Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

MOAN MOAN MOAN

Lets put a few things straight before (no, its too late, alrready we are going down apparantly) everybody starts moaning about us being so awful.

We lost 5-1, and yes it looks as if our defence was a bit of a mess. That was a defence including Stefanvoic making his debut, Omosuzi playing a bit out of pposition and neither will have played with Bertrand before. We also had no left back on the bench so i presume that due to Bertrands injury the back four that started the 2nd half was a bit of a pic n mix! (Semmy-clingan?-dejan-omosuzi?), Lets be fair that isnt a defence we will line up with.

This was a Norwich squad without Bell, Lupoli and kennedy 3 of our new signings and a team without a targetman which Roeder has admitted we need. So we were playing a 4-5-1 formation, something the players arent used too because of this. I anticipate this problem will be sorted in time for the new season.

And lets remember one other thing, Tottenham -i dont care what you say - are a classside with class players. Theyve brought Modric and Dos Santos, one who tormented England in two qualifiers and one who was in Barca''s 1st team last season, scoring a hattrick on the final day. They didnt bring their reserves, they brought a quality side.

So, Please Please Please stop the dom and gloom. Glen''s building a new team, they need time to gel and you only saw half of that tonight.

[quote user="Huddy "]

Lets put a few things straight before (no, its too late, alrready we are going down apparantly) everybody starts moaning about us being so awful.

We lost 5-1, and yes it looks as if our defence was a bit of a mess. That was a defence including Stefanvoic making his debut, Omosuzi playing a bit out of pposition and neither will have played with Bertrand before. We also had no left back on the bench so i presume that due to Bertrands injury the back four that started the 2nd half was a bit of a pic n mix! (Semmy-clingan?-dejan-omosuzi?), Lets be fair that isnt a defence we will line up with.

This was a Norwich squad without Bell, Lupoli and kennedy 3 of our new signings and a team without a targetman which Roeder has admitted we need. So we were playing a 4-5-1 formation, something the players arent used too because of this. I anticipate this problem will be sorted in time for the new season.

And lets remember one other thing, Tottenham -i dont care what you say - are a classside with class players. Theyve brought Modric and Dos Santos, one who tormented England in two qualifiers and one who was in Barca''s 1st team last season, scoring a hattrick on the final day. They didnt bring their reserves, they brought a quality side.

So, Please Please Please stop the dom and gloom. Glen''s building a new team, they need time to gel and you only saw half of that tonight.

[/quote]

Very good post, good to see someone talking sense!

[quote user="Huddy "]

So, Please Please Please stop the doom and gloom. Glen''s building a new team, they need time to gel and you only saw half of that tonight.

[/quote]Just repeating to save saying it in another thread myself.

I am old enough to remember pre-season when we were in the top division, late 80''s or early 90''s, anyway, we did crap and then had an excellent season, stop panicking!things don''t change over night, we have half a new team to bed in, it will take time.

Yes i agree. What i hate is all these people that come on here and slag the team off. It is a friendly for fucks sake. Crewe beat Hull 4-0 and Lincoln beat Aston Villa 3-1, That must be Brown and O''neill getting the sack then. It will take time to bed these players in and get them working as a unit. I always aim to take the positives from a friendly and there were a few. I thought Clingan and Hoolahan looked good. Croft done well and so did Otsemebor. I will support my team till the day i die and i think when they gel together it will be a good team.

Shut up C.T., tonight proves nothing, here here to the first post.

I hate the negativity people bring, god it makes me so angry how fickle some Norwich fans are.

[quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

Well said, a great post full of sense.

I''d buy you a pint mate

[/quote]you sound about 10, soo good luck buying him a pint

Does anyone seriously think that Glenn Roeder will find that display acceptable?

This is the start of a three year plan.  Things will not be perfect on day one.

I agree totally with the first post on this thread (and have said much the same elsewhere). 

People who are writing us off already are either not real supporters or need to get out a bit more.  We had what I would consider to be 4 new first choice players unavailable, Stefanovic playing his first preseason game and (as Shacks was coming back from injury with Doc not available) a makeshift pairing at c/b.  And this against a top half Premiership side who would have beaten us whoever we''d have been playing. 

To get quite the response that some have given is nothing short of astonishing to me.

[quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]

Here Here

I would like to stay positive but Stefanovic was worringly bad. He''s probably realised that which is why he''s got Kennedy.

Desperately need some fire power as we all know that Cureton and Martin aren''t the answer.

I liked Hoolahan and Clingan. Thought Omuzusi did pretty well.

Rebuilding a team from scratch will take seasons, not a season, settle in for the long run.

[quote user="Sausage Fingers"]

Yes i agree. What i hate is all these people that come on here and slag the team off. It is a friendly for fucks sake. Crewe beat Hull 4-0 and Lincoln beat Aston Villa 3-1, That must be Brown and O''neill getting the sack then. It will take time to bed these players in and get them working as a unit. I always aim to take the positives from a friendly and there were a few. I thought Clingan and Hoolahan looked good. Croft done well and so did Otsemebor. I will support my team till the day i die and i think when they gel together it will be a good team.

[/quote]

And Villa were terrible in the first half - they had nine first team players in the first half and scored one goal against Lincoln and looked truly terrible. They have struggled twice in the Intertoto against part timers and unless Mr O''Neill signs some players - and fast - they will be relegated.

You had a quality team against you tonight not a Spurs XI. Lincoln wasn''t a fluke - we played a very poor side.  You played a very good team tonight and while no one likes losing I think some degree of perspective needs to be kept. 

[quote user="C.T "]I''m not being negative!

The fact is we do need a big striker. Dont you EVER tell me to shut up again!!

[{][/quote]Somebody needed to!  [:S]

Read my 2 posts again (maybe another 4 times because I sense your a bit slow'') I havent attacked the club I''ve been AGREEING with everybody else and I was told to shut up. 

Maybe YOU should close your trap!

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Sausage Fingers"]

[/quote]

And Villa were terrible in the first half - they had nine first team players in the first half and scored one goal against Lincoln and looked truly terrible. They have struggled twice in the Intertoto against part timers and unless Mr O''Neill signs some players - and fast - they will be relegated.

You had a quality team against you tonight not a Spurs XI. Lincoln wasn''t a fluke - we played a very poor side.  You played a very good team tonight and while no one likes losing I think some degree of perspective needs to be kept. 

[/quote]

A very good team who have just lost or as good as lost their two strikers who scored 46 goals for them last season???

Lennon sat on the bench for most of the game also.

We are still shockingly bad down the spine of the team.

We should of kept Lewis.

Stefanovic looks dodgy.

Clingan done ok but we are still lightweight in the centre of the park and upfront.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Rebuilding a team from scratch will take seasons, not a season, settle in for the long run.

[/quote]

All on here should take note of this post.

And I agree totally.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="Sausage Fingers"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A very good team who have just lost or as good as lost their two strikers who scored 46 goals for them last season???

We should of kept Lewis.

Stefanovic looks dodgy.

Clingan done ok but we are still lightweight in the centre of the park and upfront.

[/quote]

Does this mean that you went to the game????[:^)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We should of kept Lewis.

Stefanovic looks dodgy.

[/quote]

And the prodigal son returns! Why do you only appear when we lose badly? I bet you were close to suicide the night we won ''nationwide division 1''!

[/quote]

[/quote]

We should of kept Lewis.

Stefanovic looks dodgy.

[/quote]

Where to start

One- Were you there?

Two- Bent is a 16m striker Dos Santos has just arrived for 8mil

Three- It was Dejan''s first game.

Four- Lewis? A second choice keeper would have made all the difference!