Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

pattison

he''s the whipping boy at home games as lets me honest he''s rubbish at attacking he can''t pass and his shooting is just as bad as Croft''s but for away games he is gd cause hes good at intercepting and tackling and can help us grind out results away from home

so i like depending where we are playing really haha

[quote user="NCFC Sinky"]

he''s the whipping boy at home games as lets me honest he''s rubbish at attacking he can''t pass and his shooting is just as bad as Croft''s but for away games he is gd cause hes good at intercepting and tackling and can help us grind out results away from home

so i like depending where we are playing really haha

[/quote]

don''t agree what use is it chasing the ball like a headless chicken and then giving the ball away at every opportunity? it doesn''t matter whether you''re playing at Carrow Road or on the road, if you keep giving the ball away you''re not going to get results

[quote user="splatthecat"]No, he didn''t play well on Monday night and yes, he looks like buster bloodvessel but Matty Pattison had some fantastic games for us last season especially when he was employed just in front of the back four, I seem to remember out standing performances against Plymouth and in the game after his drink driving incident. Do we really have to have a boo boy before the season has even started ? He is no where near as bad as Hughes was and I actually think he could turn out to be a really good player for us (I seem to remember comparisons to Gary Holt when he first arrived) alot of the negativity in relation to the board has been fair grounds for complaint in my view , maybe the plans for protest have been a little over the top but some posters already saying he''s not fit to wear the yellow shirt actually makes my blood boil, it is that kind of negativity that rankles with me . Pattison signed on loan around November time ? In that time he produced a number of good performances some of which were excellent, even if this was not the case he should still be alloted a year to prove himself.[/quote]Easy tiger. Fantastic is a strong word. The guy is over weight has no pace and his passing for a midfielder is some of the worst I have ever seen. Couple that with his drink driving and the amount of money even he is on you can''t blame people for wanting something more than he gives. He''s not good enough for this league. He won''t play many game for us because he will rightfully be on the end of the crowds sharp tongue. He is an awful player why should he be given a year to prove what we can all see after a handful of games.

then if he really is sub-standard we have to question GR''s decision making.

You mention 2 good performances, what about the other 40 odd game a season we play! Two good games is NOT enough!

Get - Rid - Of - Him!

[quote user="splatthecat"] Leave Pattison Alone[/quote]If Roeder keeps his name off the team sheet, I''m happy to keep his name off the forum.

>Point being that there is getting on his back - and then there is being constructive. All this ''he''s useless'' is just offensive, thoughtless nonsense. (and all of you who fell for the ''muppet'' jibe, well, I rest my case...)

Hmm, so I ''fell'' for you making an insulting comment, which somehow makes me rather than you...''offensive'' and thoughtless. I''d argue your pointlessly offensive/aggressive style of posting is lacking in wit, style or the ''constructive'' criticism you wish see from others.

*sigh*

>When he first came here he was exactly what we needed - and nearly everyone agreed.

Yes, I just said that, as have others.

>What I''m saying is that he is far from ''useless'', because those with any brain will remember him being vital to us over the New Year.

Ah, so I do have a brain as I remember him playing well whilst on loan. Thanks for that confirmation.

>The point is that he is overweight and something is clearly wrong.

Yes, this is the point people are making.

>What we need is the old Patti back. But how do we get it?

Agreed, but is picking an overweight/off-form player the way forward? I don''t know. However, I do know that he did not play well and it might have been useful to see how Eagle did for 20-30 minutes against a Premiership club.

Commenting on a poor performance is perfectly fair and does not necessarily equate to making said player a ''scapegoat'' or ''whipping boy''.

He had had some quality games for us last season , he won man of the matches and gained praise from press and fans alike, I think its pretty petty to make personal slights about ''my standards'' , I''m asking for him to be given a fair crack of the whip BEFORE this season starts. I tell you we have had some poor managers and some poor players at Carrow Road in the last few years but some of the negativity that has reverberated around Carrow Road in recent years hasn''t helped either, the people that slag off patty already will be on Roeder''s back by Xmas, lets not have a boo boy , not yet anyway.

Well I don''t rate him as a left back and he should not be judged playing there. If anything I think he should be applauded for stepping up to play there and giving it a good go. He is still a young player and although a bit raw I think with our support and input from the manager and coaches he could turn out to be a good player for us. He''s a trier for sure.

I seem to remember a very good performance against Burnley at home last season- on the right wing! having swapped with Huckerby allow him back on his favourite side. He was causing no end of problems and chasing everything. I think he may come good.

Splatthecat, how dare you demand this, its crazy-talk! The Doc is injured and someone has to be the scapegoat, don''t they.................?

[quote user="splatthecat"]No, he didn''t play well on Monday night and yes, he looks like buster bloodvessel but Matty Pattison had some fantastic games for us last season especially when he was employed just in front of the back four, I seem to remember out standing performances against Plymouth and in the game after his drink driving incident. Do we really have to have a boo boy before the season has even started ? He is no where near as bad as Hughes was and I actually think he could turn out to be a really good player for us (I seem to remember comparisons to Gary Holt when he first arrived) alot of the negativity in relation to the board has been fair grounds for complaint in my view , maybe the plans for protest have been a little over the top but some posters already saying he''s not fit to wear the yellow shirt actually makes my blood boil, it is that kind of negativity that rankles with me . Pattison signed on loan around November time ? In that time he produced a number of good performances some of which were excellent, even if this was not the case he should still be alloted a year to prove himself.
[/quote]

Lets not get over excited my friend! The guy has got a lot to prove because, lets face it, he hasn''t been a great signing so far. He could also take some tips from Barry Bethall and Andy Fordham, get yourself on that Slimfast plan son!

[quote user="the futures roedy"]

Well I don''t rate him as a left back and he should not be judged playing there. If anything I think he should be applauded for stepping up to play there and giving it a good go. [/quote]

Lappin has had a far worse deal for "stepping up to play there and giving it a good go" - he''s been told he''s not wanted. I don''t rate Lappin at LB either but for me he did a half decent fist of it for a lot of matches and he''s a darn sight better player all round than Pattison.

"Leave Pattison Alone"? Roeder certainly should until a) the player has lost some weight and gained some fitness (no excuses - he''s had months to do that and on Monday he made GR''s judgement look very suspect both in selecting him and for asking him to play out of position) and b) he''s certain there''s no better repleacment sitting on the bench (or not - as the case may be)

Its the Neilson syndrome, played brilliant in the loan games and thought we had a real player on our books when he signed, gone down hill. As Art said, I will always support the team on the piytch and have never never booed any Norwich player and I hope he does not become the new Andy Hughes. He has the potential and he needs to improve, the difference between him and say Martin (at this stage and what I perseve) Martin is that Patty has bags of heart and desire and will give a lot, now thats not an excuse for him to continue to perform shitee.

This forum makes me despair at times.  Sure, he''s not the greatest player that will ever pull on the yellow and green, but is there really any excuse for this mindless abuse and player bashing?  It seems to me that since the dark days of Hamilton, when nearly all the players were crap, we have had to have someone to single out every season.  Why?  Why can''t we do what we should do and SUPPORT the players?  The list is growing of players who simply did and do not deserve the level of abuse they receive.  I sometimes wonder if some of you understand football at all. Hughes, Robinson, Holt, Mackay (oh yes, I remember his first season with us - he was a hate figure), Doherty, Henderson, Llewellyn - I''m sure there are others I have missed.  How many of those can you honestly say never TRIED while they were at the club? 

For what its worth I think he''s a far better player than Hughes ever was and always gives 110% not a full back though. But he does know how to tackle unlike the rest of our squad.

I wouldn''t have him in my team but I think hes always worth a place on the bench

Lol , your a git walking man :-)  I just dont want to see another andy hooze approach before we even kicked off the new season, I also say it because I think Patti is a confidence player, I remember Roeder''s comments about him during the drink driving fiasco saying how much it had clearly hurt the player already. I would happily agree that he has been pretty poor recently, its just that my fear is that in the first few games of the season he''s going to be getting stick off the fans, Roeder seems to me to be a shrewd operator and if he''s not good enough he''ll be readily dropped. I hope he proves the negheads wrong this season and I would like to think some of the negheads hope he does too, I am loathe to say this because I think I probably sound like some We Are The World ponce but lets get behind everyman in a yellow shirt until they let us down.

[quote user="splatthecat"]No, he didn''t play well on Monday night and yes, he looks like buster bloodvessel but Matty Pattison had some fantastic games for us last season especially when he was employed just in front of the back four, I seem to remember out standing performances against Plymouth and in the game after his drink driving incident. Do we really have to have a boo boy before the season has even started ? He is no where near as bad as Hughes was and I actually think he could turn out to be a really good player for us (I seem to remember comparisons to Gary Holt when he first arrived) alot of the negativity in relation to the board has been fair grounds for complaint in my view , maybe the plans for protest have been a little over the top but some posters already saying he''s not fit to wear the yellow shirt actually makes my blood boil, it is that kind of negativity that rankles with me . Pattison signed on loan around November time ? In that time he produced a number of good performances some of which were excellent, even if this was not the case he should still be alloted a year to prove himself.
[/quote]

Errr they werent fantastic or outstanding believe me, you have stated 2 performances when his performance was acceptable, i also think he played well against coventry at home. But every other performance from him has been dire. With all hte midfielders now at the club, i hope we wont be seeing pattison for a long time either starting or on the bench        

[quote user="splatthecat"]
Lol , your a git walking man :-) 

I just dont want to see another andy hooze approach before we even kicked off the new season, I also say it because I think Patti is a confidence player, I remember Roeder''s comments about him during the drink driving fiasco saying how much it had clearly hurt the player already.
I would happily agree that he has been pretty poor recently, its just that my fear is that in the first few games of the season he''s going to be getting stick off the fans, Roeder seems to me to be a shrewd operator and if he''s not good enough he''ll be readily dropped.
I hope he proves the negheads wrong this season and I would like to think some of the negheads hope he does too, I am loathe to say this because I think I probably sound like some We Are The World ponce but lets get behind everyman in a yellow shirt until they let us down.
[/quote]

[Y] [Y] [Y]

Superb post.

We, as supporters need to get behind players that are low on confidence to try and get them through it, not murder them.

I feel sorry for Patty really...."Yes boss, i''ll help out and play there!" He seems an easy option to play LB,CM and LM...maybe this guy needs stability and stick to 1 position. By doing that he could fully concentrate on one role and pull all of his efforts in to that.

As for Wiz''s post above...lets not bite, but i suppose Grants judgement was great, as he bought JC!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

For what its worth I think he''s a far better player than Hughes ever was and always gives 110% not a full back though.

[/quote]He''s an identical player to Hughes - runs about like a loony, usually 5 yards behind the action, minimal football skills. His standards have slipped very badly from the first game. He''s not a scapegoat for me - I''ve been criticising him since his third game! He showed he could do it in his first game, so the fact that he isn''t now is down to him. "Gives 110% at full back" - he''s never in the position that a full-back should be, that''s the problem.