Sign in to follow this  
followthegreenandyellow

Pathetic Posts on last nights game

Some people have no clue about football, just want to say watchin game tottenham showed gulf in class passing the ball and making norwich chase, first half good, second half distinctly average...BUT....it is tottenham and a few creaks ironed out, i do believe we are in for a better season, considering modric is worth more then our whole team im happy with last nights performance i have to say.

sorry for those who disagree, but its pathetic people moaning

Spot on! I would understand if we had lost to Barnet & got out classed in the process but it was a team who will be challenging for europe next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quite agree - several new players and more to come into the team - it will take a few games to gel.  Just worried about left back - no sign of Drury and Betrand injured

At least there''s some sanity on this board.  Good postsI suppose if you''ve been conned into shelling out money to go and see a meaningless practice match, you have to convince yourself that it means something, and therefore you get upset when we lose.Friendlies are a waste of time for fans. Can''t see why anyone goes to them, let alone gets worked up about the result.

just out of interest if it was "only tottenham" then what was the excuse for osing to the tinpot side in Sweden?

jas :)

[quote user="followthegreenandyellow"]

Some people have no clue about football, just want to say watchin game tottenham showed gulf in class passing the ball and making norwich chase, first half good, second half distinctly average...BUT....it is tottenham and a few creaks ironed out, i do believe we are in for a better season, considering modric is worth more then our whole team im happy with last nights performance i have to say.

sorry for those who disagree, but its pathetic people moaning

dont have to be sorry ....you are the one who is seriously delusional

[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

just out of interest if it was "only tottenham" then what was the excuse for osing to the tinpot side in Sweden?

[/quote]

Just out of interest, what the hell are you talking about?!

Spurs looked a very very good side, each player probably cost more than the whole squad. They will do well in the prem next year.

I''ll just say this:

Regardless of whether or not it was Spuds last night, if GR persists with just Curo up front, then start getting use to 1-5 scorelines, the defence is still a farce.........friendly or not![:''(]

The most important thing about last nights game isn''t the result, it''s what Roeder does with it.

Other than the Cup, we will not face a side as good as Spurs all season. Last night was us being tested to our limits. It will highlight to GR what more he needs to do.

Lets keep our chins up, it''s not time to worry (yet).

Yes there was a gulf in class - and that is what people are moaning about! That is were we used to be - that is were we want to be - after 14 years of this current administration we are no closer to being there! THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING!!!!!

I was dissapointed we didn''t create much and therefore put the defence under too much pressure. I didnt see too much to get me excited for the season ahead but then again we had a shocking formation ( I guess because we dont have a striker) the only other thing that worried me was that we didn''t have a ball winner in midfield. thats why spurs had the ball for almost all the second half.

Sorry Follow I can not disagree with you more.  This is a team we are hoping will take us to the premiership. To be happy with a poor 1-5 home defeat to a avarage premier side is not acceptable.

If we are to have any hope of getting promotion the gulf in class should be much much closer

As you rightly say however there was a huge gulf in class which would suggest there is no chance in us making promotion...wouldn''t you agree?

OTBC

St.John

[quote user="St John Cooper"]

This is a team we are hoping will take us to the premiership.

[/quote]

Is it? Are we?

Honestly?!

Well apart from the childish line in the first post that people who disagree know nothing about football (FFS!!) there have been some good points made here.

However all the "excuses" made for City apply to Spurs too:

They are unfit

It was a meaningless friendly

They played midfielders in defence

They had players out

They need to bring in two new strikers

and of course they were away playing against opposition that bred complacency.

So forget the excuses and look at what we saw:

There remain concerns over the defensive coherence of a back five that are good sometimes and then make stupid mistakes.

The midfield missed far too many passes and clearly lack height and muscle

We had no strike force on the pitch

Yes the team will change but it hasn''t come forward as far as we''d all like so far.

So to Colchester and a major improvement please.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

Sorry Follow I can not disagree with you more.  This is a team we are hoping will take us to the premiership. To be happy with a poor 1-5 home defeat to a [b]avarage premier side is not acceptable.[/b]

If we are to have any hope of getting promotion the gulf in class should be much much closer

As you rightly say however there was a huge gulf in class which would suggest there is no chance in us making promotion...wouldn''t you agree?

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]LOL! Wake up. Average Premiership side? I don''t think so somehow. If only your spelling was above average.

To be happy with a poor 1-5 home defeat to a avarage premier side is not acceptable.

[/quote]The quote above shows the mentality of the so called supporters who post utter tosh on these messageboards.   Tottenham are an "average" premier side are they?    The transfer fee that they paid for one of their players is nearly as much as Cullum''s potential investment.Time to get real people.   We do not have the resources to beat Spurs.   There is a massive gulf between Championship & Premier League teams.  This was a friendly.Get over it and get real.

Boys boys, so what would you call Spurs a top side?  Hardly they finished 11th last season out of 20.... If that is not average what is?  Just because they have money does not change this.  Utter tosh and a so called supporter, nice things to say about a fellow yellow even if you disagree?   Get real.....this was a friendly....thank god I am not satisfied with utter tosh which is what our team produced. Again there is a massive gulf between the divisions, I do agree with you on that but this is meant to be a team that can bridge that gap?  Sadly I do not think this will be the case.  So I will get real predict we will not do so badly next season and finish comfortably in mid table.  Brilliant I cant wait but this is as real as I can be and if you believe anything else then I think you are misguided.

OTBC

St.John

Sorry Follow I can not disagree with you more.  This is a team we are hoping will take us to the premiership. To be happy with a poor 1-5 home defeat to a avarage premier side is not acceptable.

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

i don''t think we will be challenging this year... i think we will consolidate in the champ an push on slowly... i''d be happy with a top 8 finish...

Boys boys, so what would you call Spurs a top side?  Hardly they finished 11th last season out of 20.... If that is not average what is?  Just because they have money does not change this.  Utter tosh and a so called supporter, nice things to say about a fellow yellow even if you disagree?   Get real.....this was a friendly....thank god I am not satisfied with utter tosh which is what our team produced. Again there is a massive gulf between the divisions, I do agree with you on that but this is meant to be a team that can bridge that gap?  Sadly I do not think this will be the case.  So I will get real predict we will not do so badly next season and finish comfortably in mid table.  Brilliant I cant wait but this is as real as I can be and if you believe anything else then I think you are misguided.

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]Bare in mind we had a change of manager and backroom staff part way through the season, we still managed to win the League Cup (beating a strong Chelsea team in the final) and reach the quater finals of the UEFA Cup. Our league position was our worst in 3 or so years granted (finishing 5th consecutively) but I had the misfortune of going to the last few games of the season and we were diabolical. We even had Gus Poyet apologising to the fans about the poor standard of football we played towards the end of the season.We used to be an average Premiership side, but I think we have proved in the last few that we''re among the best outside the "Top 4". We have also one of the best financial situations in the Premiership which will only bode well for the future.I wish Norwich the best of luck in the coming season.

[quote user="Jameswallis"]i don''t think we will be challenging this

year... i think we will consolidate in the champ an push on slowly...

i''d be happy with a top 8 finish... [/quote]

Agreed, James... the self-proclaimed "realists" on here proclaim loudly that we should be a side pushing for promotion but will likely

face a relegation battle.  But, taking into account the overhauls

of the squad, staff and, particularly, the change in management over

the last 3 years, how realistic is it to demand promotion?  Not

very.  Realistic would be as you say, pushing for a top 8

or top 10 finish, then using that as a spring board in the 09/10 season

to get back to the Prem.

And before anyone trots out the usual "you''ll be happy with doing

nothing" lines, no I won''t be happy to remain in this league another

season.  But it is how it is, we cannot influence or change

that.  It will soon be time to simply sit back, relax, and enjoy

the ride. It''s not conceding defeat.  It''s realism....

Spot on Evil, couldn''t have put it better myself. I think we will finish anywhere between 8th or 14th personally, I think yet again the league will bunch up in the middle there, and it won''t take much to move into the top half.

Perhaps we have an outside chance, but realistically as Mr. Wallis said, we need a season of consolidation, not just to show improvement, but also to garner confidence. I''m not saying I don''t want us to go up, but realistically, I think like you say it will be better to just enjoy the season as it is.

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]We were playing one of the only 7 professional sides in England to win a trophy last season.  Thats not average.On top of that, we were playing spurs - a team with a million attacking midfielders and whose problems come from playing a team that has quality international defenders that are able to get at them.  This was a friendly - if we meet them in a cup game, we will do better, because we will be able to tackle, which we held back from because its a friendly and no-one (except Jermaine Jenas) wanted anyone to pick up injuries.What I learnt last night.1) we need a big striker, or atleast another striker.2) Matthew Pattison is not a left back.3) I hate Jermaine Jenas.4) Chris Martin is unrecognisable - he looked to have muscles now rather than fat.5) Stephen Fry, while it is good to see him in a Norwich Shirt, probably shouldn''t wear one as it doesn''t look very good.And that is about all we can tell.

[quote]As you rightly say however there was a huge gulf in class which would

suggest there is no chance in us making promotion...wouldn''t you agree?[/quote]Tottenham are in the 2nd tier of the Premiership, the teams at the bottom are in the 3rd / 4th tier.  In order to stay in the Prem as a newly promoted team, you have to beat the other strugglers, and get an occasional result against yout Tottenhams.

Not Sweden! Dereham! lol sorry... the car has broken down and i have it at the forefront of my mind... confusion reins supreme!

People who call Spurs an average Prem team need to realize... and average Prem team doesn''t cruise to carling cup victory!

And do not say there are flaws in our defense that need to be sorted out for goodness sake!

ALL of Spurs attacks and goals came via their right wing, which was attacking Pattion who is a MIDFIELDER and Shackell who has just recovered from injury and was being given match time to get full fit.

Our defense was makeshift just so we had a back four because our first team players in Bertrand, Doherty, Shackell and Kennedy are unable play to play because of transfer restrictions, injury or not 100% match fit!

And Jas... Stephenson and the academy lost to Dereham, not Roeder and the first team!

if Chadwick, Lappin, Eagle and Martin are all worthy of playing in the first team every week then my word we ARE doomed!

Apart from Chadders and Martin who played for the last 15 or so minutes NONE of them players who starred in the Dereham game will play in a norwich first team shirt again this season...

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"] ALL of Spurs attacks and goals came via their right wing, [/quote]

Was that "ALL" of them apart from the one that came from the left wing???

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

ill be honest, i dont think we will get promotion, you look at derby last yr, how many times did they get stomped on...i think its just generally jumpin on the negativity wheel again, its all you ever get on here, we are not gonna go from relagation survival to winning the damn league in my oppinion, if we lose to blackpool and coventry, then ill accept we have an issue