Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Interesting/ Strange choice for a pre-season friendly...

Coventry away!! July 31st. Not exactly sure why we''ve chosen the sky blues. Seemed a bit of an odd choice to me. Not local, not a glamour game. Suppose it''s just a chance to test ourselves against lower league opposition. Anyone know why?

I guess now we''re Premiership we''re seen as a glamour tie. Arsenal and Spurs fans probably felt the same way when they played us as we do now...

Would rather go to Fakenham and Dereham again than the Midlands though!

Whether or not we represent a glamour tie for Coventry, remember, we will be at a different, and earlier stage in our prep compared to Coventry. Their season will just be starting whilst ours will still be a couple of weeks away.

On that basis, its just the warm up we - and they- need.

Not a glamour tie? But it features Norwich City of the Premiership. I didn''t hear that when we played Prem teams over the last couple of pre-seasons!

Short of playing other European teams (and remember, we will just have been abroad), we need teams who will give us a good workout, and perhaps who have a style of play that we think will be a good warmup game for us. Forest would have been a good such one as well.

Our perspective has changed, we need to keep up!

Ama

Is anyone up for trying to get a friendly against FC Den Haag in holland. Used to live there and they also play in green and yellow and i think may even be called the canaries. If you get on the ferry across the north sea you are right there so probably closer than coventry. We could make them into a sister club and send youth players on loan and steal anything decent they have to offer. Getting a bit carried away possibly, but could be cool. Oh and obviously i am not in charge of friendlies so bit of a pointless ramble. Sorry.