Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

This Must Be Disappointing for Roeder As Well

Last night''s 5-1 hammering must also have been a major disappointment for the hierarchy now in control of Carrow Road.After creating an air of secrecy and mystery surrounding events at Colney; after seemingly abandoning the traditional unveiling of the ''new'' team; abandoning interviews with anything and anyone associated with Archant; I believe that last night was the big unveiling.Here was Roeder saying to the media and the fans: ''Here you are. This is what we have been secretly up to and this is what we have produced. A new super Canaries'' side.''He sent let lose his new team of lions out to play with the big boys confident that they would be able to match superior skill and fitness with guts and fight. What did he get? A 5-1 hammering for his team of lambs.Where does he go to from here? It''s certainly back to the drawing board, only this time with an air of urgency and panic with the new season fast approaching.He certainly hasn''t much time to turn this lot around into a championship challenging outfit.Yes, I believe last night''s defeat was also a big disappointment for Roeder and his backroom  staff.

Although I don''t agree with this post, it did strike me that Glenn did have the look of a man thinking: " Sweet Jesus, how do I get from here to there????"

i sat right behind dugout and at times on touchline he looked clueless!! he has nowhere to hide though now as this is HIS team!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]i sat right behind dugout and at times on touchline he looked clueless!! he has nowhere to hide though now as this is HIS team!!![/quote]

Other than the embarrassing Patty, his signings look on the whole very good to me. Much better quality than what he has had to inherit. Rome wasn''t rebuilt from the ground up in a day.

Norwich are not as good as Spurs. They gave us a spanking. Matty Patty was poor. Wes was good. So was Semmy.

Excactly what does roeder do in order not to look hopeless.

Do you remember spurs taking the piss out of arsenal last season in league cup.

Did wenger also look clueless?

okay this is annoying me now. I see where you are going with this post but the drama on these forums are borderline ridiculous. We got spanked because we dropped our guard for 25 minutes of the game we were outclassed by a team crammed with multi million pound international stars who i think will do very well this season in the prem (the best league in world football).

What were people expecting from last night exactly?  I thought Wes looked quality, especially in the first half, Croft was lively, Marshall looked secure, Ozzy looked good, Cureton took his goal well, Fotheringham looked hungry as captain... so we screwed up in the 2nd half against a far superior team.

Who cares. If you dont like losing, go support Man Utd. Just stop with the Roeder out crap.

Three signings not playing; two or three still to come and new partnerships being formed.

Glenn is a realist and will be far from happy with many aspects of the game but it is work in progressn and he is hardly looking for a bridge to throw himself off just yet.

Whilst I have little time for Roeder last night was a match with a team that plays football against a team trying to play football. I felt that we have a long way to go with some real areas of weakness which a team less skilled than Spurs will easily exploit. Hopefully new signings will ease things but the ability of the manager to bring it all together is in my opinion somewaht in doubt.

Roeder''s hand was somewhat forced into playing a 4-5-1 formation.I think that this was the biggest problem we had yesterday.Curo is not a target man and there''s no point in asking him to hold the ball up.  The midfield weren''t really pushing forwards and thus we had absolutely no outlet from defence.  When that happens you are resigned to handing over possession and then merely doing what you can on the break.A more conventional 4-4-2 will resolve a lot of the problems we saw....especially if Pattison is not playing in it.

[quote user="baldyboy"]i sat right behind dugout and at times on touchline he looked clueless!! he has nowhere to hide though now as this is HIS team!!![/quote]

2 points to make on this BB.

1, If you sat behind him how could you tell he looked clueless? Did you have one of those extendable mirrors?

2, With all due respect to Mr Roeder, I dont think asthetically he looks much of a ''my face shows my thoughts type'', I could be wrong and maybe Glenn should do some faces in the mirror to help resolve that ''clueless look''. 

I think as a team it was a bit early to be playing a team like spurs,bet we would give them a better game in 6 months. got a feelin that this season wont be long enough for us, i think we will gel together but too late to go up this year.