Sign in to follow this  
Naco

Norwich/Quakes Connection

I will choose my words carefully, because I don''t want to get this thread closed like some others...I know some of you are interested in #6 Quakes jerseys, I wanted to set up a place on here to talk about relations between the two teams.  I don''t think it is entirely out of the realm of possibility to create a "sister club"-type relationship, including perhaps a friendly or two.  As an Earthquakes fan, the interest and dedication you have shown toward Huckerby as well as my team is very impressive, and I have adopted Norwich as my "English" team in return.  Again, please don''t close this thread, and if you must, please e-mail me at sean.rubio@gmail.comThanks,Sean

..well, if you had to choose any english club, you''ve got a good un.

nice to meet you!

Binner [;)]

Welcome mate. I watched the SJ game yesterday, good to see Hucks score but disappointed "we" (ha) didnt take the 3 points. I thought Johnson could have had about 3 goals!

I will definately add you on MSN and can hopefully arrange a shirt! Up The Earthquakes!

Oh for anyone interested, SJ''s next game is against a team called LA Galaxy....3rd August @ 2000 GMT i believe.

[quote user="Naco"]I will choose my words carefully, because I don''t want to get this thread closed like some others...

I know some of you are interested in #6 Quakes jerseys, I wanted to set up a place on here to talk about relations between the two teams.  I don''t think it is entirely out of the realm of possibility to create a "sister club"-type relationship, including perhaps a friendly or two.  As an Earthquakes fan, the interest and dedication you have shown toward Huckerby as well as my team is very impressive, and I have adopted Norwich as my "English" team in return. 

Again, please don''t close this thread, and if you must, please e-mail me at sean.rubio@gmail.com

Thanks,
Sean
[/quote]

Hi Sean

I must admit that I have never followed football in the States before, but since Hucks has joined you thats all changed.

It was great to see him score today and I hope he does as well for you as he did for us.

Sort out the shirts for us Sean and it would be great to build on a San Jose and Norwich relationship.

Also heres to a Hucks hat trick against the Galaxy next week!

Yeah, usually I would take no interest in the MLS.. but yesterday or early this morning, I watched both San Jose vs Red Bulls and Dallas vs LA Galaxy.
It''s nice to see you have adopted Norwich as your English team. I like your idea.

I think most of us are keeping an eye out for SJE now, especially as its so easy to get hold of the video or live footage for it. A link up would be fantastic, because then when Hucks is firing on all cylinders again we can take him back on loan when your season finishes [;)]

was reading their forum this morning

LA Galaxy is apparently their "Ip****h"

so heres hoping its a good reult for the Quakes

Great idea Naco. I''m sure a lot of us here would love any links you have for SJE and details on how we could get a shirt.  You have one of our legends there now, take care of him.

[quote user="Ziggurat"]

[/quote]And yet LA Galaxy''s Ipswich are Chivas USA (if I can recall correctly)

Quakes/Galaxy is arguably the biggest rivalry in the country.  It is more than just soccer, as Northern California and Southern California have always been rivals.  The glitz and glamour of Hollywood (Beckham) against the normal, sane hard-working Northern California (Huckerby).Re: the shirts:  I think I am going to buy a first load of 10 or so, depending on the interest.  In terms of payment, here''s my idea.  I''ll set up a PayPal account.  Once I get the jerseys, you would paypal me the amount that it cost.  And then once I ship them to you and you recieve them, you would PayPal me the amount it cost to ship to you.  Does that make sense?  I''m up for ideas on how to work the payment, just seemed like that was the fairest way possible.The next issue is whether you would want "Authentic" jerseys or "Replicas".  Here are the differences:Authentic has the two championship stars. Replica doesn''t.

Authentic has "San Jose" embroidered on the back (neck). Replica doesn''t.

Authentic has "FORMOTION" printed across the bottom left. Replica has "ClimaCool"Replica home and away (short sleeve only) are $65 (not including shipping and handling to get to me), and Authentic HOME ONLY Short Sleeve is $80, and Long Sleeve is $90.If you are seriously interested, e-mail me at sean.rubio@gmail.com, and I will begin to put a list together.  If you want something OTHER than "#6 Huckerby" on the back, please specify.  Also let me know if you want Authentic/Replica, and your size.Thanks,Sean 

Forgot to add that it will cost $20 extra for the name and number.  So make sure to factor that in.Thanks,Sean

You might want to get your fellow Quakes fans to join up to the Norwich site on Facebook as well - I''m sure plenty of City fans on facebook will be joining the Quakes one...

[quote user="Shazzakidd"][quote user="Ziggurat"]

[/quote]
And yet LA Galaxy''s Ipswich are Chivas USA (if I can recall correctly)
[/quote]

Sort of. Chivas USA have only been around for three years, 2 of those being while we were on hiatus. So there were a couple years where the Scum didn''t have us, so they had to find someone else. Sure enough, there''s another team in their city, so its only natural. Once we start getting back into things, the rivalry between us and Galaxy will kick off some more again. Here''s some great moments from our California derby.

2001: San Jose beats the scum in extra time of the MLS Cup final.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKmguvdjABg

2003: Earthquakes vs. Galaxy in a 2 leg playoff match. LA wins the first leg 2-0, then takes a 4-0 aggregate lead in the first half of the second leg. An incredible comeback sees the Quakes tie it in added time, then win in extra time (no away goals rule, thank god). We won the cup that year as well

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2UX64lUaKHM

Then there''s of course the Landon Donovan saga, the fact that at one point we were owned by the same group, who neglected us, spent all of their time focusing on the Scum, and eventually moved us to Houston.