Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

4-4-2 Magazine league prediction...interesting positions

The Championship 2008/09 according to FourFourTwo 1 Birmingham City 2 Crystal Palace 3 Charlton Athletic 4 Reading 5 Derby County 6 QPR 7 Coventry City 8 Sheffield United 9 Wolverhampton Wanderers 10 Bristol City 11 Watford 12 Ipswich Town 13 Preston North End 14 Cardiff City 15 Norwich City 16 Burnley 17 Nottingham Forest 18 Southampton 19 Sheffield Wednesday 20 Swansea City 21 Doncaster Rovers 22 Plymouth Argyle 23 Barnsley 24 Blackpool

[quote user="The Lord"]The Championship 2008/09
according to FourFourTwo

1 Birmingham City
2 Crystal Palace
3 Charlton Athletic
4 Reading
5 Derby County
6 QPR
7 Coventry City
8 Sheffield United
9 Wolverhampton Wanderers
10 Bristol City
11 Watford
12 Ipswich Town
13 Preston North End
14 Cardiff City
15 Norwich City
16 Burnley
17 Nottingham Forest
18 Southampton
19 Sheffield Wednesday
20 Swansea City
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Plymouth Argyle
23 Barnsley
24 Blackpool[/quote]

Can''t agree with this. We''ll finish higher, as will Forrest. Bristol City will definately finish lower and Palace will never finish second.

To be fair if this was in the magazine, it will have been collated a few weeks back, before people were really making any signings. So I''d take this with a pinch of salt.

Charlton 3rd? Can''t see that with the pre-season they''ve had. Agree with their bottom 3 but not a lot else.

Still suffering from strange symptoms. Exitement , optimism , even a vauge notion that we are actually trying to sign a lot of good players. I have a mate who plays for Barnsley and he''s got money on us. I''ve got money on us and I earn a damn sight less than he does. 4-4-2 season preview always used to piss me off somewhat but this year I''m thinking of it as a smokescreen which will work in our favour. SuperWes - 250,000 . Dave Kitson 5.5 million. Thats funny.

It is so difficult to predict the Championship anyway, see Hull and Bristol City last season.  But I would like to think we will be higher than 15th, I am hoping top 10 with a possible play off push.

Cannot see what justification there is for Palace and Charlton in the top 3, but good to see there is not much expectation for the scum [:)]

i think Southampton wil struggle , Swansea will do far better than 20th We will finish probably around 10th , and since when have all three relegated clubs finished in the top 6 ?

As always these can be taken with a pinch of salt