Sign in to follow this  
The Manager

Spurs supporters in with Norwich supporters???????

Alright C.T I apologise for that, it just angers me how narrow minded and naive our fans have come across tonight.

I can''t get over the fact that people can''t accept that Spurs fans were in the home end, and then have flipped their opinions on the back of 90 mins against a top 10 Prem side, with a top European manager.

Well i think its wrong!!!!!!! we all have our own opinons!!!!!!!  if i wanted to sit with away fans, i would of  bought an away ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Some spurs fan elbowed a norwich fan in the barclay and there was blood gushing out of his head everywhere
[/quote]

bull hang!

jas :)

ncfcstar your obviously a nice guy. unfortunatley not everyones as tolerant as you. and no one should be put at risk.thankfully there was no trouble tonight.

[quote user="The Manager"]

Forget about the team losing, my main concern is how many spurs supporters were allowed in with the norwich faithful? Surely that was putting all our fans at risk? I was at the river end, and was surrounded by spurs fans?  Anyone got any veiws

[/quote]Same here.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Alright C.T I apologise for that, it just angers me how narrow minded and naive our fans have come across tonight. I can''t get over the fact that people can''t accept that Spurs fans were in the home end, and then have flipped their opinions on the back of 90 mins against a top 10 Prem side, with a top European manager.[/quote]

Thanks for apologising mate [:D]

Hopefully we can move on and forget this incident ever happened[:P]

I had plenty of Spurs fans around me in the Lower Barclay, while I personally didn''t see any trouble from them, there could easily have been some in reaction to the foul abuse we were getting from the fans who had bothered to sit in the away section, who most certainly were not treating it in any way as a friendly.

It is horrible to watch the Canaries lose like that in any setting, friendly or not, and to have their fans in with us celebrating like they had won the league is offensive to me personally. It ruined the atmosphere for me.

Of course Budapest Canary, because 99.99% of football fans aren''t there to cause trouble, and that''s why I don''t understand why people are making such a fuss about it.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Of course Budapest Canary, because 99.99% of football fans aren''t there to cause trouble, and that''s why I don''t understand why people are making such a fuss about it.[/quote]

So hundreds singing "Your support is f****** s***!" at us for no reason is not trying to cause trouble in your book?

No it''s banter, bloody hell, were they in the away end by any chance as well?? Are you saying week in week out when that is chanted on the terraces they are asking for trouble??? OF COURSE THEY AREN''T!

Off-topic, but didn''t think it was necessary to start a new thread, so does anyone know Neil Doncaster''s email address please? [:|]

I''m not demading to know why we lost to a decent Premiership side by the way, or telling him who we should sign. Any help would be much appreciated.

Anyway, feel I should offer something to this thread so I''ll just say that away fans are in home areas for friendlys all the time. However, I personally felt that many Spurs fans didn''t act as appropriately as others have in the past - and by this I don''t just mean in the ground!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]No it''s banter, bloody hell, were they in the away end by any chance as well?? Are you saying week in week out when that is chanted on the terraces they are asking for trouble??? OF COURSE THEY AREN''T![/quote]

Calm down dear...

Up to a point, yes I think it is asking for trouble. And that''s why week in week out we''re separated, letting them mix with the home fans is, in turn, asking for trouble. All it takes is one gobby fan to take offense at another and all hell breaks loose.

Yes I know segregation happens for a reason, although I do think football could learn some lessons from other sports, but it will probably never change into something resembling rugby or cricket because of the ''gang'' culture surrounding football.

But this was a friendly, something that at the end of the day no one cares about. If it is asking for trouble, then you are saying that any chant aimed at an opposing set of fans is asking for trouble. This clearly is not the case, it does annoy me the way in which football fans take everything as an offensive act, rather than a bit of banter, which can be enjoyed by everyone.

But then I forget, the Barclay isn''t exactly the fountain of original chants is it, I''m sure many would take offence because they wouldn''t be able to come up with anything original as a retort.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Yes I know segregation happens for a reason, although I do think football could learn some lessons from other sports, but it will probably never change into something resembling rugby or cricket because of the ''gang'' culture surrounding football. But this was a friendly, something that at the end of the day no one cares about. If it is asking for trouble, then you are saying that any chant aimed at an opposing set of fans is asking for trouble. This clearly is not the case, it does annoy me the way in which football fans take everything as an offensive act, rather than a bit of banter, which can be enjoyed by everyone. But then I forget, the Barclay isn''t exactly the fountain of original chants is it, I''m sure many would take offence because they wouldn''t be able to come up with anything original as a retort.[/quote]

I realise everyone knows why segregation exists, I wasn''t trying to patronise you, just commenting...

My point is the way they were acting was not friendly at all, nor did it suggest mere banter. And yes a chant aimed at the opposing team that is abusive is asking for trouble, although we are safely separated. Like tormenting a dog on the other side of a fence, if you will. But tonight we were not safely separated, violence has occured at friendlies before and will again. And this is why I think it is wrong to not separate fans.

I wouldn''t like to comment about anyone else, but the Canaries are my team whatever setting they are playing in, I can''t just turn off that passion because it ''doesn''t matter'' at the end of the day. Some people would say no match REALLY matters, as we''ll be here supporting them whatever happens. And having abuse shouted by thugs because of that makes me angry. I know it shouldn''t, and I would never act on it. But some people will and do. Football has for a long time been warlike with opposing sides and I think it will always be so. I think for some people that is part of the attraction.

It probably shouldn''t get to me, but your vitriol towards other supporters is strange, being as we''re all on the same ''side''...

In what way is it vitriolic? It angers me that some people in this thread were so disgusted that away fans were in the home area, claiming they would be ''offended'' if they were at the game, or that they were ''intimidated'' as soon as they took their seats.

Now I am not making out that every fan is a saint, but come on, we all know that more often than not friendlies are attended by fans and their families, which is why I don''t see away fans sitting in the home area as such a problem, because I am guessing that the majority were with families themselves.

In some ways I am hoping that I can get some NCFC fans to wake up and smell the roses in my other thread about the way they are fickle, which is undeniable by anyone who can actually sit down and look at the reality of the whole situation. In this thread, I have expressed my anger at the fact that people were so against having away fans in the home area, it is a friendly, and therefore would in most cases produce a friendly atmosphere, which could as in rugby and cricket leave to non-segregated matches, which I have experienced at Lords, Chelmsford, Grace Road and the Tigers Ground in Leicester. The reason segregation will always be in place is not just because of the gang culture around football, but also because of the attitudes that have been expressed on this thread tonight.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Off-topic, but didn''t think it was necessary to start a new thread, so does anyone know Neil Doncaster''s email address please? [:|]

I''m not demading to know why we lost to a decent Premiership side by the way, or telling him who we should sign. Any help would be much appreciated.

Anyway, feel I should offer something to this thread so I''ll just say that away fans are in home areas for friendlys all the time. However, I personally felt that many Spurs fans didn''t act as appropriately as others have in the past - and by this I don''t just mean in the ground!

[/quote]Email me, and I''ll give you the address

I have to agree. I was in the River End and was surprised at the number of Spurs fans around me. Most were fine however one, who was not wearing a shirt pushed past me, my programme touched his back and he accused me of stabbing him! I policed several City/Town derbies and never felt as intimidated as I did tonight.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]In what way is it vitriolic? It angers me that some people in this thread were so disgusted that away fans were in the home area, claiming they would be ''offended'' if they were at the game, or that they were ''intimidated'' as soon as they took their seats. Now I am not making out that every fan is a saint, but come on, we all know that more often than not friendlies are attended by fans and their families, which is why I don''t see away fans sitting in the home area as such a problem, because I am guessing that the majority were with families themselves. In some ways I am hoping that I can get some NCFC fans to wake up and smell the roses in my other thread about the way they are fickle, which is undeniable by anyone who can actually sit down and look at the reality of the whole situation. In this thread, I have expressed my anger at the fact that people were so against having away fans in the home area, it is a friendly, and therefore would in most cases produce a friendly atmosphere, which could as in rugby and cricket leave to non-segregated matches, which I have experienced at Lords, Chelmsford, Grace Road and the Tigers Ground in Leicester. The reason segregation will always be in place is not just because of the gang culture around football, but also because of the attitudes that have been expressed on this thread tonight.[/quote]

Things like calling other fans idiots, making a snidey comment about the Barclay being jealous for not having an original retort etc, thats what I meant by vitriol. You seem overly sensitive about all of this.

Plus, surely the attitudes on this thread are brought about by the gang culture? I think one perpetuates the other.

I felt slightly intimidated, or maybe thats not the right word, perhaps uncomfortable is a better word, as I know problems can occur when opposing teams mix. And it did annoy me being so close to them while they celebrated. Also, as I''ve said several times the abusive chanting got to me. It always does, but it was too close to home this time, for me. It made it not in the least bit friendly. It was not the matter of jolly hockey sticks and may the best man win that you seem to want.

You don''t seem to like football that much, so why not stick to rugby and cricket? If you don''t mind me saying...

As for the fickle fans thing, I think people will calm down more after the dust has settled a bit and they can take a step back. It was bad tonight, but not necessarily the death knell for the whole season. It was not a normal match and we cannot judge.

I''m sorry if you''ve said already, but just out of interest, were you at the game tonight?

[quote user="racingcanary"]I have to agree. I was in the River End and was surprised at the number of Spurs fans around me. Most were fine however one, who was not wearing a shirt pushed past me, my programme touched his back and he accused me of stabbing him! I policed several City/Town derbies and never felt as intimidated as I did tonight.[/quote]

[:O] Blimey!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]In what way is it vitriolic? It angers me that some people in this thread were so disgusted that away fans were in the home area, claiming they would be ''offended'' if they were at the game, or that they were ''intimidated'' as soon as they took their seats. Now I am not making out that every fan is a saint, but come on, we all know that more often than not friendlies are attended by fans and their families, which is why I don''t see away fans sitting in the home area as such a problem, because I am guessing that the majority were with families themselves. In some ways I am hoping that I can get some NCFC fans to wake up and smell the roses in my other thread about the way they are fickle, which is undeniable by anyone who can actually sit down and look at the reality of the whole situation. In this thread, I have expressed my anger at the fact that people were so against having away fans in the home area, it is a friendly, and therefore would in most cases produce a friendly atmosphere, which could as in rugby and cricket leave to non-segregated matches, which I have experienced at Lords, Chelmsford, Grace Road and the Tigers Ground in Leicester. The reason segregation will always be in place is not just because of the gang culture around football, but also because of the attitudes that have been expressed on this thread tonight.[/quote]

Were you at the game?

I was in the River End surrounded by Spurs fans , who were making comments and basically saying " little Norwich " country boys etc  - with their Norfolk accents , who annoyed me but were I suppose pretty harmless , I have always found Spurs fans to be arrogant and My Daughter at the end said " why are spurs fans all arrogant - what have they got to be arrogant about "

My son was not keen on having spurs fans around him and found it pretty intimidating

There must be a way the club can identify who brought what tickets ( mine had our names on them ) and surely letters can be sent offering a kid for a quid ticket or a leaflet and map showing White hart Lane - sure most of them hve never been   

No I wasn''t at the game, but I did see it on tv, and being a season ticket holder I think that I have just as much of a valid opinion when it comes to the behaviour of fans as anyone else. To be fair what I said about the Barclay is true!

I can kind of see what you mean about the ''gang'' culture, but attitudes that exist at the moment were created in the 70s and 80s not in modern football. What annoyed me the most is that this has been going on for days, people wondering if Spurs fans were going to be sitting in the home area etc etc, now when we were in the Prem I remember the Spurs game (on Boxing Day if I remember right?) and there were some away fans in the home areas. They got promptly removed, because they were not displaying the right attitude, are you telling me that last night that all the Spurs fans were really that bad? I don''t think so, because I think, like most on this board, they are football fans with families and do not want trouble, which like I said is only caused by that small small percentage of fans. Football is without a doubt far more of a family sport than it ever used to be, because people enjoy going to the games, knowing that no trouble is going to take place.

I think the argument about the chanting, although valid, is not really a reason to be too nervous, if it was a league game then yes, remove the fans, but this was a friendly and therefore I don''t think the same rules apply, many a time I have sat in the home ends at friendlies, either due to the fact that my friends support the other team, or because I couldn''t get a ticket in the away end. What I think is there is a whole attitude around football that means even if the Spurs fans were not causing ''trouble'' people would still be moaning, about what I don''t see as too much of a concern.

I love the game of football, and I love my club, in what way have you decided that I don''t like it? Because I don''t agree with the majority of fans is not really a reason for me to dislike it. Perhaps it is because I hit a bit close to home about what I said about the Barclay, but I don''t know. I will support my club through thick or thin, and that is all I can say about that.

I do think in general football fans are fickle, it is the nature of the beast, but I think in some regards, Norwich fans are more fickle than most, you here the views on Canary Call change every week, much like the views in the stands. It is typical of Norwich fans that before last night people were preaching the quality of our players and how they will see us into the Premiership, and then suddenly after a meaningless game we are going to struggle, or according to Wiz ''relegation certs''. Now tell me that isn''t fickle.

Didn''t bother me one bit. It was a friendly, if a league game, then that wuld be different. I sat with Spurs mates and like a few where we were sitting, they cheered when they scored, but did not stay standing and goading etc. Not a problem, its only a problem if you get the odd person who just stands there and screams Spurs songs and anti Norwich songs, but I didn''t see any.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]No I wasn''t at the game, but I did see it on tv, and being a season ticket holder I think that I have just as much of a valid opinion when it comes to the behaviour of fans as anyone else. [/quote]

Sorry mate but as soon as you wrote this then all your comments on tonights game become invalid.

Yes we have all had opposing supporters around us but tonight was a step too far IMO.

I wasn''t at the game, I didn''t get the chance to watch it on TV either as I was working.I don''t understand what is wrong with City fans at the moment.   There seems to be a constant desire to whinge and moan at the slightest affront to their self-perceived dignity.  If it isn''t the fact that we aren''t sticking 7 past an "average side" to quote another post on another thread, it''s moaning about having to sit next to an away fan at a friendly (God forbid!).I had the pleasure of following Norwich during some of the better years and have good memories of playing Spurs at White Hart Lane one evening - the game was an apparent sell-out & me & a mate were queuing to get into the away fans end when news came through that it was full.    The turnstile staff were happy to let us in, arranged for the police to escort us around the edge of the pitch and then put us in the Spurs standing end...this was a while ago when there was still nasty whiff of hooliganry around football so I wasn''t too excited by the prospect of standing with the Spurs fans BUT they were great.  There was plenty of banter, NO menace and the experience was such that I can happily quote it on here today.Some of you people need to get real, stop behaving like you''ve been victims of some vicious crime and grow up & smell the roses.

I didn''t find it a problem at all. However, there was a whiny cow who stood up for every spurs goal, and then celebrated for a minute longer than everyone else. She was incredibly irritating.