Sign in to follow this  
Jelly

Something has changed.

Let''s admit it. Something has changed at Carra Rd. Season after (bitterly disappointing) season I have struggled to force myself to pathetic levels of exitement over our mediocre signings ( chadwick, matty patty, hughesy) or players I''ve never/barely heard of (dave striker, le judge.) This time 12 months ago, 24 months ago,we were all kidding ourselves that we could compete. This year due ,almost solely, to the nasty and hugely ambitious talents of GR we have a team! GR isn''t a son of Norfolk and perhaps because of this he couldn''t understand the desert of ambition which was carra/colney. SuperWes and Bell are arguably the most talented wingers/widemidfielders outside the prem. Fact. Can anyone expain why they have chosen to play here? Please don''t get all "binnerwatch" on me as I love the club passionately, I simply dont understand. I cant wait to watch us play totters and although I''m sure it wont click yet. Despite all the financial malarky things appear to be changing in the only place it matters.............the list of names GR hands to the ref an hour before KO. I got a feeling that GR might just be to Norwich what BC was to Forest and AF was to Man Utd.Unlike Worthy or Grant I''m not sure I would like to be stuck in a lift with GR and that is a truly brilliant thing! 

(Also can anyone remember from last seasons MOTD just how quick Elliot Omazuzi was? Just think if it doesn''t work out for him we will have to make do with the less than sluggish Semmy. SuperWes regulary makes championship players look a little bit silly and Bell was the reason for Lutons recent cup run - always got time and options on the ball.)

Awaiting any geniunely amusing doommongering.

From the Sunday people.......

"Shola Ameobi, who is understood to want to quit St James'' Park, looked his side''s biggest threat but wasted four golden chances."

In the meantime Martin Taylor scores for Brum, says it all really, Roeder hasn''t a clue.

SACK ROEDER AND CLARK NOW!!!!!!!![:@]

[quote user="Jelly"]

Let''s admit it. Something has changed at Carra Rd. Season after (bitterly disappointing) season I have struggled to force myself to pathetic levels of exitement over our mediocre signings ( chadwick, matty patty, hughesy) or players I''ve never/barely heard of (dave striker, le judge.) This time 12 months ago, 24 months ago,we were all kidding ourselves that we could compete. This year due ,almost solely, to the nasty and hugely ambitious talents of GR we have a team! GR isn''t a son of Norfolk and perhaps because of this he couldn''t understand the desert of ambition which was carra/colney. SuperWes and Bell are arguably the most talented wingers/widemidfielders outside the prem. Fact. Can anyone expain why they have chosen to play here? Please don''t get all "binnerwatch" on me as I love the club passionately, I simply dont understand. I cant wait to watch us play totters and although I''m sure it wont click yet. Despite all the financial malarky things appear to be changing in the only place it matters.............the list of names GR hands to the ref an hour before KO. I got a feeling that GR might just be to Norwich what BC was to Forest and AF was to Man Utd.Unlike Worthy or Grant I''m not sure I would like to be stuck in a lift with GR and that is a truly brilliant thing! 

(Also can anyone remember from last seasons MOTD just how quick Elliot Omazuzi was? Just think if it doesn''t work out for him we will have to make do with the less than sluggish Semmy. SuperWes regulary makes championship players look a little bit silly and Bell was the reason for Lutons recent cup run - always got time and options on the ball.)

[/quote]

I think saying Hoolahan and Bell are perhaps the most talented wingers outside of the Premiership is a bit optimistic. It''s not a fact. They are great wingers don''t get me wrong but not the best.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Jelly"]

[/quote]

I think saying Hoolahan and Bell are perhaps the most talented wingers outside of the Premiership is a bit optimistic. It''s not a fact. They are great wingers don''t get me wrong but not the best.

[/quote]

I was going to say the same, how the hell is that a fact? A fact is something that is proven to be true. That is just your opinion, and seems to be a tad biased at that. If they were that fantastic we would have had to fight off a lot of Prem clubs for their signatures, no? "Fact" [^o)]

Arguably. Did you watch SuperWes grace the pitch at Carra Rd last season? Could anyone point out a finer performance by an opponent? Could you Mr Bump?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Jelly"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was going to say the same, how the hell is that a fact? A fact is something that is proven to be true. That is just your opinion, and seems to be a tad biased at that. If they were that fantastic we would have had to fight off a lot of Prem clubs for their signatures, no? "Fact" [^o)]

[/quote]Its a fact that its an arguement that can be made.  As such its pretty vacous.  I could argue that Andy Hughes is the best winger outside the premiership.  It wouldn''t be a very good arguement, but it would be one.

Wes Hoolahan chose Norwich because of the Colney training ground facilities, he had the choice of eight other clubs.  

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Jelly"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are correct of course Bump and Alex but what a shame that you respond to a thoughtful and literate contribution by a new poster with such narrow minded, pedantic nit-picking!!!!

We get the message board we deserve.

Jelly is right as there is a different feel about the Club and for the first time in years there is genuine hope and aspiration.   Glenn has beeen a revelation and is doing something distinctive and effective.  I can''t wait for 16th August and there have been a few seasons since I felt this excited (and I''m a fifty something man with 36 years of supporting City so I''ve seen most things).

I have not been stuck in a lift with Glenn but I knew him when we were boys.  I remember him as most who know him describe him now as being good company but quite determined underneath.  My guess is that like many ruthless business people, he is charming but hard when necessary.  At least he does not appear to share the huge character flaws of his two predecssors and that is good news in itself.

Ive been to colney. Its lovely. However I hugely doubt that Wes chose us solely because of Colney. Think your being bit silly. More likely GR''s burning ambition and competitive salary had something to do with it.

[quote user="Jelly"]Arguably. Did you watch SuperWes grace the pitch at Carra Rd last season? Could anyone point out a finer performance by an opponent? Could you Mr Bump?[/quote]harrison in the barnet goal? lolbut seriously, there have been many great performances. okocha was class. as was gera.there were many great performances last season.and to say wes and bell are the BEST outside prem is rubbish. they are good, but not that good.

[quote user="buddhistguy"][quote user="Jelly"]Arguably. Did you watch SuperWes grace the pitch at Carra Rd last season? Could anyone point out a finer performance by an opponent? Could you Mr Bump?[/quote]harrison in the barnet goal? lolbut seriously, there have been many great performances. okocha was class. as was gera.there were many great performances last season.and to say wes and bell are the BEST outside prem is rubbish. they are good, but not that good.

[/quote]who are better?im not saying they are the best, but you have not said who is better !!!

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="buddhistguy"][quote user="Jelly"]Arguably. Did you watch SuperWes grace the pitch at Carra Rd last season? Could anyone point out a finer performance by an opponent? Could you Mr Bump?[/quote]harrison in the barnet goal? lolbut seriously, there have been many great performances. okocha was class. as was gera.there were many great performances last season.and to say wes and bell are the BEST outside prem is rubbish. they are good, but not that good.

[/quote]who are better?im not saying they are the best, but you have not said who is better !!![/quote]id say that:david carney (sheff utd)peter halmosi (plymouth)michael? keightly (wolves)zheng zhi ( charlton)paul parry (cardiff)james harper (reading) not inc. gera, greening, lawrence. hunt cos they are and if not soon will be premiership players.are all better than bell and hoolihan.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

"Shola Ameobi, who is understood to want to quit St James'' Park, looked his side''s biggest threat but wasted four golden chances."

In the meantime Martin Taylor scores for Brum, says it all really, Roeder hasn''t a clue.

[/quote]IF WE''D SIGNED MARTIN TAYLOR IN JANUARY WE WOULD BE IN THE PREMIERSHIP BY NOW!

Your claiming that you would have been happier with Paul Parry left wing than Wes Hoolahan. Did you write that with a straight face? You might have point with Halmosi/kightly however.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]
IF WE''D SIGNED MARTIN TAYLOR IN JANUARY WE WOULD BE IN THE PREMIERSHIP BY NOW![/quote]To right Mister Chops, no bloody ambition the lot of ''em. 25000 every wk we deserv mor SACK DOOMY SACK THE BOARD GRRRRR!!!!!!!![:@]

[/quote]

IF WE''D SIGNED MARTIN TAYLOR IN JANUARY WE WOULD BE IN THE PREMIERSHIP BY NOW!

[/quote]

Not quite, try this one IF WE HAD SPENT THE 5 MILLION QUID THAT WAS OFFERED IN OCTOBER ON PLAYERS WE WOULD BE IN THE PREMIERSHIP BY NOW!

Yep, that''s bang on.

[quote user="Jelly"]Your claiming that you would have been happier with Paul Parry left wing than Wes Hoolahan. Did you write that with a straight face? You might have point with Halmosi/kightly however.[/quote]nah. was using parry as an alternative to bell

[/quote]

IF WE''D SIGNED MARTIN TAYLOR IN JANUARY WE WOULD BE IN THE PREMIERSHIP BY NOW!

[/quote]

If we''d signed Martin Taylor he wouldnt of broken Eduardos leg.. who would then have played in euro 2008 taking Croatia to Victory in the final.. in turn id of won £40!

Martin Taylor is a B****rd! lol

jas :)

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]LOL