Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We're Relegation Certs!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ob1"]Absolute rubbish.Come on Wiz - I always suggest this whenever you make rediculous statements and you are always too chicken to take me up on it;I''ll take any bet that we won''t get relegated.Any amount of money - we can use escrow or whatever, or someone we both trust on here. Straight bet - you say relegation, I say not.Put your money where your mouth is! I dare you! Lets see the strength of your convinctions...![/quote]

And I always tell you and others ob1, that I never gamble, not even the lottery, all forms of gambling are evil, please don''t ask me me again, cheers.

[/quote]Evil my arse - this is a friendly, gentlemans bet... Anyway - you said it yourself - it''s a "dead cert" and therefore not gambling. It''s only gambling if there is a risk of loss and there is no chance of that, eh? Therefore it''s simply and exchange of money... I''m just giving it you. Unless of course you don''t actually believe yourself?

I don''t agree with 1st Wizard, however, I really don''t think we are a top 6 six team at all, a mid table finish at best for us this season.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that I don''t want to see 1st Wizard dancing naked round Carrow Road on the day we are mathematically safe from relegation.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

And I always tell you and others ob1, that I never gamble, not even the lottery, all forms of gambling are evil, please don''t ask me me again, cheers.

[/quote]

Well thats a nice easy way out of that one then.

How about you dancing round Carrow Road Naked on the day we are mathematically safe from relegation.

Now that`s not a bet ............................[:P]

[/quote]

Its an idea Mc C, but I have no desire to make all the males inside Carrow Road feel inadiquate with their own equipment!.[:)][;)]

An over reaction wiz? based on our general performance last night its not!

Forget the Spuds result, thats uninportant, but we still don''t have a defence, and there''s some bloody good strikers in the Championship who''ll gladly rip it to shreds.

Curo up front, currently on his own, won''t save us single hanidly, and we''re no where near ready for the Coventry game, mind you, we do have prudence on our side, don''t we?[:S]

[/quote]

Shut up you muppet!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Well thats a nice easy way out of that one then.

How about you dancing round Carrow Road Naked on the day we are mathematically safe from relegation.

Now that`s not a bet ............................[:P]

[/quote]

Its an idea Mc C, but I have no desire to make all the males inside Carrow Road feel inadiquate with their own equipment!.[:)][;)]

[/quote]

I hardly think that`s likely to be an issue.

A couple of walnuts and a wrinkly parsnip will not threaten many!!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]How''s about this

for a challenge, Wiz? If, come this time next year you''re right, we

shall all apologise and bow down to your mastery... if you''re

completely wrong, you''ll f*ck off to the Green''Un.....?[/quote]

What part of my opening line did you struggle with EM?:

The key words I used were based on, my opinion was based on the 90 minutes I watched, thats not to difficult to grasp is it now?

[/quote]

I think your keys words were actually "We''re relegation certs!".  Is "certs" not short for "certainties" in this instance? Which means you''re saying that you believe it is certain we will get relegated, based on the performance in a friendly? Over-reaction, Wiz? Most certainly.  Is that difficult to grasp?

Don''t feed the troll.  He''s been to ONE game and is now able to predict our whole season.

[quote user="Dicky"]Don''t feed the troll.  He''s been to ONE game and is now able to predict our whole season.[/quote]

He didn''t go to the game. He watched in on Canaries World, which I hear didn''t stream the first 20 mins because they were showing Sunderland instead. Somewhat ironic that he missed the best part of the game for us...

1st half we weren''t brilliant but we were competent and stood up to spurs, second half we ran out of steam and they were able to capitalise. Teams will not pass the ball around as well as Spurs did in the Championship, not a hope of that and players like Hoolahan, (who ripped spurs defenders to shreads on occasion) will be leathal for us. We didn''t have Bell, Lupoli or Kennedy, three who you would of thought would be starters. We still have players to bring in, thats obvious to a dead toad so to be making stupid comments about being beaten by a team with top 6 potential and a manager who could end up being truly world class is pure idiocy.You need to act your age Wiz and stop throwing your toys out of the pram at every oppourtunity.

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Forget the Spuds result, thats uninportant, but we still don''t have a defence, and there''s some bloody good strikers in the Championship who''ll gladly rip it to shreds.

Curo up front, currently on his own, won''t save us single hanidly, and we''re no where near ready for the Coventry game, mind you, we do have prudence on our side, don''t we?[:S]

[/quote]

Shut up you muppet!

[/quote]

OI! Dont you dare tell Darth Wizard to shut up[:P]

Wiz''s quote: and thats not even including our defenders who can''t defend.

Our defenders were really shown how to defend today by England international Ledley King, outstanding first half display by him!

Even the best defenders make mistakes Wiz. Our main mistake defensively was to let Patty cover the left flank on his own, unbeleivable!

1st Wizard is so cleaver I think. He obviously craves attention but you lot are your own worst enemies. If he annoys you this much posting negative comments and the like, dont respond to him. I liken him to a Polymorph of Red Dwarf feeding on different emotions. As his name suggests I could imagine him morphing into all different types of things as the emtions come flooding in. Table lamp, rabbit, beach ball, slinky...............................................

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Here we go, didn''t take long at all did it, although I expected to see it last night...did you watch the game Wiz? Nah I doubt it, poor old man has nothing better to do than moan, get a life.[/quote]

Yes, I did watch the game pal, thats why I''m so bloody worried this morning!

[/quote]Well were not on telly again for ages so you won''t have to watch any more for a while will you. So chill out.Honestly I don''t know why you guys bother arguing with him it''s a waste of time. People like Wiz will never be happy with the team as long a they have a hole in their ar$e. This it the guy who think Cureton is our greatest player and you''re arguing with him about how the season will pan out on the result of a friendly against one of the top 6 teams in the country. Just don''t bother!!! The guy can''t be objective or have perspective or even decide what players he like or dislikes (the wonderful Jamie excluded). It''s so predictable it almost funny.OTBC

Amazingly I thought the same too Atlanta. Very solid and kept their line well.

Wiz, for God''s sake, it''s a football game and a friendly against Prem opposition. But for good measure a team who like to play some attractive and attacking football, I am sure our team learnt a lot from competing in the same game, just as Roeder and the board learnt how much more needs to be spent to one day compete with them.

I sometimes wonder why you bother supporting City. We won''t get to the Premiership in one season, no, but we have made a good start with Roeder. IF he is backed we will be on the up. I think there were plenty of positives from the game last night, some great movement on and off the ball. Hoolihan looked very good and your old favourite Jamie looked much more confident and very sharp.

Dear oh dear Wiz, now are we more or less relegation certs now than when you predicted the same thing:

1. at the end of last season

2. at the start of last season

3. the season before

4. the season before that

It would be helpful if you could clarify so I know when to start panicing. [;)]

Went to the game last night, sat in my usual seat by snake pit and was surprised at number of Spurs fans around us.They behaved well and there was no problem.

Spurs played great and to be honest, once I`d got over the dissapointment of how poor we were, particularly in the second half, I enjoyed watching the exhibition, that`s  what it was, we were canon fodder for them. That really hurts when it`s my beloved team but you just have to deal with it.

Hoolahan was very very good, Clingan broke up play very well in the first half, the sort of player we really need and will be a fans favourite.

Patty was awful, got into positions in the first half then blew the ball away, John O and Crofty worked well together but Crofty showed the same old weaknesses in his game as last season, gets to a good position then doesnt know what to do with the ball.

Overall yes we were embarrasing but not without hope, I dont think you can make any sensible judgemnet about next season in the championship based on this.

My feeling when I left was how on earth did we let Hucks go, and we really do need at least £20m to be a TOP championship contender.     

Come on people, please stop all this Wiz bashing. I think he talks 100% from the heart and always post great threads. I do believe he is a great role model for people like me to look up too. O''h sh*t got to go the nurse is now coming with my medication.

Actually, your second sentence is spot on. He does talk 100% from the heart ........ but with honesty and realism. That''s the part you eternal optimists can''t handle. The problem with so many apologits (that was a typo but then I realised it was pretty apposite !) and optimists is that Roeder and the Board know that they can keep churining out the dross and taking our money safe in the knowledge that any critics wil be rounded upon by the "wets" with their litanies of "shut up you muppet" and "idiot" and so on. The great Dion himself said that the club and fans are too nice and they need to be nastier and he''s right. We, the fans, need to make Roeder and the Board realise without any doubt that they will be held accountable for poor displays, lack of ambition and exploitation of the fans. This will never be achieved because most of the fans, here and at Carrow Road, have their heads buried in the sand and refuse to criticise. Worse than that, they slag off anybody who dares put their head above the parapet to speak the truth. The truth hurts but it has to be faced so more power to posters like first Wiz and the Goddess Delia.

Some people can convince themselves so much that they become deluded though Lord Snooty, then what is real and what is not is all down to their opinion.

Wiz = Deluded.

I still stick to the same thought I had last week, with the players we have and more to come we will do well. One result against a good team does not change my opinion. We may not have spent the money so far (May change, but doubt it) we may not have big name players, but I like what we have got so far, they will do well, not rip the league up but do well and a hell of a lot better than last year.

With all this we have to be nasty and not turn up, what a load of crap in my book.

Wiz has simply outlined that things still need to change if we are to compete next season. And I think he has a point. If we sent out that pathetic second halve lot that embarrassed the club last night on a regular basis next season we almost certainly would have a relegation fight on our hands. How anybody can deny this is quite frankly bizzare. Of course, they will get better given time but there are still crucial positions that need filling and I think the arrival of a quality centre back (because we sadly still dont have any) and target man will improve the dimentions of the team massively. Wiz is simply being a realist and to dish so much c##p in his direction is out of order really.

The biggest problem we have at this club of ours is people are too easily deflected with p##s poor excuses. Where, for the love of god, is our target man to support Cuerton and Lupoli? It has been left too late and we are now going to struggle at the start of the season. FACT.

[quote user="theoneandonlycullum"] I liken him to a Polymorph of Red Dwarf feeding on different emotions. As his name suggests I could imagine him morphing into all different types of things as the emtions come flooding in. Table lamp, rabbit, beach ball, slinky...............................................[/quote]

Though I dont agree with it, that is one of the funniest things I have ever read on here. [:D]

[/quote]

..and we''re all gonna die [:''(]

[/quote]

http://www.nataliedee.com/121406/wait-why-are-we-panicking.jpg

[/quote]Hey Wiz, what was it you said the other day about people getting carried away because of a few friendly wins? I think you said they don''t matter and the same would apply to friendly defeats too...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Hey Wiz, what was it you said the other day about people getting carried away because of a few friendly wins? I think you said they don''t matter and the same would apply to friendly defeats too...
[/quote]

Basicly you''re correct Graham, but I happen to believe our overall performance was important too mate.

I''m not going to react to the cheap, point scoring replies on this thread, nor the insults or the playgound name calling either. If posters have me down as a troll, then they are entitled to that view, mistaken as it is. But this often happens to someone if they dare to speak out or question what the misguided majority believe in or are too blinkered to see.

If I stand alone on this, and a few brave souls replies suggest I''m not compleatly isolated, then so be it, but only time now will be my true friend or nemisis in all this.

Bring on Coventry.