Sign in to follow this  
geo374

4 signings to come

The Sunday People (I know, that bastion of fact!) is stating that Glenn Roeder is promising a further 4 signings to come! If John Kennedy and the keeper previously mentioned are two, here''s hoping that a couple of forwards are the others!

If that is so we could see a couple of players go the other way to fund a big forward. Shackell could be on his way now we have Kennedy and I guess Croft or Russell may be allowed to leave for the correct brass. Just my opinion. Any thoughts?

[quote user="Man-E-Faces"]If that is so we could see a couple of players go the other way to fund a big forward. Shackell could be on his way now we have Kennedy and I guess Croft or Russell may be allowed to leave for the correct brass. Just my opinion. Any thoughts?[/quote]

If Wolves still want to pay a million for Shackell, we should take it now.

He said that a week ago, to be fair, before Bell and Kennedy signed.I''m expecting that we''ll sign a keeper and 2 strikers yet - to make 5 from when he said it.

[quote user="Fergie"]

[quote user="Man-E-Faces"]If that is so we could see a couple of players go the other way to fund a big forward. Shackell could be on his way now we have Kennedy and I guess Croft or Russell may be allowed to leave for the correct brass. Just my opinion. Any thoughts?[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t think Shacks will be leaving. With Doc, Shack, Stefanovic and Kennedy we have full cover in that area, but with Kennedy''s questionable knee I don''t think it would be the best idea to get rid of Shacks as cover.That said, £1m for a backup player would mean that we could delve back into the market for another CB... I guess we''ll see!

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="Fergie"]

[/quote]

I don''t think Shacks will be leaving. With Doc, Shack, Stefanovic and Kennedy we have full cover in that area, but with Kennedy''s questionable knee I don''t think it would be the best idea to get rid of Shacks as cover.

That said, £1m for a backup player would mean that we could delve back into the market for another CB... I guess we''ll see!
[/quote]

It really depends on who was bought with the money. I think we could sign a better CB than Shackell for a million, if we got that much for him.

Kennedy is only a loan is he not? I think it would be foolish to sell Shackell just to allow a loan to take his place. I think Spillane would be the more obvious to go in that department as he is not likely to get ahead of those four and almost certain not to feature in midfield.

4 centre backs!!!! That means if any of them forgets how to run without falling over (shoc and dacks last season) they might..........just might.........not get selected for the next match.(shoc and dacks last season) Also John Kennedy , if his knee goes, will he go down "like he''s been shot?" Back and to the right..........back and to the right.

For those urging that we sell Shackell, please remember that Kennedy will be with us only to January at the latest. So, unless we are going to lash out for a CD at a time when players are expensive (- other sides know you are desperate), or find another CD loan player, we may need Shackell and Doc to partner Stefanovich and to be in reserve for in jury.It is true that "Osmosis" seems able to play at CD, but that then leaves us with little cover at RB. We still have a very small squad, and at times when you can have four or more players out with suspensions and various injuries, we need all the cover we can get, - even Eagle or Pattison at LB?There are one or two players in the squad whom we would describe as "squad players only". If any of them would fetch any sort of price, then we have to ask ourselves, "How much would it cost us to buy someone better?"

4 centre backs!!!! That means if any of them forgets how to run without falling over (shoc and dacks last season) they might..........just might.........not get selected for the next match.(shoc and dacks last season) Also John Kennedy , if his knee goes, will he go down "like he''s been shot?" Back and to the right..........back and to the right.

[quote user="Jelly"]Also John Kennedy , if his knee goes, will he go down "like he''s been shot?" Back and to the right..........back and to the right.[/quote]Yes - 1 gunman form the 4th floor of the hotel, with a second gunman behind the snakepit.(Neil Adams?)