Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Gunn

My week: Towergates Peter Cullum

Interesting. I tend to believe him - I know I have no reason to, but he comes across as genuine. I suspect Delia just didn''t want to let go.

A crying shame. Sounds like he would have been a great guy to have in charge. And however promising the new signings look I think we need much bigger investment if we are to move up a level. Cullum could have offered us that - I don''t think Delia and Michael can.

Ho hum.

Only one bit worth reading...

And I can’t allow the week to go by without mentioning Norwich City Football Club, which seems to have been the only thing in the press in Norfolk all week! Ultimately Delia Smith really wasn’t for doing the deal, so we politely withdrew on Thursday evening. Disappointing, but there you are. She’s done fantastic things for the club, and she clearly wasn’t quite ready to hand over the reins. And my bankers think it’s a fantastic outcome!

I must say I believe him aswel.

Delia cant expect anything other than discontent from the fans, after all she said that if she turned down an offer from a billionaire who wanted to put 20m into the club on the playing side the fans wouldnt forgive her. She said this on that radoio interview that was posted on here a few weeks ago.

Oh well, hopeffuly it wil happen some time.

Delia interview  If anyone missed it the first time it was posted.

[quote user="Grando"]Interesting. I tend to believe him - I know I have no reason to, but he comes across as genuine. I suspect Delia just didn''t want to let go. A crying shame. Sounds like he would have been a great guy to have in charge. And however promising the new signings look I think we need much bigger investment if we are to move up a level. Cullum could have offered us that - I don''t think Delia and Michael can. Ho hum.[/quote]

You are so right, I think GR has done fantastic with the signings he''s achieved on a shoestring, but it will always be a case of what could have been. Here''s hoping PC does get involved sometime in the not so distant future.

I say it sounds totally like sour grapes to me from PC.  Delia won''t let go... Or Delia wouldn''t let me have it for nothing...?.. Because I was never that serious about "taking over"!I''m totally unsure if he ever really "wanted" NCFC or just thought it''d be a good way to ruffle some feathers.Oh well, for me, I don''t really care what PC says next, because its bound to come from his rear end!!...On the Ball!

I still think there is a "corporate game" going on here but I think the one bit of comfort City supporters might draw from all this is that if the club ever did hit really bad times I don''t think he would stand by and let it go under.   Think of him as being like Gandalf perhaps - disappears for long periods of time but has a habit of turning up when most needed.