Sign in to follow this  
Clint

We Are Rubish!

The way you are so willing to support the team while it again goes back on promises to sign significant players and spend big money to give us a shot at promotion suggests that the answer to the title question is yes.

Yes, you are a bunch of rubes, making you rubish.  

Top post Clint. I mean ignore the fact the squad has only just come together. And that they''re working under new individuals on new regimes. And that we''ve seen them play in pre-season games. Which mean nothing. We''re rubbish - Clint has spoken and it must be true!Absolute tosh. Let''s look at the team that faced Barnet vs the team likely to be our first team when we get everyone fit and firing;Pos    Barnet      CoventryGK    Marshall   MarshallDR    Semi         OmozusiDL    Drury        BertrandDC    Shacks     KennedyDC    Doc          StefanovicMR   Croft         CroftML    Lappin       HoolahanMC   Russell       ClinganMC   Fozzy         FozzyFW   Curo           LupoliFW   Brown        ????Now, while I appreciate Lappin was only playing against Barnet as Hucks was injured, you have to say that on paper that team is improved in all areas, IMO. Given the chance to gel and work together, I''m confident things will go well. It may well mean, though, we have a bit of a slow start.

I hate to say it, but I told you so! 

Everything about my original post way back before the start of the season has in-fact been proven to be correct, even the ''pretty average'' Spurs quote.  The only thing incorrect about my post was the spelling and literacy but I''d had a couple of shandys at the time, so can be forgiven.  It''s actually quite amusing looking back at the replies from the deluded optimists, I wonder how many of you still feel the same way now???

For all those posters that replied with abuse or sarcasm, I will gladly provide you with a spoon so that you can humbly eat your words!!!   

[quote user="Clint"]

Everything about my original post way back before the start of the season has in-fact been proven to be correct, even the ''pretty average'' Spurs quote.  The only thing incorrect about my post was the spelling and literacy but I''d had a couple of shandys at the time, so can be forgiven.  It''s actually quite amusing looking back at the replies from the deluded optimists, I wonder how many of you still feel the same way now???

For all those posters that replied with abuse or sarcasm, I will gladly provide you with a spoon so that you can humbly eat your words!!!   

[/quote]Yeah, you must be really proud of yourself.

[quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]

People shouldn''t be chastised for having a little faith and a faint glimmer of hope IMO.  Lot''s have woken up since then, me included.

You don''t hate saying I told you so at all, so why bother saying you hate saying it?

It probably gave you a great deal of pleasure, however that pleasure surely has to be short lived seeing we could be deep in the brown stuff.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]

People shouldn''t be chastised for having a little faith and a faint glimmer of hope IMO.  Lot''s have woken up since then, me included.

You don''t hate saying I told you so at all, so why bother saying you hate saying it?

It probably gave you a great deal of pleasure, however that pleasure surely has to be short lived seeing we could be deep in the brown stuff.

[/quote]

WRONG!  I guarentee Clint would loved to have been completely wrong and we were top 2 right now )and I don''t know the guy). To suggest otherwise indicates a lot of negative things about your attitude toward the team and its lack of effort over the past 4 seasons.

Last year, I fully expected us to suck badly, but hoped to hell I was wrong about Grant. I took no pleasure in being correct.  I bet Clint is the same.

I wouldn''t worry. When i first started posting on here a couple of years back most people bar a couple [Smudge,Cluck, Bly] thought i was crackers and on a wind up but i saw this coming during our Prem season.

I''m not one to say i told you so........But.......[;)]