Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Your starting 11 next season.

Im curious to know what you guys and gals would put out as your starting 11 for the start of the season??  take a look at what we have already and the maybe players we think might sign soon.  I wonder how similar you all wll be in your choices. I would Go for,                                     Cureton     Lupoli             Hoolahan       Fotheringham     Clingan        Croft            Bertrand       Shackell      Stefanovic      Otsemobor                                          Marshall.Bench: Omuzusi, Russell, Martin, Chadwick, Amoebe(if we get him)

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]Im curious to know what you guys and gals would put out as your starting 11 for the start of the season??  take a look at what we have already and the maybe players we think might sign soon.  I wonder how similar you all wll be in your choices.

I would Go for,

Cureton     Lupoli

Hoolahan       Fotheringham     Clingan        Croft

Bertrand       Shackell      Stefanovic      Otsemobor

Marshall.

Bench: Omuzusi, Russell, Martin, Chadwick, Amoebe(if we get him)[/quote]

If we signed Ameobi, he would surely start instead of Cureton???

Pretty much what i''m thinking by going with the squad we have, may change formation slightly and play hools behind the lone striker and have Bell on wing for away games.

Mine would be

Marshall

Otsemobor           Stefanovic               Shacks               Bertrand

Bell                       Clingan                   Fozzy                 Hoolahan

Lupoli

New big striker           

Subs: Koteles (if we get him), Cureton, Russel, Croft, Doc (when fit)

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]Im curious to know what you guys and gals would put out as your starting 11 for the start of the season??  take a look at what we have already and the maybe players we think might sign soon.  I wonder how similar you all wll be in your choices. I would Go for,                                     Cureton     Lupoli             Hoolahan       Fotheringham     Clingan        Croft            Bertrand       Shackell      Stefanovic      Otsemobor                                          Marshall.Bench: Omuzusi, Russell, Martin, Chadwick, Amoebe(if we get him)[/quote] So you think we would sign Ameobe and then put him on the bench. If we sign him he will probably cost more than all the other signing put together and you think he''ll start on the bench. He would be the only target man at the club and you''d have him on the bench. I''m not in favour of signing they guy. Over priced and over rated but trust me if we get him he won''t be on the bench!

how did last night not tell you we need somebody fairly big up top?

Marshall

Omozusi, Kennedy, Stefanovic, Bertrand

Bell, Clingan, Fotheringham, Hoolahan

Cureton, new striker

i really rate Lupoli but Cureton has looked sharp in pre-season and confident again

Based on what we have so far, would have to be...

Cureton Lupoli

Hoolahan

Russell Fotheringham Bell

Bertrand Stefanovic Omozusi Otsemobor

Marshall

Not sure why that post went wrong... 4 3 1 2 with Hoolahan in the CAM role would be my starting 11 :)

Once we get a big solid striker such as Shola... then we can resort to 4 4 2 and whip in crosses from the flanks for Lupoli and Shola

At the minute... playing crosses in for headers is a no go with two short players so it needs to be threaded balls through and attacking runs from Hoolahan...

Ameobi     Lupoli

Hoolahan       Fotheringham     Clingan        Bell
            Bertrand       Kennedy      Stefanovic      Omozusi
                                          Marshall.

I''m obviously relying on a striker that we don''t yet have, but whoever we get, Ameobi,Rasiak,Howard would automatically get in my 4-4-2 with Cureton as sub, or preferably sell him. Sorry to those who like him but I think he''s had more than enough time to prove himself, he does talk well but how many times can a striker be forgiven for missing the preverbial barn door?

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

Ameobi     Lupoli

Hoolahan       Fotheringham     Clingan        Bell
            Bertrand       Kennedy      Stefanovic      Omozusi
                                          Marshall.

I''m obviously relying on a striker that we don''t yet have, but whoever we get, Ameobi,Rasiak,Howard would automatically get in my 4-4-2 with Cureton as sub, or preferably sell him. Sorry to those who like him but I think he''s had more than enough time to prove himself, he does talk well but how many times can a striker be forgiven for missing the preverbial barn door?

[/quote]

Thats y side id put out also... However i would play stefanovic on the left sided CB as he is left footed and Kennedy the other side cos he is right footed... Then i would play russel instead of fotheringham...

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]No way Bell over Croft[/quote]

what use is a winger who has no composure? can''t cross, pass or shoot when in the final third

[/quote]

Rather have a player that has prem experience than a player who has div 1 experience

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]

what use is a winger who has no composure? can''t cross, pass or shoot when in the final third

[/quote]

Rather have a player that has prem experience than a player who has div 1 experience

[/quote]

So in our Prem season we should have bought Michael Ricketts instead of Dean Ashton? Serious question...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
So in our Prem season we should have bought Michael Ricketts instead of Dean Ashton? Serious question...
[/quote]

Yes[:P]

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]how did last night not tell you we need somebody fairly big up top?[/quote]Simple really, I felt we were playing the wrong type of football for the players we had out.If you''re going to play long balls over the top then you really should have a target man, we weren''t so what''s the excuse for those type of balls being played constantly?WE DON''T NEED A TARGET MAN, we instead need to concentrate on playing passing football in the vein of teams like Arsenal, and in the manner that put us into Europe regularly in the 80''s/90''s (apart from the hassle over Heysel)...

The Alternative Team..........

Martin            Renton

Lappin          Pattison        Chadwick    Croft

Drury             Shackell         Spillane      Omozusi

Nelson

Subs:   Marshall, Bell, Hoolahoop, Stefanavic, Clingan, Cureton

Err yes we do and may I remind you that we had probably the best one we ever had during our heyday in the 80s a certain Mr C Sutton ??.

We have nobody to hold the ball up and bring other in , playing the way you suggest with our current squad would result in one thing relegation. thank got Roeder is the manager not you.

4-4-1-1                      MarshallSemmy Shackell Stefanovic   DruryChadwick Clingan Fozzy Bertrand                    Hoolahan    Mythical Massive Striker.

you must be taking the mick, playing drury and chadwick and otsemobor ahead of omuzusi                  MarshallOmuzusi   Kennerdy  Stefanovic  BertrandBell      Clingan       Fozzy   Hoolahan                Lupoli    Some big man

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Err yes we do and may I remind you that we had probably the best one we ever had during our heyday in the 80s a certain Mr C Sutton ??.[/quote]Despite Sutton not appearing for the first team until the 91-92 season...Our strongest league performances in general were between 1983-1993, of which Sutton only really contributed to that final season of that period. Have you forgotten about our regular qualification for Europe before Sutton even got near the first team?During that time, Deehan wasn''t a target man, neither were Drinkell, Fleck, Robins (just gets in) or Biggins. The main target man we had during that period was arguably Rosario, and he was not a great player, and most of the time we succeeded despite him playing! We had a much better standard of TEAM performance, with players like Sherwood, Townsend, Allen etc, all contributing. This was what we acheived playing PASSING football and not relying on a lump upfront to hold the ball up...

[quote]We have nobody to hold the ball up and bring other in , playing the way you suggest with our current squad would result in one thing relegation. thank got Roeder is the manager not you.[/quote]

I see, so Argentina have a target man holding the ball up? I''m sure Tevez does a similar job for Man Utd...

Arsenal have played without a specific target man for the last 6-7 years, and despite current first choice striker Adebayor''s strength and balance, we don''t see them lumping endless long balls forward.

I guess West Ham are screwed with Ashton and Bellamy then, as neither of them are big ''target men''.

Spurs weren''t playing long balls over the top to Darren Bent, or relying on him to hold the ball up, and despite this obvious error by Ramos,  Bent put 4 past us, yet you seem to feel that a team can''t manage to score goals without playing a big man upfront.

The majority of teams DO play a target man purely because they don''t look to play short, passing, possession football, and therefore need to have a player of this mould upfront to complement their style of play.

If we are looking to focus on a close passing game (again something Roeder has alluded towards), then we don''t need a target man. If anything, it would just help to encourage the players to start punting hopeful balls forward, instead of concentrating on possession and being patient for a good chance.

We have the players to play a shorter passing game, Roeder seems to feel the same otherwise he wouldn''t have signed half of them and stated he wanted to play better, passing football.

Still, it''s easy to mock others when your own vision is limited...

Marshall

Otsemobor  Kennedy      Stefanovic   Bertrand

Bell         Clingan        Fotheringham    Hoolahan

Cureton or Loopy    Argos Targetman

Otsemobor... I dont think Omozusi is as good really. Sorry. Anyway, Kennedy I dont think has come without the promise of games, and Stefanovic I think will be fairly important to us this season. Bell is there- yes I am aware hes tooootally injured, but this is an ideal one formation. Apart from that I guess the team picks itself.  

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

[/quote]

Totally agree!!! Croft is an absolute liability! Has failed to produce any type of form this since we signed him, and his goal scoring record for an "attacking" player is laughable!

[quote user="londoncanary"]Totally agree!!! Croft is an absolute

liability! Has failed to produce any type of form this since we signed

him, and his goal scoring record for an "attacking" player is

laughable![/quote]Really,Croft scored a single league goal last season, not a great return admittedly...However...Perhaps

then you feel that players such as Emmanuel Eboue, Anderson,  (0 league

goals last season), Paul Scholes (1 league goal last season), Shaun

Wright-Phillips, Aaron Lennon (2 league goals last season), Ryan Giggs,

Nani, and Benayoun (3 league goals last season), were ALL also

laughable players last season due to their poor goal scoring record???We''re

talking about some of the most established or promising younger players

in the league here, and in most cases they only managed a goal or two

more than Croft did, which is particularly intruiging considering the

quality of players around them compared to Croft.Croft CAN pass

a ball, his crossing is not great, but so what? Who on earth is he

aiming for? The height of players like Curo, Martin or Lupoli??? Croft

can do a very good job if he concentrates on keeping the ball on the

deck and running at the defenders, and being fair, many wingers aren''t

the best shots in the game, if they were, chances are they''d be upfront.Give

the guy a break, as if we were actually getting him to play to his

strengths you''d see far more fans realise the quality he does possess.