Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Where can we buy flags?

Anyone know who is selling NCFC flags?
It always bemuses me that I see people with flags and yet I can NEVER find anywhere that sells them.
Doesn''t matter whether it is to do with NCFC, or even with England - couldn''t find any of those "St George Cross" flags that attach to the windows for the last World Cup either!!
Is it some kind of surreal conspiracy against me? Am I right to be so paranoid? Will anyone reveal to me where flags can be purchased??

Just to add I checked at Becketts on Sat and they had run out as had the man on the market. Becketts are expecting more in this week (not sure which day).
However just read MR D on ncfc stories that clubshop are geeting loads of stuff in Thursday, so could be worth checking out then - he went onto say that merchandise bought ''unofficially'' may not pass Health & Safety checks and could be taken off people! Whilst obviously thats to encourage business to be directed to NCFC shops I dont know if anyone has had stuff confiscated for fear of spontaneous combustion!

More on that here:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/Story.asp?Brand=PINKUNonline&Category=Norwich&ItemId=NOED27+Apr+2004+09%3A28%3A10%3A260

I shall leave my dodgy flag at home on Saturday but shall take it to Crewe.

Thanks for the info :-0)
Peeps with tickets for Crewe I envey you - can''t get one for love or money even though we sponsor Man Of The Match/Player Of The Season :-(] Will have to make do with Sunderland..ho hum.

You need to look in places where you wouldn''t normally admit to going to!! QD, Roys of Wroxham, Tacky souvenior shops in Yarmouth, Sneterton market. They always sell the england flags and generally flags from every other country especially before euro champs and world cups. Normally about 4.50 a hit. I havn''t looked yet but im pretty sure you can get them on e-bay as well. Wouldn,t be surprised if you can get Norwich ones on e-bay as well. I remember seeing Norwich flags on there prior to the play-off final.

Try making your own. Fabric paint from Jarrolds, sheet of cloth from Anglian fabrics, magdalen st.

Mines being painted as I write.

Sad I know but you end up with something unique.

Watch out Big Chief there just may be a steward armed with a shiny Zippo just waiting to test the spontaneous combustability of your Jarrolds Special. I tend to favour my trusty Dolly The Inflatable Sheep, complete with NCFC scarf fashion accessory!

Big Chief. You really must stop watching Blue Peter. Can you not fit a coat hanger in there somewhere?

and a much better version big chief

where are you sitting mate, and i will look out for it

a few words to the club officials:

this policy on health and safety is both petty and makes us look ridiculous (as digging the pitch up and preventing a presentation at CR on may 10 will do as well)

for god''s sake, so many of us bought flags at watford on saturday that didn''t come via the club, so what, they looked good on TV, in the papers and the players liked them on the day didn''t they?

lighten up, we don''t get promoted every year and if flags are flammable, what about replica shirts? What about people smoking at all, what about - hell the thought of someone enjoying themselves standing up to cheer a goal, how far are you going to go to spoil our day?

lighten up whoever came out with this rubbish!!

this H&S stuff is taking over the world and in this case is just an excuse, so the club don''t sell everything to do with Norwich City, big deal (the y''army tee shirts are better too!!), why punish us for buying something you didn''t sell after all the support we have given the team

by the way i do have an official checked flag (minus pole as it was confiscated by stewards the first time i took it into the barclay!!!) - but will not be taking it and finding another one - just because i want to

rant over - sorry guys but officialdom really gets me going