Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

Player Ratings v Spurs

Out of 10 :

1.  Marshall (6) - not a lot he could do for 4 of the goals but mistake for 1.  Kept the score down

2.  Otsemobor (7) - defensively good, pace got him out of trouble, distribution needs improvement

3.  Bertrand (6) - composed when on the pitch

4.  Clingan (6) - had a good first 30 minutes, then can''t remember a lot about him

5.  Omozumi (6) - exposed, but looks a good defender.  Not too confortable in the centre I feel though

6 Stefanovic (3) - no wonder Fulham fans were pleased to see the back of him.  Crap

7.  Croft (7) - can''t trap cement but never stopped trying

8.  Fotheringham (5) - why is this gut captain?  Other than one crunching tackle on Modric, did nothing.  Hardly inspiring as a captain / leader

9.  Cureton (6) - felt sorry for him.  Cannot plough a lone furrow, when at 5'' 8" Marshall continually hoofs the ball in the air towards him

10.  Hollihan (7) - excellent 1st half, faded but doesn''t look too bad a prospect

11.  Pattison (2) - why?  This gut can trap a ball further than I can kick one.  OK, played out of position when Bertrand went off injured, but not even Championship standard

Subs

Russell (5) - other than a shot in the last 5 minutes, did he do anything else?

Martin (4) - only had 20 minutes, but if he claims he is fitter and raring to go, it didn''t show

Chadwick (5) - too little time for a proper assessment

Shackell (5) - better than Stefanovic.  Other than Pattison, who wasn''t.

So, for all of you with renewed optimism for the season, I suggest you re-think.  OK, it was a Permier League side, but no Keane, Berbatov and they destroyed us.

More signings required Mr Roeder.

Marshall deserved more than 6, I feel.Why not add one to Marshall''s score, take one off Pattison and we''ll call it quits.4-5-1 blows.

It was a pre season friendly against a team who is clearly far better than us, who cares???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I wrote the following on another post so I think it fits here too. Just tell me to feck off if you think im talking old tosh. [;)]From watching the game tonight i am still happy with were we are so

far. I think there are many positives such as Hoolahan and Clingan.

Also I think Semmy and Ozzy have done well showing strength and pace.

In the first half we looked sharp, fotheringham looked strong and

bertrand was looking good. Its just we ran out of steam. Patty at left

back struggled and sometimes got caught out with diving in. Playing JC

up front on his own made going forward difficult but even if we had

Ronaldo (Cry baby not bugs bunny) up front it would not have made any

difference as we couldnt get the service up to the front. All in all im

happy that the lads got some good fitness and good workout. Thought

Spurs looked good for top 6 finish in the prem. Only downsides in my

opinion was Marshall didnt look too sharp apart from his reflex saves

(very good), Patty but not his strongest position, Crofts service into

the box (but we all know about that) and Feckin Bent but heh ho. I look

forward to Coventry because they are a million miles away from what we

played tonight. A bit like us but we''re getting there. Remember before

all the moaning starts tomorrow that until we kick off our first few

games we still wont really have an idea how we will fair. I remember

our promotion season getting beat in Aug by Nottingham Forest, i was

thinking then here we go again and look what

happened........................................................

Marshall (6) - worried me a bit.  Some excellent reflex saves, but one of his kicks hardly got out of the box - generally tried to bowl it out, though, which is much the better tactic. Positioning occasionally awful.Semmy (7) - curate''s egg performance. Doesn''t seem to have a natural footballing brain, has to think about what he''s going to do next. Bloody quick though; it amused me when the Spurs player (Bale?) tried to knock the ball past him & Semmy beat him in 1st gear.Omuzusi (6) - looked classy to start with, but eventually got run ragged. First game though & can probably improve.Stefanovic (5) - looked dead classy to begin with, then scored a classy OG & thereafter looked just dead. Might jjust be rusty. Let''s hope so.Bertrand (7) - tidy & composed. Could see him inm the Prem. Just pray he''s OK.Croft (6) - similar to Semmy, really. Tracks back well. Kept picking the wrong option  - desperately needs a lot of coaching, I reckon. Not well served by overhit passes from midfield.Clingan (7) - quite impressed. Good tackler, decent passer & seemed to have a bit of time on the ball. Potentially a playmaker.Fozzy (7) - not bad; similar to Clingan, but overall not quite as good. A decent Champ midfielder.Hoolahan (7) - would have been more if he''d been in it more. Definite Prem potential - can see him ripping a few defences apart this season.Pattison (4) - oh dear. But, to be fair, I think he''s trying too hard - he''s over-anxious to impress. The way he overran the ball over the goal line at the start of the match looked like pure nerves to me. Needs someone to give him confidence methinks.Jamie (7) - Poor bugger. He is NOT a line leader. He hasn''t the pace or power to beat this class of defender. BUT I was mightily impressed with the way he took his goal & he showed some touches of real class - generally he made the best of a bad job. With a strong guy to play off of he could yet do well  - I could see why he succeeded at Colchester.Subs not on long enough to assess really. Not at all impressed by Martin though I''m afraid.           I thought it was a shame they didn''t try & play it through the middle more; to start with, Norwich were winning all the tackles & Clingan, Fozzy &, especially Hoolahan, looked like they had the ability to put Jamie through. Getting Lee to cross it in to him was never going to work.Early days .....

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Out of 10 :

1.  Marshall (6) - not a lot he could do for 4 of the goals but mistake for 1.  Kept the score down

2.  Otsemobor (7) - defensively good, pace got him out of trouble, distribution needs improvement

3.  Bertrand (6) - composed when on the pitch

4.  Clingan (6) - had a good first 30 minutes, then can''t remember a lot about him

5.  Omozumi (6) - exposed, but looks a good defender.  Not too confortable in the centre I feel though

6 Stefanovic (3) - no wonder Fulham fans were pleased to see the back of him.  Crap

7.  Croft (7) - can''t trap cement but never stopped trying

8.  Fotheringham (5) - why is this gut captain?  Other than one crunching tackle on Modric, did nothing.  Hardly inspiring as a captain / leader

9.  Cureton (6) - felt sorry for him.  Cannot plough a lone furrow, when at 5'' 8" Marshall continually hoofs the ball in the air towards him

10.  Hollihan (7) - excellent 1st half, faded but doesn''t look too bad a prospect

11.  Pattison (2) - why?  This gut can trap a ball further than I can kick one.  OK, played out of position when Bertrand went off injured, but not even Championship standard

Subs

Russell (5) - other than a shot in the last 5 minutes, did he do anything else?

Martin (4) - only had 20 minutes, but if he claims he is fitter and raring to go, it didn''t show

Chadwick (5) - too little time for a proper assessment

Shackell (5) - better than Stefanovic.  Other than Pattison, who wasn''t.

[/quote]Pretty much totally agreed except I''d knock a couple of marks off Croft and one off Fotheringham.I''d like to add one of my own though:Programme Seller (10) - For letting me have the programme for £3 (that''s all I had with me) even though it was £4 (didn''t realise they''d bung on an extra quid for this one). Top man. Best bit of the evening in fact.

the thing everyone is missing here is the fact that Spurs have spent more money this summer than Norwich City are worth. they came here and played a masterclass performance with slick passing and 4 well taken goals. (although Curetons goal was excellent) Norwich were solid in the first half and managed to play some decent footy. come the start of the season they will face lesser opposition to Spurs and based on that first 30 we can get a few good results. The City side looked confident, focused and fit which more than can be said about last season. The main thing is the superiority of the spurs slick one touch passing and the pace of Modric and O''hara caused problems. City just kept chasing and worn themselves out to fast. Ok there are strong teams in the championship and City may get beaten a few times but i feel that Roeder DID NOT field his starting league 11 and we may yet see more players arriving, ie: Amoebe or better. everyone is entitled to their opinion of the game last night but lets try and look at this as just a friendly. thats it. If anyone wants to throw critism at the team then they should look at themselves first because the City support last night was poor. So what if it was a sell out.  the spurs fans took a huge amount of the tickets. apart from the start "On the ball city", there was nothing from the city faithfull.  the Spurs fans were vocal as always and made us all look like fools and that doesnt happen at Carrow road. I hope when the seats fill with city butts for the Blackpool game we will be back to normal and vocal and giving the away fans some abuse.  Overall i am disapointed at the score line but feel we have got the makings of a good team there and look forward to Blackpool on the 16th. 

The spurs fans took up more seats and the norwich fans, because all these spurs fans who live in norwich who have never even been to London come over to see them for the one and only time (so called fans...)

The spurs fans were sounding like it was a league game, jumping for joy and sounding like their life was on the line... it was a friendly, most City fans went to see the new faces and see this new "in your face" Norwich team.

When the league matches start the support will be back to normal, do not worry :)

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]The spurs fans took up more seats and the norwich fans, because all these spurs fans who live in norwich who have never even been to London come over to see them for the one and only time (so called fans...)

The spurs fans were sounding like it was a league game, jumping for joy and sounding like their life was on the line... it was a friendly, most City fans went to see the new faces and see this new "in your face" Norwich team.

When the league matches start the support will be back to normal, do not worry :)[/quote]Either there was plenty of Spurs fans who happened to be joining in ''lets speak with a Narfolk accent'' day, or they were just people who had decided to buy a Spurs shirt for some reason like they once saw a white rabbit and become Spurs fans.  You know who you are, your other shirts a Man Utd one and the closest you''ve been to London or the Mancs is Potter Heigham.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Carrow Roeder"]The spurs fans took up more seats and the norwich fans, because all these spurs fans who live in norwich who have never even been to London come over to see them for the one and only time (so called fans...)

When the league matches start the support will be back to normal, do not worry :)[/quote]Either there was plenty of Spurs fans who happened to be joining in ''lets speak with a Narfolk accent'' day, or they were just people who had decided to buy a Spurs shirt for some reason like they once saw a white rabbit and become Spurs fans.  You know who you are, your other shirts a Man Utd one and the closest you''ve been to London or the Mancs is Potter Heigham.

[/quote]I was in the upper barclay as usual last night and i spotted a Man Utd shirt outside the ground and a Newcastle Utd shirt in the bar area.  now thats just stupid..  As for the bulgarians in the upper barclay, i have no clue what the was singing but it sounded like "take off the barcode"

[quote user="Noel Gallagher"]Am I the only one that thought Steffo looked good last night? He didn''t lose a thing in the air.

[/quote]

Noel...you''re not alone...I thought there was some good stuff in Steffo''s defending, particularly from the high ball. Of course, we were defending very deep for much of the game last night and defensively it seemed quite cluttered. Time will tell how he performs with more expansive play...not sure how quick he is and as an older horse who has seen the best of his playing days, I suggest, what will hs motivation be like as we battle it out at some of the less impressive venues in the Championship. I thought he might take a greater role in marshalling the back four given is experience.