Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

*******Norwich V Spurs match thread*******

From watching the game tonight i am still happy with were we are so far. I think there are many positives such as Hoolahan and Clingan. Also I think Semmy and Ozzy have done well showing strength and pace. In the first half we looked sharp, fotheringham looked strong and bertrand was looking good. Its just we ran out of steam. Patty at left back struggled and sometimes got caught out with diving in. Playing JC up front on his own made going forward difficult but even if we had Ronaldo (Cry baby not bugs bunny) up front it would not have made any difference as we couldnt get the service up to the front. All in all im happy that the lads got some good fitness and good workout. Thought Spurs looked good for top 6 finish in the prem. Only downsides in my opinion was Marshall didnt look too sharp apart from his reflex saves (very good), Patty but not his strongest position, Crofts service into the box (but we all know about that) and Feckin Bent but heh ho. I look forward to Coventry because they are a million miles away from what we played tonight. A bit like us but we''re getting there. Remember before all the moaning starts tomorrow that until we kick off our first few games we still wont really have an idea how we will fair. I remember our promotion season getting beat in Aug by Nottingham Forest, i was thinking then here we go again and look what happened........................................................

nomone on the bench to really change things round when things were not goign our way. Which highlights the fact that we have only just got a team, nothing near to resembling a squad. but you can''t read much into tonight. let''s see what col utd brings

If our wafer-thin squad is being exposed in pre-season, what''s it going to be like playing twice a week in winter?

Some positives and negatives.

1. Marshall threw the ball out a lot more, but we still play it long to a pint-sized striker.

2. Stefanovic can play a bit (more than JS and GD), but he looks a little slow and should have made a tackle for the second goal.

2. Pattison was dreadful in midfield, but he improved slightly at left back. I hope GR won''t be stubborn over this one, he signed him but he can drop him.

3. Hoolahan looks good and will shine against lesser opposition, but he needs to play wide and cut in.

4. Croft looked a little one dimensional going forward, but he tracked back well.

5. Curo took his goal well, but he desperately needs support.

6. Semi was one of the quickest player on the field, but will not drive on with the ball or overlap Croft.

Not a good score line but GR has a great video to show them about how to keep the ball. Spurs are an average side and they made us look silly. I guess that''s what happens when you play a few tin-pot sides as your preparation. Let''s hope for a good responce against Colchester, Curo will be up for it!

[quote user="xKevin82x"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]

Your avoiding why he find it funny to have a legend as my profile....so I should delete it because he say so??

Your also avoiding why you have kisses by you name sailor???!!

I have not mentioned him on this forum for months and yes I think it was great to see Hoolahan play well today but cant possibly have him as a profile pic as it would be far too funny!!!??? Knob!!!

[/quote]

Calm down, your a typical poster on here full of s**t matey!!!

Find it easy to thrwo names like Knob around don''t ya big man??? you got anything constructive to say?

Why it''s wrong to have huckerby as your profile pic well come on get over it we''ve had more than just one so called legend but obviously not many people know that do they?

[/quote]

Not really full of shit just wanting you to explain yourself at such stupid comments......And who says im not over Huckerby simply because of his pic??? You were the one that brought the sunject of him up....you sure your over him???? MATEY???

I presume from that comment that you have played in goals?

He had no chance with either of the efforts that went through his legs and if he hadn''t been in goals it would have been 8 0r 9 to them!

That was a bit like watching a football video game, played by somebody very good at it as Spurs, against a compuer generated Norwich with the setting on ''very easy''.We need a striker and to stop playing long balls to short players!Rubbish. I''m embarrassed it was on TV. Setanta is shown all over the world... oh dear.

[quote user="WrightyBoy"][quote user="xKevin82x"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]

Your avoiding why he find it funny to have a legend as my profile....so I should delete it because he say so??

Your also avoiding why you have kisses by you name sailor???!!

I have not mentioned him on this forum for months and yes I think it was great to see Hoolahan play well today but cant possibly have him as a profile pic as it would be far too funny!!!??? Knob!!!

[/quote]

Calm down, your a typical poster on here full of s**t matey!!!

Find it easy to thrwo names like Knob around don''t ya big man??? you got anything constructive to say?

Why it''s wrong to have huckerby as your profile pic well come on get over it we''ve had more than just one so called legend but obviously not many people know that do they?

[/quote]

Not really full of shit just wanting you to explain yourself at such stupid comments......And who says im not over Huckerby simply because of his pic??? You were the one that brought the sunject of him up....you sure your over him???? MATEY???

[/quote]

Wasn''t really bothered when he left thought his time was up end off.

Some people make me laugh and your certainly one of them

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]If our wafer-thin squad is being exposed in pre-season, what''s it going to be like playing twice a week in winter?

There wont be too many Dos Santos and F wit Bents in the championship with that quality to expose us. Just relax if we lose the colchester match you have a right to moan. Sometimes you have to admit we were given a footballing lesson, and this was such an occassion.

[/quote]

Ok think we will leave it there as you obviously arent confident enough with answering my questions...and stop going on about not getting over Hux its very boring considering I have never posted about missing him.....nite nite x x x x x x x xKevinxxxxx matey boy sailorx x x x

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]If our wafer-thin squad is being exposed in pre-season, what''s it going to be like playing twice a week in winter?

[/quote]

There wont be too many Dos Santos and F wit Bents in the championship with that quality to expose us. Just relax if we lose the colchester match you have a right to moan. Sometimes you have to admit we were given a footballing lesson, and this was such an occassion.

[quote user="the1englishman"]Cant you to just pack it in, your both like little kids in the playground.[:|]
[/quote]

Lol sorry, the guys just a dumb**s

i love how everyone is ignoring the two women who are arguing, get your handbags out ladies.

on the serious side, its pre season friendly, im not too worried about loosing to a team with much deeper quality than we have. i try to be optimistic but next season just going to be full of mediocrity. should just take each game as we come, theres no need in being pesimistick though. keep on trying lads

[quote user="NCFC - Heathrow"]nomone on the bench to really change things round when things were not goign our way. Which highlights the fact that we have only just got a team, nothing near to resembling a squad. but you can''t read much into tonight. let''s see what col utd brings[/quote]

But Lupoli, Bell and Kennedy weren''t on the bench were they?

Women???

I still feel positive about next season, just remember tonite we had no kennedy (going to be by far our best defender while we have him, think its going to go down like taylor last season tho) Bell who i would rather see in green and yellow than russell and then lupoli who sorry if poeple have doubts will be one of the best strikers in the championship next season.