Sign in to follow this  
Arganth

Trophy presentation...

With the news that the the trophy will not be awarded at Crewe (if we''ve won it!), and will instead be awarded at the civic reception / parade, surely it''s now time to reassess the itinerary for May 10th? As it stands, the parade starts nowhere special, ends nowhere special and seems (to me) ill-thought, as anyone on the parade route will not see the trophy presented, and if everyone makes their way to City Hall there''ll noone on the route and a possible safety risk in front of City Hall.

To my mind, the ideal scenario would be to have the civic reception bit at City Hall as planned, then wind through the streets to Carrow Road. Carrow Road would have a big podium in the middle of the pitch, and seats on the remaining pitch area. Give it 45 minutes to allow anyone on the parade route to take their seats, then bring the players and management out to the podium and present it there.

The away area in the new stand would not need segregating, therefore the ground would be packed out, the club could sell the spare seats and everybody would be able to see the trophy lifted.

If there''s anyone from the council or the club reading, please please rethink the plans as I strongly feel the potential is not being realised of quite a celebratory and unique situation. Perhaps a friendly journo from Archant may be able to pick this up and take it on?

What are everyone''s thoughts????

I agree…selling out Carrow Road for the presentation of the trophy, would be great!
It would make it an even more amazing day! I suggest we contact the club with ideas, because the current plans seem to be strange, to say the least.
Anybody else agree with Scott’s ideas? If so, let the club know.

I agree, there isn''t an open space large enough in the city centre to accomodate all the fans who would want to see the presentation. Another alternative would be a park. But CR 4 ME

You''re quite right Scott.

Do you remember the fiasco when England rugger team won the World Cup? They had the parade on a Monday about two weeks later when everybody was at work!!! The sign of a country so un-used to winning things they did''t know how to celebrate! Australia would have had a national holiday.

I hope Norwich FC and the Council think this through properly as I''d hate to see this amazing season finished off in a farce.

Unfortunately the celebration can''t be at Carrow Road as the pitch is to be pulled up next week. I would have thought this could be delayed for 10 days, and by selling tickets for a fiver a piece any delays in the process would be more than covered.

However, the current plans and route etc CANNOT be right - I for one will feel very unhappy if I can''t see my team lift the championship thanks to some shortsighted planning....hang on, this is Norwich City Council we''re talking about.....we''re screwed.

Yeah but the council will not be bothered because all the top knobs from the council will be in the back room of the balcony and will take all their families to meet the players etc and have probably not even attended a game in their lives. They would not give a monkies about the real fans as long as they get their 5 minutes of glory meeting the players.

i am sure when pulling the pitch up was planned the likelihood of us being crowned champions was not even an issue

suits at carra, you have to rethink your plans, surely the grass can wait a week - whatever you have to pay the subcontractors for a delay, there is ample time to do the work and the grass to be ready for july, trust me i am a gardener!! (no charlie dimmock jokes please)

if the trophy is presented at city hall, i have to agree with nav man, just a few officials will witness it and those lucky enough to be able to sit outside all monday afternoon in the market area. The route is, as discussed both short and sweet (due i guess to road closure legislation)

this sort of celebration doesn''t happen every day and as someone pointed out, we are so used not to winning things the whole farce of organising a public gathering is witnessed and mistakes only learnt too late

club officials must act now to ensure real fans get to see the occasion, not councillors who couldn''t even tell you the words to OTBC