Sign in to follow this  
corbs

Any good youngsters coming through?

First Team ''seems'' to be taking shape, but does anyone have high hopes for the youth team prospects this season. Particularly satisfying to see local youngsters coming through, but this has not been happening to often of late. Any thoughts on the set-up? I hope to get to some youth team games this year in the London area.   

I hope so. Roeder has always seemed to be one for giving young players an opportunity, so I guess he will have looked at the academy and wanted to know which good players were coming through, and wanting to know why the hell not if there weren''t any on the brink. Our academy has underproduced for too long - hopefully Roeder might oversee  a change in that.

two seasons time you will see tom adeyemi come to the scene.... an athletic midfielder who will make the bench and start being subsstituted and gradually maybe make the first team :)

[quote user="buddhistguy"]daley is very good.
adeyemi certainly.
rudd and steer
there are some good younguns in there. including some croatian lad? daric?
[/quote]

Dario Dumic [Y]

[quote user="H3LL Canary"]

[quote user="buddhistguy"]daley is very good.adeyemi certainly.rudd and steerthere are some good younguns in there. including some croatian lad? daric?[/quote]

Dario Dumic [Y]

[/quote]I think he''s Danish not Croatian...

[quote user="kirku"][quote user="H3LL Canary"]

[quote user="buddhistguy"]daley is very good.adeyemi certainly.rudd and steerthere are some good younguns in there. including some croatian lad? daric?[/quote]

Dario Dumic [Y]

[/quote]I think he''s Danish not Croatian...[/quote]i dont know, just heard he was very good.

IMO two of the best youngsters I have ever seen come through the ranks at NCFC, was Bally Smart and Joe Lewis, both had great potential to go on and make a name for themself, needless to say we got   rid of them of course...

Jed Steer - just 15 years old but already making a name for himself in the England U16s!

Hes a friend of a friend and the friend said he has already had an offer from West Ham for him but he turned it down!

Below is a true story. It happened and it says everything about GR and why he might just be our Cloughie. Thats not a phrase I use lightly. Read on;

''The Academy staff sat silently as GR flicked through a huge document. The document was huge because it outlined the NCFC policy for recruiting young players for the academy. It listed what staff could and could not do in the persuit of young talent. GR tore the document into two pieces. "Forget this s**t, just get me some F**cking players." ''

Costa del Colney is crumbling my friends. A wind of change is blowing through our beloved club. It might be a little bit Geordie but it blows hard. It blew away some shocking excuses for footballers last season. It blew us Holahan, Bell, and Lupoli. It might even blow Chrissy Martin into a player again. My point being that any academy player who pulls on a NCFC shirt will no longer think '' Ive made it'' They will now think '' I can make it.'' Cloughie made his players cry, he made them walk home from matches and he treated those who wre unsuccessful with coldhearted distain. I''m surely not alone in seeing many paralells between cloughie and GR. Obviously GR is a couple of European Cup wins short but who knows...............................

Comments about the Dereham vs NCFC "youth team" game.

Dereham are quite good. They have a few ex-academy players who would have been bigger and stronger than our youth team ( plus a few less-than-happy first teamers ) was on the day. Derehams'' hungry team in front of their mums and dads and girlfriends or Grays Athletic Reserves infront of no-one; which presents our young players with the better opposition? Many good footballers from Norfolk and quite a few play for Dereham. Just because a player doesn''t make the grade at Norwich doesn''t make them poor players. Just ask Dion Dublin, Bobby Zamora, Paul Warne , Robert Taylor and even the great Darren Gill.

And a certain Darren Huckerby failed his trials at Notts County, Notts Forest and (allegedly) Retford before being given his first pro contract by..........Lincoln City.

[quote user="Jelly"]

Below is a true story. It happened and it says everything about GR and why he might just be our Cloughie. Thats not a phrase I use lightly. Read on;

''The Academy staff sat silently as GR flicked through a huge document. The document was huge because it outlined the NCFC policy for recruiting young players for the academy. It listed what staff could and could not do in the persuit of young talent. GR tore the document into two pieces. "Forget this s**t, just get me some F**cking players." ''

Costa del Colney is crumbling my friends. A wind of change is blowing through our beloved club. It might be a little bit Geordie but it blows hard. It blew away some shocking excuses for footballers last season. It blew us Holahan, Bell, and Lupoli. It might even blow Chrissy Martin into a player again. My point being that any academy player who pulls on a NCFC shirt will no longer think '' Ive made it'' They will now think '' I can make it.'' Cloughie made his players cry, he made them walk home from matches and he treated those who wre unsuccessful with coldhearted distain. I''m surely not alone in seeing many paralells between cloughie and GR. Obviously GR is a couple of European Cup wins short but who knows...............................

[/quote]

Sounds like the sort of thing GR would do, good on him, we need someone with ''larger than average footballs'' to sort our club out, I just hope he gets the next three years of free reign to put his method into practice.....Rome wasn''t built.................

went to the dereham game we were crap ! lol mind u we had kids cept martin (who was RUBBISH except his goal) and lappin and chadwick.. gud players ummm not ! lol :P

tell u a player who was bloody guy that nite tho was a guy last name stephenson black guy at the back big tall and really good on the ball looked like a very gud player but only 16 ! :-/ ....

nicky howell the ex player for city looked very gud tho! :S