Sign in to follow this  
Have Heart

Are people starting to believe?

Over the last month, there''s been so many negative comments about how the club is doomed, calling for roeders head etc etc. And then there came the signings slowly but surely they have come players that many thought would go else where, players we beat clubs like QPR to that must say something about norwich city or least it does to me.

People on here need to start believing more instead of doubting or looking negatively towards every action made by either the club or manger.

This season is our time to shine put to bed the last few seasons where our potential and expections have been dampened by our low league finishes our players doubting in their own confidence to perform we need to get behind the team and manger and look forward to what I can see as being a fantastic season for norwich.

I can''t recall anyone calling for Roeder''s head. They have been calling for Delia''s head (myself included) and still will, despite how well or how bad we do!

i have only seen a very few anti Roeder posts. Personally I believe without him last season we would almost certainly have gone down and he have been the best thing to happen to us in the last few years. Sure the Huckerby issue was not handled well, but how much of that was Roeder and how much the rest of the gang? Roeder has strengthened the squad brilliantly on a shoestring budget, however the crucial one is the one that''s still not in the bag, that 20 goals big targetman/striker. And will sufficient funds be made aailable to get one?

Ultimately money does talk, and we would have been able to do a hell of a lot more talking with PC''s money than with Delia''s. Most bookies donot get it wrong, and you will not find one that is tipping us to get anywhere near the play-offs let alone promotion. I don''t know how long you''ve been following NCFC but I came through an era where we were genuinely able to beat any team in the country on our day, we are a long way off that at the minute. If we get in the top 10 then Roeder and the boys will have done very well, top 6 and we will have overachieved big time. With 20 million to spend on players and Roeder in charge I would have stuck my mortgage on us going up. That''s what the pro Delia gang have achieved for Norwich, another season in the Championship.

I am 100% behind Roeder and the team but i have lost all respect for our current board. I don''t take well to being lied to by Delia and co.

I''ve seen GR in action. I wouldn''t want to let the guy down. He''s cold. Doesn''t matter about money. He is proper scarey. Something about nearly dying and then having east londons finest make a lovely song about that have "rubbed off" on him. You can''t physically destroy players a la cloughie or even big sam anymore. Roeder is the last manager I would ever want to let down. You can''t but admire how he has pricked the arrogance of Chris Martin. Might be the best thing for CM definately best thing for NCFC.

I''m definitley behind Roeder. After the last couple of years I''m not letting my optimism run riot, however I''m pleased with the players he''s brought in and the way he doesn''t have favourites (unlike his predecessors) and will not think twice about dropping someone or knocking down their egos. I''m looking forward to the new season - cautiously optimistic!

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

Over the last month, there''s been so many negative comments about how the club is doomed, calling for roeders head etc etc. And then there came the signings slowly but surely they have come players that many thought would go else where, players we beat clubs like QPR to that must say something about norwich city or least it does to me.

People on here need to start believing more instead of doubting or looking negatively towards every action made by either the club or manger.

This season is our time to shine put to bed the last few seasons where our potential and expections have been dampened by our low league finishes our players doubting in their own confidence to perform we need to get behind the team and manger and look forward to what I can see as being a fantastic season for norwich.

[/quote]I am behind Roeder and his signings. What I can''t get behind the type of hysteria that accompanied the signing of Brellier and Strihavka and the like. I understand people need hero''s. But that type of fanatical worship before they played 5 games for the club was utter madness and those people should think before the wildly praise players they''ve never seen play again.The signings we have made on paper look okay some even look very good. But lets give them a chance and also keep a level of perspective.We have a manger who is  able to use his contacts well and he seems to be doing that in spades. We also have a squad of player that is still loaded with people who failed to cut it at this level last season and before. We have not signed enough good player in my view to be in a position to challenge for promotion although a play off place is in the grasp of most clubs given a few good signings, results, momentum a big slice of luck. I believe we are far better equipped to take on this league that last year but I also believe that their are currently at least 8 to 10 clubs better than us with their organisation, moral, and player ability over all.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I am 100% behind Roeder and the team but i have lost all respect for our current board. I don''t take well to being lied to by Delia and co.[/quote]

In what way have they lied?

If you think that anyone would allow someone to take control of a club for nothing you''re living in cloud cuckoo land!

by saving that no one had bid for the club at last years AGM.  When Cullun contact was well know.  They may have had their reasons - but they did lie -directly to me as it happens!

Even if was then - it still sounds as if no one had made them offer an offer PC - reportedly was talking about a 5m loan and still has not made them an offer by what they and the board has said.

If we can sign 2 strikers capable of 15 or more goals each I believe we will have the quality to challenge at the top of the league. Then it will be down to the manager to utilise that potential. Given how little we have actually spent so far I hope and expect that those impressive signings will be made to round off a great close season''s activity for us.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]If we can sign 2 strikers capable of 15 or more goals each I believe we will have the quality to challenge at the top of the league. Then it will be down to the manager to utilise that potential. Given how little we have actually spent so far I hope and expect that those impressive signings will be made to round off a great close season''s activity for us.[/quote]

I think we have already signed some impressive players, Hoolahan, Bell, Lupoli on loan. and what i''ve seen of clingan getting him on a free was a real catch.

Thing is players don''t need big price tags to be good and alot of people don''t inderstand that. Roeder is extreamly wise when it comes to players and seems to pick the players he wants without wasting money. Hoolahan without his 250k clause could have turnt into a million plus bidding war with the likes of QPQ interested in him.

We don''t need millions to challenge for the championship just a wise manager who can see raw talent without a crazy price tag and thats what we have.

I dont recall anyone calling for his head?  This sounds like a load of old pony to stir people up to me.  The issue all summer has been with the Cullum saga and what our transfer budget is.  We still DO NOT KNOW what the transfer budget is because we have spent well under a million  in initial fees I would have thought.  We all know and will get behind the team on the pitch but we all have the right to question the quality of the players on that pitch and why we cant buy better. So please stop with the patronising rallying call threads people - its a bit sad really.[quote user="xKevin82x"]

[/quote]

While I agree we dont need millions, we still need a striker or two.Also I am concerned at how people think that we are getting in hidden stars.  Hoolahan initially looks good, but him and Bell did come from Luton and only left due to a clause and financial crisis, so are they great or adequate?  Clingon, sorry but nobody can yet say a league one midfielder is a real catch, particularly one who his old clubs fans say passes sideways and is a bit slow, and in the two friendlies so far I have seen nothing to counter those opinions.  Lupoli could be a disaster as his record for goals is poor.  He might come good but will he get the games to do so?I think we should perhaps be a little cautious.  We had a terrible squad at the end of last season, we have added a lot of pretty unknown quantities to it.  We also have not seen if they work well together, and in some cases groups of players simply dont gell or play well in a certain style.I HOPE to god we do ok next season, a run at the play offs would be fantastic, but please dont lets all get carried away until we have seen them play a competitive game or two![quote user="xKevin82x"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]If we can sign 2 strikers capable of 15 or more goals each I believe we will have the quality to challenge at the top of the league. Then it will be down to the manager to utilise that potential. Given how little we have actually spent so far I hope and expect that those impressive signings will be made to round off a great close season''s activity for us.[/quote]

I think we have already signed some impressive players, Hoolahan, Bell, Lupoli on loan. and what i''ve seen of clingan getting him on a free was a real catch.

Thing is players don''t need big price tags to be good and alot of people don''t inderstand that. Roeder is extreamly wise when it comes to players and seems to pick the players he wants without wasting money. Hoolahan without his 250k clause could have turnt into a million plus bidding war with the likes of QPQ interested in him.

We don''t need millions to challenge for the championship just a wise manager who can see raw talent without a crazy price tag and thats what we have.

[/quote]

I def am more optimistic than i have been for a couple of years or so yes we do need another CF but i''m sure GR knows that 2!The good thing is we now have real competition for places across most area''s of the pitch which we have not been able to say for a while.GR has worked wonders on paper with his transfers so far you don''t always need to throw money around to get quality, has Wenger done that with Arsenal over the years?Our first eleven would rival most team''s in this division.[:)]

[quote user="JC"]
I dont recall anyone calling for his head?  This sounds like a load of old pony to stir people up to me. 

The issue all summer has been with the Cullum saga and what our transfer budget is.  We still DO NOT KNOW what the transfer budget is because we have spent well under a million  in initial fees I would have thought. 

We all know and will get behind the team on the pitch but we all have the right to question the quality of the players on that pitch and why we cant buy better.

So please stop with the patronising rallying call threads people - its a bit sad really.

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

[/quote][/quote]

And then theres fans like you!!!! if you don''t like the thread don''t read it you muppet

I started to believe last season when we managed to get out of the relegation zone and started playing decent football...... where were you lot then?! [:)]

[quote user="ob1"]I started to believe last season when we managed to get out of the relegation zone and started playing decent football...

... where were you lot then?! [:)]
[/quote]

right with you!

Give it 10 games then I''ll say if Roeder''s got it right or not.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]

Give it 10 games then I''ll say if Roeder''s got it right or not.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Yeah, but you know that ''aint going to happen. A couple of dodgy draws and the moaners will be screaming for Delia''s head every time we concede a goal.

It''ll be just like Worthy''s first season back down. Joy!

Well said. I hope you are right about two more good experienced strikers.

We shall see. I want Norwich to do well just as much as any other supporter but only time and results will show how good and shrewd Roeder is.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]Hey Evil Monkey,

Is that crafty canary, Yankee Canary or myself on that UFO? May be all three according to you.  LOL![/quote]

Don''t be silly, UFOs aren''t real, why would you be on there? Unless

you''re now claiming you''ve been abducted? That may explain the split

personality and your penchant for making up cryptic responses to simple

questions... or maybe you''ve been hanging around with BlyBlyBabes......

or maybe............... No, couldn''t be......[:O] [;)]