Sign in to follow this  
Jelly

Shoc and Dacks.

Despite our reasonable ''goals conceeded'' tally last season Shoc n Dacks didn''t have the best of seasons. Ginger Pele occassionally forgot which sport he was playing with his kicking for touch and his beautifully timed tap tackles. (Still) young Jase can still wriggle out under the "learning his trade" loophole but in my book a good center back should not have a normal shaped face for very long. The more a CB looks like Steve Bruce the more I rate him. Shacks is too pretty. Fact.

Anyway despite Docs'' secret trial for Hull KR during certain games last season and despite Shacks boyish good looks betraying a lack of Steve Bruce style bravery they remain in our squad. With the croatian fella ( i love croatians footballers- mental) and JFK added we will no longer have to play someone who had a shocker last match. On such levels of competition are title challenges founded.  I would not be suprised if shoc and dacks keep their place in team this season but to do so they will need to improve and thats only gonna benefit NCFC.Anyway -  did you here the one about Dave Kitson being sold for 5 and a half million?

[quote user="Jelly"]

(Still) young Jase can still wriggle out under the "learning his trade" loophole

[/quote]Really?  He made his first team debut in 2004-5... that''s four seasons and he should have learned at least how to head a ball in the intended direction by now.  Remember Kryten from Red Dwarf?  That''s how Shackell''s head is shaped.  Boing - over there... boing - over there...

He actually made his debut two season earlier... he''s, what, 24 years old now? And he''s not really any better than he was when he first broke into the team.

So Shacks might not actually pull off his "I''m still learning my trade" defence. That was not my main point. If Shoc and Dacks manage to remain first choice CBs then they are going to have to improve cos we got a proper replacement for both of them. Feel the winds of change blow. Costa del Colney has fallen and we won''t be calling "halluu Neil" to howl with outrage at another spineless capitulation next season. You mark my words......................