Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Maybe the signings are theirs?

Maybe the summer signings are theirs not ''ours''.

I mean after all they apparently paid for them with their pocket money.

They have every right to take up their toys and bed down in the bunker.

But they will all come out tomorrow expecting 25,000+ of you to say thanks missus and, if you are really grateful some of you, tug your forelocks,

Gambling on Prudence with the pocket money - that''s what they call ''ambition'' and being ''cleverer than the rest''

They''re very lucky they''ve got a man like Glenn prepared to make a go of it. And ain''t that the truth.

OTBC

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

And ain''t that the truth.

[/quote]

Nope
[/quote]

You wait and see old boy.

In the meantime a few glasses of Stones ginger wine will do wonders for your powers of analysis.

Do you really think that the club has no duty to communicate well with its paying customers? Go on. do you?

OTBC

We''ve had 8 players in so far (that''s SO FAR) when many people were predicting no-one would come.

Granted we have to wait to see how they perform but this is a rather pointless dig - if Cullum was in charge they would have been bought/loaned with his ''pocket money''.

Instead the Smiths and the Turners have provided some capital or used the Club''s revenue (ie the season ticket money) - what''s the problem?

[quote user="jetstream"]We''ve had 8 players in so far (that''s SO FAR) when many people were predicting no-one would come. Granted we have to wait to see how they perform but this is a rather pointless dig - if Cullum was in charge they would have been bought/loaned with his ''pocket money''. Instead the Smiths and the Turners have provided some capital or used the Club''s revenue (ie the season ticket money) - what''s the problem?[/quote]

Looks like you''d be satisfied with any 8 players - just get the numbers up and we''ll be OK, eh?

If Cullum was in charge we''d certainly have some from Roeders Lists A, B and C - rather than quite a f

ew gambles from his List Q - plus of course the clubs revenue etc would still be available for other things.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="jetstream"]We''ve had 8 players in so far (that''s SO FAR) when many people were predicting no-one would come. Granted we have to wait to see how they perform but this is a rather pointless dig - if Cullum was in charge they would have been bought/loaned with his ''pocket money''. Instead the Smiths and the Turners have provided some capital or used the Club''s revenue (ie the season ticket money) - what''s the problem?[/quote]

Looks like you''d be satisfied with any 8 players - just get the numbers up and we''ll be OK, eh?

If Cullum was in charge we''d certainly have some from Roeders Lists A, B and C - rather than quite a f

ew gambles from his List Q - plus of course the clubs revenue etc would still be available for other things.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Buts its not any old players is it.  It might be bargain basement in terms of prices but def not in terms of quality!!  Some people are never happy, Cullum isnt here, get over it.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]so which of the recent signings comes under list Q in your opinion then?

But they will all come out tomorrow expecting 25,000+ of you to say thanks missus and, if you are really grateful some of you, tug your forelocks,

Gambling on Prudence with the pocket money - that''s what they call ''ambition'' and being ''cleverer than the rest''

They''re very lucky they''ve got a man like Glenn prepared to make a go of it. And ain''t that the truth.

OTBC

[/quote]

Members of the Tolkien Society are probably not too good on football but what they are good on is spotting trolls and that is what you are.

And Ardee is quite close to Tom Bombadil on this group while City Angel hints at Goldberry (I have no idea what their relationship is)

You are a troll and I claim Smaug''s gold.

Trust me: all members of the Tolkien Society know a troll.  You are a troll.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Members of the Tolkien Society are probably not too good on football but what they are good on is spotting trolls and that is what you are.

And Ardee is quite close to Tom Bombadil on this group while City Angel hints at Goldberry (I have no idea what their relationship is)

[/quote]

Like most trolls your literacy is not too good either.  It''s double quotes in ambition and being cleverer than the rest, only single quotes if within double quotes. Double quotes in ''ours'' as well.

"They''re" doesn''t work , neither does "grateful" and missus should have a capital M, forelocks should have a full point not a comma. Thanks missus arguably in " quotes although that does not excuse the loss of the capital M. 

After " I mean" after all should have a comma break for after all as in "I mean, after all,

You are an internet troll and a fairly thick one. Just a guess, mind.

[quote user="bunny"]And if we had proper Moderators on here the likes of BBB would have been banned a long time back.[/quote]

Now Bunny you are such a sweet bonbon , indeed one of the sweetest on this board but you don''t understand the lovely old Blys problem , I have worked it out ,you see he stuffs himself full with pigs fry on Fridays which means he has indigestion , heartburn and is breaking wind all weekend and we on this board have to suffer for it . If I could offer the lovely old boy some advice only eat melt the pieces that look a bit like liver and avoid the spidery pieces as they are full of fat , there I hope that has helped . [:D] arrdee.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Buts its not any old players is it.  It might be bargain basement in terms of prices but def not in terms of quality!!  Some people are never happy, Cullum isnt here, get over it.

[/quote]

1.  The jury is out on the quality of the new players.

2.  Cullum sure is around. Just wait.

There are few things worse than uncritical support. It gives one ideas above one''s station.

OTBC

1.  The jury is out on the quality of the new players.

Not from you it isn''t, you state they are from the Q list

2.  Cullum sure is around. Just wait.

Good. As sure as he has cashed in more money I expect him to come back with a better bid.

There are few things worse than uncritical support. It gives one ideas above one''s station.

Ditto constant unthinking criticism. Your negativity to all things NCFC seems to be automatic. You seem to think it makes you part of an exclusive club (with Smudger and Cluck - that makes it small not exclusive) that somehow is seeing the light when all others are to dim to work it out. In reality its just emotive rubbish based on a lack of understanding of the financial realities of the modern game.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like most trolls your literacy is not too good either.  It''s double quotes in ambition and being cleverer than the rest, only single quotes if within double quotes. Double quotes in ''ours'' as well.

"They''re" doesn''t work , neither does "grateful" and missus should have a capital M, forelocks should have a full point not a comma. Thanks missus arguably in " quotes although that does not excuse the loss of the capital M. 

After " I mean" after all should have a comma break for after all as in "I mean, after all,

[/quote]

Ps: Hallooo Neil. Bly here.

Neil: Hallo, Bly, what is your question?

Bly: I think prudence has played a large part in the City fortunes and two friends, Arthur and Wiz, agree with me.  Can you say anything about prudence?

Neil: Not really.  In my team at City we did have a promising girl from Sprowston called Prudence but she couldn''t play beyond 11 and at that time I didn''t have all the Criminal Record Board checks in place anyway so regretfully we had to let her go.

Bly: Thanks for that Neil. Is it easy to let people go?

Neil: Good question, Bly.  I''ve always found it dificult but some people don''t.  I think you would have to ask Glenn about that one.

Bly: Have you asked him?

Neil: Not before the cheque cleared, no.

Neil: thanks for your questions Bly.

Neil: On the line now from Barton Turf is Shola.

Neil: Hello Shola, what is your question?

Shola: Good evening, Neil.  Is it possible to pick up a terrace house in Norwich for under £20,000? 

Neil: I don''t think so.

Shola: Thanks for that, I''ll tell my agent what you said and good luck for the rest of the season.

Neil: Good luck to you too but renting places is still quite reasonable.

Shola: Thanks for that.  I''ll give it some thought.

Neil: It''s a lovely city.

Shola: I have a friend called Gordon who tells me I have been there but I don''t remember it.

Neil: Perhaps he was mistaken?

Shola: Could be, nice talking anyway..

Neil:  Next up we have a call from West Raynham Aerodrome from a Mr Canary.  Hello Mr Canary.

Mr Canary: Halloooo, Neil.

Neil: What''s your first name?

Mr Canary: Houston, Sir.

Neil: And what is your question about City?

Houston: I want to know why we don''t attack all the time.  Attack everyone, anything ALL THE TIME.

Neil: It''s a good question but when I was playing it was part attack but also part defending.

Houston: I''m not interested in wimpy part defending only in attacking.  Defending is for losers.

Neil: That''s a strong view.  Where do you live?

Houston: Great Massingham, Sir.

Neil: I certainly agree that a team should go out to attack.

Houston: Good, now you are on my side.  Attack, kill, obliterate.

Neil: Houston, time has run out on us but I thank you and everyone who has called in.  We will be here at the same time next week when you can say what you think on Canary Call.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trolls have fun.

Don''t get their knickers in a twist.

Don''t live fantasy lives.

And have more ambition than a Sharon from Essex.

OTBC

I do agree with BBB to a certain extent, but I just wish we could all put the Cullum stuff behind us. There''s no point looking back and wondering what might''ve happened, let''s get the team (not necessarily the board) and look forward to next season!

[quote user="bunny"]And if we had proper Moderators on here the likes of BBB would have been banned a long time back.[/quote]

Banned for what?  Stating his/her thoughts and opinions?  If the mods did that there wouldn''t be anyone left to post !!!!!!!! [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Banned for what?

[/quote]

Being a tw*t.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Banned for what?

[/quote]

Being a tw*t.

[/quote]

Having an opinion doesn''t make you one of those, whether we agree or not.  If you don''t like his threads why read them?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Having an opinion doesn''t make you one of those

[/quote]No... having Bly''s opinion and expressing them in the way he does makes him a twat...!

Nobody knows how good these players will be until the serious action begins. We don''t know yet whether some will prove to be A list or Q list. Certainly at least two of them have played in the Premiership, so they should do reasonably well in this league. Also Kennedy should be coming today on six months loan from Celtic and he''s well regarded as a footballer. Let''s just wait and see.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ps: Hallooo Neil. Bly here.

Neil: Hallo, Bly, what is your question?

Bly: I think prudence has played a large part in the City fortunes and two friends, Arthur and Wiz, agree with me.  Can you say anything about prudence?

Neil: Not really.  In my team at City we did have a promising girl from Sprowston called Prudence but she couldn''t play beyond 11 and at that time I didn''t have all the Criminal Record Board checks in place anyway so regretfully we had to let her go.

Bly: Thanks for that Neil. Is it easy to let people go?

Neil: Good question, Bly.  I''ve always found it dificult but some people don''t.  I think you would have to ask Glenn about that one.

Bly: Have you asked him?

Neil: Not before the cheque cleared, no.

Neil: thanks for your questions Bly.

Neil: On the line now from Barton Turf is Shola.

Neil: Hello Shola, what is your question?

Shola: Good evening, Neil.  Is it possible to pick up a terrace house in Norwich for under £20,000? 

Neil: I don''t think so.

Shola: Thanks for that, I''ll tell my agent what you said and good luck for the rest of the season.

Neil: Good luck to you too but renting places is still quite reasonable.

Shola: Thanks for that.  I''ll give it some thought.

Neil: It''s a lovely city.

Shola: I have a friend called Gordon who tells me I have been there but I don''t remember it.

Neil: Perhaps he was mistaken?

Shola: Could be, nice talking anyway..

Neil:  Next up we have a call from West Raynham Aerodrome from a Mr Canary.  Hello Mr Canary.

Mr Canary: Halloooo, Neil.

Neil: What''s your first name?

Mr Canary: Houston, Sir.

Neil: And what is your question about City?

Houston: I want to know why we don''t attack all the time.  Attack everyone, anything ALL THE TIME.

Neil: It''s a good question but when I was playing it was part attack but also part defending.

Houston: I''m not interested in wimpy part defending only in attacking.  Defending is for losers.

Neil: That''s a strong view.  Where do you live?

Houston: Great Massingham, Sir.

Neil: I certainly agree that a team should go out to attack.

Houston: Good, now you are on my side.  Attack, kill, obliterate.

Neil: Houston, time has run out on us but I thank you and everyone who has called in.  We will be here at the same time next week when you can say what you think on Canary Call.

[/quote]

Love it. Love it. Love it. All priceless.

Trolls have fun.

Don''t get their knickers in a twist.

Don''t live fantasy lives.

And have more ambition than a Sharon from Essex.

OTBC

[/quote]

Surely Trolls lead fantasy lives, being fantasy characters an all?

OTBC

[/quote]Come on Bly, you are just being silly because I refuse to accept you are that naive.Firstly, on Cullum.  If he seriously wanted and loved the club he like he says he does he would have it by now, in fact he would have had it before last Christmas.  Fact is he is approaching buying a football club like he would any business rather than it being a labour of love.  He wanted the majority of the shareholding without ever parting with a single penny to do so.  All he has done this summer is disrupt the club and the fans during a time where focus is needed in rebuilding the squad.Secondly and where I think you are being very naive is that I think regardless of Cullum''s money, Roeder would have still wanted to sign the likes of Stefanovic, who is the sort of centre back we have been crying out for for 3 or 4 seasons.  I also think that Bertrand and Hoolahan would still have been high on the wish list too.  The only difference, should Cullum have been in charge, would have been the prices being asked by the selling/loaning club.  Take a look through the transfer in''s and out''s so far in the summer and there is not an awful lot of money being sepnt, even billionaire funded QPR have not paid a single transfer fee yet.  Of the teams that were relegated, Derby have signed 6 free transfers and paid two fees, the biggest being £750k.  Brum have had 2 freebies and spent £1m on Marcus Bent and anyone who thinks we have a lack of ambition should take a look at Reading who have yet to sign a single player and look likely to lose Harper, along with the likes of Sodje.  Most of the bigger fee''s this summer so far seem to be a waste, Ian Hume for £1.25m?  Come on, I would not have wanted him for the £0.25m, let alone £1.25m

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Banned for what?

[/quote]

Being a tw*t.

[/quote]

Having an opinion doesn''t make you one of those, whether we agree or not.  If you don''t like his threads why read them?

[/quote]

You miss the point.  Bly, like Cluck and Smudger word their posts in such a way they come across as tw*ts.  The views are too extreme and they cannot accept any alternative view points.  Now Arthur, Mr Carrow etc. have very similar views to the aforementioned but put forward rational debate that 9 times from 10 you can take seriously.  And while I dont necessary agree with what they say I respect and take on board their opinions, plus when I respond I am not hit with a barrage of abuse questioning my intelligence & allegiance.

Its all in the delivery.