Sign in to follow this  
Fergie

Re: John Kennedy signs for us - report

A mate of mine is a celtic fan, and he says that Kennedy was pure class before his injury - easily their best defender.Just depends if he can get back to the form he was showing prior to ripping his knee inside out (ewwwww)...

I think you''ll find that, if we get Kennedy, we''ll still only have 4 loanees on our books.  Or have you forgotten about Marshall, Semmy, Shacks, Doc, Drury, Stefanovic, Hoolahan, Pattison, Rusty, Fozzy, Clingan, Bell, Croft, Chadwick, Cureton and Martin... with probably another 3 permanent players to be added?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think you''ll find that, if we get Kennedy, we''ll still only have 4 loanees on our books.  Or have you forgotten about Marshall, Semmy, Shacks, Doc, Drury, Stefanovic, Hoolahan, Pattison, Rusty, Fozzy, Clingan, Bell, Croft, Chadwick, Cureton and Martin... with probably another 3 permanent players to be added?[/quote]I don''t think anyone ever let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think you''ll find that, if we get Kennedy, we''ll still only have 4 loanees on our books.  Or have you forgotten about Marshall, Semmy, Shacks, Doc, Drury, Stefanovic, Hoolahan, Pattison, Rusty, Fozzy, Clingan, Bell, Croft, Chadwick, Cureton and Martin... with probably another 3 permanent players to be added?[/quote]I don''t think anyone ever let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

[/quote]Exactly!  Wiz has done it over 6000 times.    Facts just get in the way and its best if you just ignore them.

Delighted with this. Our defence looks very good now. The midfield looks strong and competitive. Just the strikeforce needing some sorting out now. Glenn has done well. Im optimistic that we will finish in the top 8.

Shacks,Doc,Pattison,Fozzy,Croft,Chadwick,Cureton and Martin sums up nicely what i was saying , our permanent players just are not good enough and need replacing with permanent players that are up to scratch , instead of trying to cover up the mess with a few loans.Take the strikers we own Cureton ,Martin and Renton if theres a club with worse in the Championship i would be amazed.

Haha according to the discussion, one of the Celtic fans said we were turning into Celtic Reserves, what with Kennedy, Fotheringham, Marshall, and then he mentioned Camara and Dublin.

Should hopefully be a good signing so long as he doesn''t get a recurrence of the injury.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Eurgh sorry, are you Murray in disguise? Funny how everyone said how good he was before he came. We need a reliable CB and he doesn''t fit the bill. I''d love to be proved wrong.[/quote]

shut up

[/quote]

You shut up you prick I can have an opinion if I want. Grow up.

[/quote]to be fair bump... do you know much about kennedy? because i do i can tell you there is a world of difference between murrey and kennedy... just cos you maybe don''t know anything about him doesn''t make him unreliable... only issue is that knee of his... he had a really bad injury which would have caused him to retire a few years ago... as long as that knee holds up, we have a winner... kennedy from what i have seen is better than the doc and shack... no disrespect to them...

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Shacks,Doc,Pattison,Fozzy,Croft,Chadwick,Cureton and Martin sums up nicely what i was saying , our permanent players just are not good enough and need replacing with permanent players that are up to scratch , instead of trying to cover up the mess with a few loans.Take the strikers we own Cureton ,Martin and Renton if theres a club with worse in the Championship i would be amazed.[/quote]what''s your point? do you know how much it would cost to sign all those loan players? i would say a million each there or there abouts let alone their wages... we cannot afford to buy that sort of quality... its bare fact... i''m pleased we are using the loan system like the likes of birmingham did two seasons back.... look at watford... signed players on high wages to attact them there full time... they''re in all sorts of mess... the loan system is there to be used... we are using it and making the best out of it... who is to say IF we did a birmingham and get promoted with the like of bertrand playing a major part...that we wouldn''t then sign them... sadly money talks... we don''t have much and need to improve the squad... thank god for roeders connections and the loan system...

On a slightly different note, why are we hearing this from a source like the beeb first before the official site? They even have a quote from him saying how much he''s looking forward to it quite incredibly. What''s going on with the club''s media team this summer?

[quote user="Mark Smith"]On a slightly different note, why are we hearing this from a source like the beeb first before the official site? They even have a quote from him saying how much he''s looking forward to it quite incredibly. What''s going on with the club''s media team this summer?[/quote]Do you really expect them to have someone working at the club on a sunday?  I mean, they''d have to pay them double time and everything.  

Just saw news.Kennedy was absolute class before the knee injury and will be a great signing.Hopefully a new striker will follow soon and finally silence the prophets of doom!

Looking at the worrying side, we have to hope that knee holds up, but on the plus side, Celtic have to rate the player VERY highly to retain him through nearly 4 years on the books injured!

Sensible from our point of view that it is a loan move too.

EG. Say he is worth 750k-1M - sensible for us to see how his injury holds up with a loan deal and the look at again in Jan - works both ways for Celtic too - we can both assess him and have a view what his true value is to them and us.

Also, I hope we have a clause that in the event of the knee breaking down he can be returned to sender wages and all. Only sensible.

I wonder why the BBC and SkySportsNews have confirmed it, but not the pinkun/official website?

Im guessing there just a bit behind!

Oh well, hope hes a good signing, i should think the door for shacks to leave is now open!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

I wonder why the BBC and SkySportsNews have confirmed it, but not the pinkun/official website?

Oh well, hope hes a good signing, i should think the door for shacks to leave is now open!

[/quote]Probably somehting to do with it being a Sunday

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="CanaryRyan"]

[/quote]
Probably somehting to do with it being a Sunday
[/quote]

Oh yea, didnt think of that mate, cheers

I''m glad we''ve got another centre half, temporarily at least, but I''m a little bit wary of this one after having had an eight month injury lay-off. I can''t see him seriously challenging Doc, Shacks or Stefanovich for a regular spot until January but I would of course like to be proved wrong. Hopefully, that knee of his will hold up fine.

I guess Roeder didn''t want to risk him as a permanent buy or until the end of the season - we shall see how it goes for him. It might turn out really well for him, who knows? Naturally, the lad has my backing.

We still need three more. An experienced keeper as back-up for Marshall and two athletic target men (not Steve Howard, please no - not for £1.25m anyway!! ).

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle,MBE, Lord of the Haymarket"]Never heard of him. Wish him all the best though.[/quote???? Says it all.Well done the board, money well spent - again

Well reading the reports it seems as though Celtic want him playing regular football so i would guess we must have agreed to that , cannot see them letting him come here to sit on the bench as back up when their main aim is to get the player fit with match practice .

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle,MBE, Lord of the Haymarket"]Never heard of him. Wish him all the best though.[/quote[/quote]Take 2......???? Says it all.Well done the board, money well spent - again