Here''s a thought, maybe, just maybe, we can offer something other clubs don''t.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]I REALLY hope it isn''t Iversson. Again if he was that good why aren''t more clubs after him?[/quote]

Because he wants to play for Glenn Roeder, possibly ?  Here''s a

thought, maybe, just maybe, we can offer something other clubs don''t.

[/quote]

1st Wizard?

I now have a mole (of impeccable pedigree).Basically, it''s all true. NCFC have made 2 offers, but Rosenborg won''t budge until they have a replacement.He (& his family) are desperate for him to come back. Needless to say, I''ve been bigging up Norwich! But I don''t think they need convincing.Whatever, I should be the first to know if anything definite happens. I''ll let you know.

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]I REALLY hope it isn''t Iversson. Again if he was that good why aren''t more clubs after him?[/quote]That old chestnut!This should be paired with the one that says "WHY AREN''T we in for (insert player name)? Our scouts are useless!" - and then filed under ''I''m too lazy to think of a useful response to this thread, but I really want to post something!''Perhaps Norwich are improving their networking and picking up on possible transfers that have passed under the radar of other teams? Iversen has 3 years left on a contract with a team who regularly play top European competitions. The comparison with Dublin arriving from Celtic is a good one and Steffen is 5/6 years younger than Dion was when Worthy signed him. Iversen is still scoring loads for Rosenborg - 17 in 24 games 2006, 13 in 23 games in 2007 and 7 in 11 so far this year. Each season the leading goal scorer for his team. He also remains in the Norwegian international squad, where he has a good record of 19 goals from 71 games, playing against top defenders.Steffen only wants to cut short his time in Norway because his English wife would prefer to move back to England. This looks like a great opportunity to bring some much needed experience and goal-scoring form to the team. I hope this one happens.Iversen and Lupoli? Could be like Iwan and Bellers...