Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We're Relegation Certs!

I think the problem Wiz is that anyone who disagrees with you is branded as ''the misguided majority'' who are ''too blinkered to see''. Perhaps at the heart of it sometime you speak half truths, but they are covered up with argument which are so extreme that it is difficult to believe what you are saying.

You say others are blinkered, but likewise you are caught up in your own beliefs and will not accept the views of this ''misguided majority''.

4 pages of troll feeding. keep on stuffing it in lads we''ll soon be able to harvest pate de wiz (warning may have a bitter aftertaste)

In Greek Mythology Nemesis was the spirit of divine retribution against those who succumb to hubris...

Wiz if you''re not sure what hubris is look in a dictioanry and you''ll see you''ve already very much succumbed you might even find a picture of yourself

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

4 pages of troll feeding. keep on stuffing it in lads we''ll soon be able to harvest pate de wiz (warning may have a bitter aftertaste)

In Greek Mythology Nemesis was the spirit of divine retribution against those who succumb to hubris...

Wiz if you''re not sure what hubris is look in a dictioanry and you''ll see you''ve already very much succumbed you might even find a picture of yourself

[/quote]same old sh*t, feed the troll blaa , blaa ,blaa ....... will the geek squad please leave these boards and let the proper NCFC fans debate properly.Wiz has a point, this side is weak, most on here believe the PR spin machine and it''s daily churning of CR*P , but for most of us the penny has dropped ......we will be relegation certs if serious team building does not take place, Delia take note we mean serious team building.... not your handful of past it players and average DIV 1/ CHAMPIONSHIP players.remember last season when told daily how good Dave the striker and brellier where going to be!  well PR SPIN much the same as this season.... anyone notice a pattern.............watch the SH*T hit the fan once we have another poor start to the season.DELIA OUT

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think the problem Wiz is that anyone who disagrees with you is branded as ''the misguided majority'' who are ''too blinkered to see''. Perhaps at the heart of it sometime you speak half truths, but they are covered up with argument which are so extreme that it is difficult to believe what you are saying. You say others are blinkered, but likewise you are caught up in your own beliefs and will not accept the views of this ''misguided majority''.[/quote]

I do hear you star, I really do, but I know what I saw last night, and the only words I could come up with if you''re satisfied with it, were blinkered and misguided, I suppose I find it hard to accept that if you really cared about your club, you''d happily settle for third best, I won''t! but its my opinion that many do mate.

Hold on Ronbol, are you not saying what Roeder is doing is serious rebuilding? He got rid of the deadwood at the end of last season, and is now bringing in players to replace them, if that isn''t rebuilding I don''t know what is. The players signed are not just average, Hoolahan for example has impressed in every pre-season game so far.

You and Wiz are as bad as people who fall for the ''spin'' because you can''t accept anything that is done at the football club.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]You and Wiz are as bad as people who fall for the ''spin'' because you can''t accept anything that is done at the football club.[/quote]

Err? hang on star, I advocated signing Hoolihan bloody weeks ago, or have you conviently forgotten that?

Wiz I wasn''t aiming the Hoolahan comment at you, but at Ronbol. I was merely suggesting that you can not accept anything done by the board because of the ''spin'', who you campaign to remove.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[/quote]same old sh*t, feed the troll blaa , blaa ,blaa ....... will the geek squad please leave these boards and let the proper NCFC fans debate properly.Wiz has a point, this side is weak, most on here believe the PR spin machine and it''s daily churning of CR*P , but for most of us the penny has dropped ......[/quote]I only agree with this of what ronbol has said but it sums it up quite nicely for me.If you don''t like what wiz says and you are posting in this thread to insult him, don''t bother.If you don''t agree with what he says then post a valid (and sensible) response and if you don''t think he even has a point don''t bitch about it like a girl, call him a troll and run around waving your hands in the air. That is more annoying than even the most controversial viewpoints.In relatity we are not a good team. At the start of the summer I would have had us down as one of the favourites to be relegated. I have been pleasantly surprised with the effort and improvement roeder has made to the squad but in all honesty I don''t expect much from this group of players. I don''t think we will get relegated now, but I very much doubt we will have much of a play-off push in our team. On paper this team looks like a mid-lower half team and that''''ll probably be what happens unless something happens (i.e. injuries and manager self destructs a la grant and worthy or gamble on a loan that pays off or good luck with injuries).We weren''t ever going to give Spurs a really tough game. They had a lot of talent and first teamers out there. I thought the midfield started the game well but they started to tire and let Spurs control it far too much. For me that was where the battle was lost. I very much doubt we will go into the first game of the season playing 4-5-1. It just doesn''t work for us and it was all to apparent yesterday. Not enough chances were made and even with 5 we struggled to dominate a weak central midfield. Ironically it was huddlestone, the substitute who came on for Dawson that made the big difference. His presence really showed up both fozzy and clingan.With all that said, we can''t read too much into that game, just like we couldn''t read too much into the other friendlies. If everybody took friendlies as a serious way of guaging how teams will perform then it would be safe to say that Hull would be relegated with 0 points this season and that Ipswich will stroll to the ccc title. Friendlies are there to blood new players, try new tactics and try new systems and stratergies. And with that in my mind I can''t think why yesterday wasn''t a success.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

An over reaction wiz? based on our general performance last night its not!

Forget the Spuds result, thats uninportant, but we still don''t have a defence, and there''s some bloody good strikers in the Championship who''ll gladly rip it to shreds.

Curo up front, currently on his own, won''t save us single hanidly, and we''re no where near ready for the Coventry game, mind you, we do have prudence on our side, don''t we?[:S]

[/quote]A little late replying, but hey ho, work comes first.My response to you isOMFG ! get a grip of yourself you big jesse !!!!!!!We done just fine first half, and there is not one team in the championship any where near the quality we played against last night.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

Come on people, please stop all this Wiz bashing. I think he talks 100% from the heart and always post great threads. I do believe he is a great role model for people like me to look up too. O''h sh*t got to go the nurse is now coming with my medication.

Actually, your second sentence is spot on. He does talk 100% from the heart ........ but with honesty and realism. That''s the part you eternal optimists can''t handle. The problem with so many apologits (that was a typo but then I realised it was pretty apposite !) and optimists is that Roeder and the Board know that they can keep churining out the dross and taking our money safe in the knowledge that any critics wil be rounded upon by the "wets" with their litanies of "shut up you muppet" and "idiot" and so on. The great Dion himself said that the club and fans are too nice and they need to be nastier and he''s right. We, the fans, need to make Roeder and the Board realise without any doubt that they will be held accountable for poor displays, lack of ambition and exploitation of the fans. This will never be achieved because most of the fans, here and at Carrow Road, have their heads buried in the sand and refuse to criticise. Worse than that, they slag off anybody who dares put their head above the parapet to speak the truth. The truth hurts but it has to be faced so more power to posters like first Wiz and the Goddess Delia.

[/quote]

So the truth is that we are certs for relegation - is that what you''re saying. Because that''s the aspect that I''m taking the p*** out of.

You are telling me, with ''honesty'' and ''realism'' that we ''Are relegation certs''. Really? [:D] 

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Wiz has simply outlined that things still need to change if we are to compete next season. And I think he has a point. If we sent out that pathetic second halve lot that embarrassed the club last night on a regular basis next season we almost certainly would have a relegation fight on our hands. How anybody can deny this is quite frankly bizzare. Of course, they will get better given time but there are still crucial positions that need filling and I think the arrival of a quality centre back (because we sadly still dont have any) and target man will improve the dimentions of the team massively. Wiz is simply being a realist and to dish so much c##p in his direction is out of order really.

The biggest problem we have at this club of ours is people are too easily deflected with p##s poor excuses. Where, for the love of god, is our target man to support Cuerton and Lupoli? It has been left too late and we are now going to struggle at the start of the season. FACT.

[/quote]

Once again, for the hard of reading, he hasn''t said that we will face a difficult season, he has stated that we are ''certs'' for relegation. And the vast majority of people aren''t saying we''re wonderful or that last night (in some self delusional sense) was a good performance, they are laughing (yes, laughing, not angry or sniping) at his attention seeking hyperbole. Is that REALLY so difficult for you to understand?!?!  [*-)] 

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I''m surprised who''ve taken this view point Wiz [:P]
[/quote]

Well I am not "Rasp" Believe me I know what posters on this board know about football , Its simple really all I have to do is ask them to make a single selection on the Free Bet thread and they are unable to do it , because they have no idea on football  ,all those posters with all those post behind their names are nothing more than hot air filled with wind and pxxs , they have duped this board for years just because they are wind up merchants .

I will tell you what "Rasp" I will put up those young guns that come on the Free Bet against any of those old stale faxxts on the knowledge on football , the likes of Fellas , Inch_high , Devon , Leeds , P''boro , Nchance1, Newyork,Evil M, Shack,and countless others that are coming on the Free Bet , young posters with courage and knowledge .Never mind the experienced Pickers we have on the Free Bet pages . A message to you dinosaurs your world is over no one listens to you any more , your day is done best you evaporate , I know who you are as most do on this board , so I don''t need to name you do I ?[;)] arrdee.

Forget the Spuds result, thats uninportant, but we still don''t have a defence, and there''s some bloody good strikers in the Championship who''ll gladly rip it to shreds.

Curo up front, currently on his own, won''t save us single hanidly, and we''re no where near ready for the Coventry game, mind you, we do have prudence on our side, don''t we?[:S]

[/quote]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/supporterhttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whingerTake your pick.

The amazing thing is that people seem to want to level an accusation of ''spin'' all the time but don''t seem to actually know what it is.  Spin is putting a good or bad slant on a news story.   Wiz et al are as guilty of using it as anyone.  In his case anything and everything is grasped upon in a negative light: a good result in a friendly and it means nothing, a poor result in a friendly and we are suddenly cast as certainties for relegation (it is in the title of the thread).  Sorry, but that is spin just as much as anything the club could come out with.

What truly amazes me is that it is those who always think the most negatively that consider themselves to be the realists.  These are the same people who had us absolute certainties for relegation in both 2006/07 and more recently last November, and who at the time shouted down anyone who pointed out that there was 2/3 of the season still to go.  It turned out that there was no ''realism'' in either case, didn''t it.  Why should we be considered certainties for relegation now, before the season has even started, is beyond me.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Hey Wiz, what was it you said the other day about people getting carried away because of a few friendly wins? I think you said they don''t matter and the same would apply to friendly defeats too...[/quote]

Basicly you''re correct Graham, but I happen to believe our overall performance was important too mate.

I''m not going to react to the cheap, point scoring replies on this thread, nor the insults or the playgound name calling either. If posters have me down as a troll, then they are entitled to that view, mistaken as it is. But this often happens to someone if they dare to speak out or question what the misguided majority believe in or are too blinkered to see.

If I stand alone on this, and a few brave souls replies suggest I''m not compleatly isolated, then so be it, but only time now will be my true friend or nemisis in all this.

Bring on Coventry.

[/quote]I do agree it wasn''t a good performance. And I admit to being a little discouraged. But I just think you''re being a little extreme based on one game where we were playing a very, very good team, and although we were terrible, by and large, the only way we''ll really be able to judge this current team is when the real thing starts. On a personal level I''ve never expected too much from this season but who knows what''ll happen?

[quote user="arrdee"] Well I am not "Rasp" Believe me I know what posters on this board know about football , Its simple really all I have to do is ask them to make a single selection on the Free Bet thread and they are unable to do it , because they have no idea on football  ,all those posters with all those post behind their names are nothing more than hot air filled with wind and pxxs , they have duped this board for years just because they are wind up merchants .

I will tell you what "Rasp" I will put up those young guns that come on the Free Bet against any of those old stale faxxts on the knowledge on football , the likes of Fellas , Inch_high , Devon , Leeds , P''boro , Nchance1, Newyork,Evil M, Shack,and countless others that are coming on the Free Bet , young posters with courage and knowledge .Never mind the experienced Pickers we have on the Free Bet pages . A message to you dinosaurs your world is over no one listens to you any more , your day is done best you evaporate , I know who you are as most do on this board , so I don''t need to name you do I ?[;)] arrdee.[/quote]Well arrdee, I''m not sure if I''m a young gun, an old stale faxxt or an inbetweenie but I know that by participating in the free bet thread I''m doing something to help our club and that is something we all should do.  [Y]

[/quote]

Ah! More Wizdom rather than Wisdom from our Suffolk based pensioner.

Pre-season games mean feck all.

As someone of your experience will no doubt recall in 88-89 pre -season we got stuffed at Portman Rd by Div 2 Ipswich and hammered by Hull and Hereford who were Div 3/4. We had also just sold off Kevin Drinkell plus Wayne Biggins & Tony Spearing (decent squad players) and had only signed some Southampton reject called Townsend and a Watford reserve named Malcolm Allen. We promptly won the first games of the season and weren''t out of the top 4 all season.

I am not going to judge too much based upon one pre-season game against a very good premiership side. Lets be honest if we were a prem side this season we could probably expect to lose a couple of home games by that kind of margin. So based upon this post had we beaten Spurs then presumably you would have been posting that we are promotion certainties.

I think you should change your name on here to "Knee Jerk Ned" as it more adequately sums you and your posts up......

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Ah! More Wizdom rather than Wisdom from our Suffolk based pensioner.

Pre-season games mean feck all.

As someone of your experience will no doubt recall in 88-89 pre -season we got stuffed at Portman Rd by Div 2 Ipswich and hammered by Hull and Hereford who were Div 3/4. We had also just sold off Kevin Drinkell plus Wayne Biggins & Tony Spearing (decent squad players) and had only signed some Southampton reject called Townsend and a Watford reserve named Malcolm Allen. We promptly won the first games of the season and weren''t out of the top 4 all season.

I am not going to judge too much based upon one pre-season game against a very good premiership side. Lets be honest if we were a prem side this season we could probably expect to lose a couple of home games by that kind of margin. So based upon this post had we beaten Spurs then presumably you would have been posting that we are promotion certainties.

I think you should change your name on here to "Knee Jerk Ned" as it more adequately sums you and your posts up......

[/quote]

the Knee and the Ned are probably unnecessary

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"] Well I am not "Rasp" Believe me I know what posters on this board know about football , Its simple really all I have to do is ask them to make a single selection on the Free Bet thread and they are unable to do it , because they have no idea on football  ,all those posters with all those post behind their names are nothing more than hot air filled with wind and pxxs , they have duped this board for years just because they are wind up merchants .

I will tell you what "Rasp" I will put up those young guns that come on the Free Bet against any of those old stale faxxts on the knowledge on football , the likes of Fellas , Inch_high , Devon , Leeds , P''boro , Nchance1, Newyork,Evil M, Shack,and countless others that are coming on the Free Bet , young posters with courage and knowledge .Never mind the experienced Pickers we have on the Free Bet pages . A message to you dinosaurs your world is over no one listens to you any more , your day is done best you evaporate , I know who you are as most do on this board , so I don''t need to name you do I ?[;)] arrdee.[/quote]Well arrdee, I''m not sure if I''m a young gun, an old stale faxxt or an inbetweenie but I know that by participating in the free bet thread I''m doing something to help our club and that is something we all should do.  [Y]

[/quote]

Thanks for that "lapp" you are indeed one of our young guns , you are indeed in front of posters like old chicken head (foggie) you have now become the top poster on the Pink un message board , congratulations "lappinitup" the number one  poster on the message board .well done "Lappinitup" ....arrdee.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[/quote]same old sh*t, feed the troll blaa , blaa ,blaa ....... will the geek squad please leave these boards and let the proper NCFC fans debate properly.Wiz has a point, this side is weak, most on here believe the PR spin machine and it''s daily churning of CR*P , but for most of us the penny has dropped ......we will be relegation certs if serious team building does not take place, Delia take note we mean serious team building.... not your handful of past it players and average DIV 1/ CHAMPIONSHIP players.remember last season when told daily how good Dave the striker and brellier where going to be!  well PR SPIN much the same as this season.... anyone notice a pattern.............watch the SH*T hit the fan once we have another poor start to the season.DELIA OUT

[/quote]Ooo WrongBalls, or whatever your name is..I happen to remember you being perhaps the most arrogant poster i''d ever come across. And i hadn''t seen you post in a while. Tottenham result brought you back has it?

Oh dear...it''s the usual suspects again claiming to be the "realists" by spouting yet more "optimistic" rhetoric based on pure hope rather than anything substantial.....

With the school holidays comes a load of house-bound kids scared of the dark outside and whose "football knowledge" is based largely on lonely little computer games (beginners level)...and a handful of live matches sat next to mummy and daddy...

One day...when Smith has buggered off...you''ve finally started sprouting whiskers and your feet touch the floor when you''re sitting on the bog...you may just understand what life is all about.......

Wiz and a few more others have seen all this nonsense before and know good from bad. No wonder Smith can continue to pack ''em in to watch a 5-1 humiliation and yet still have her circus act defended........

All very sad.

[quote user="arrdee"]

those old stale faxxts on the knowledge on football , the likes of Fellas.......

[/quote]I''m not gonna say anything...

macdougall''s perm wrote:

Once again, for the hard of reading, he hasn''t said that we will face a difficult season, he has stated that we are ''certs'' for relegation. And the vast majority of people aren''t saying we''re wonderful or that last night (in some self delusional sense) was a good performance, they are laughing (yes, laughing, not angry or sniping) at his attention seeking hyperbole. Is that REALLY so difficult for you to understand?!?!  [*-)] 

Not really attention seeking hyperbole as you put it. Again he was outlining the fact the team still needs surgery. Im not saying others are happy at the 2nd halve performance from last night but if they think it is acceptable they should be ashamed of themselves. They were piss poor, totally unorganised, hopeless attacking wise, and totally devoid of tactics. Is a week to change that around enough? I very much doubt it. People seem to have forgotten that we used to be able to beat the likes Man U at Carrow Road not long ago. We used to be able to compete with the best clubs in the country on the home turf.

And as for ''certs''. Thats you just being petty perm. Wiz was hoping, as was I, that he would at least see an improvement in the way we play our football at Carrow Road. We got worse from what I saw. There are few clubs in the Championship, at this moment in time, that would have succombed to such a terrible and uninspired defeat.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="arrdee"]

those old stale faxxts on the knowledge on football , the likes of Fellas.......

[/quote]

I''m not gonna say anything...
[/quote]  

Now Fellas you lovely young  boy, complete the sentence if you are unsure I will try to help you all I can .... arrdee.

#

People seem to have forgotten that we used to be able to beat the likes Man U at Carrow Road not long ago. We used to be able to compete with the best clubs in the country on the home turf.

And as for ''certs''. Thats you just being petty perm. Wiz was hoping, as was I, that he would at least see an improvement in the way we play our football at Carrow Road. We got worse from what I saw. There are few clubs in the Championship, at this moment in time, that would have succombed to such a terrible and uninspired defeat.

[/quote]

Whatever has a friendly match got to do with us beating Man Utd at Carrow Road???? I see Wigan won 6-0 at Barnsley tonight so maybe we won''t finish bottom.......................

Renton up front with Curo, the little and large format that has worked so well down the years with so many clubs could be the answer

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Oh dear...it''s the usual suspects again claiming to be the "realists" by spouting yet more "optimistic" rhetoric based on pure hope rather than anything substantial.....

With the school holidays comes a load of house-bound kids scared of the dark outside and whose "football knowledge" is based largely on lonely little computer games (beginners level)...and a handful of live matches sat next to mummy and daddy...

One day...when Smith has buggered off...you''ve finally started sprouting whiskers and your feet touch the floor when you''re sitting on the bog...you may just understand what life is all about.......

Wiz and a few more others have seen all this nonsense before and know good from bad. No wonder Smith can continue to pack ''em in to watch a 5-1 humiliation and yet still have her circus act defended........

All very sad.

[/quote]

Cluck it really is you! Put downs like that dont grow on trees.

macdougall''s perm wrote:

Not really attention seeking hyperbole as you put it. Again he was outlining the fact the team still needs surgery. Im not saying others are happy at the 2nd halve performance from last night but if they think it is acceptable they should be ashamed of themselves. They were piss poor, totally unorganised, hopeless attacking wise, and totally devoid of tactics. Is a week to change that around enough? I very much doubt it. People seem to have forgotten that we used to be able to beat the likes Man U at Carrow Road not long ago. We used to be able to compete with the best clubs in the country on the home turf.

[/quote]

Once again, I think you have really missed my point. Not sure how else to put it; I''m not defending the team''s performance or saying that Wiz doesn''t have a point. I am quite simply laughing at how melodramatic his thread title was, simple as that.

And if me commenting on this three word title is being ''petty'', him using the words ''relegation certs'' in his title was certainly, imo, ''attention seeking hyperbole''. I think his choice of words was funny, you don''t. Fair enough. [:)]