Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

The Play-Offs...

Well, with us and WB promoted, I suppose the next thing people will be guessing is who is going to join us?

I have this funny feeling that Sunderland are going to fall over themselves and that Crystal Palace, who apart from us are probably the strongest team in Nationwide, are going to sneak up.

What are your thoughts? (Especially DumbleDelia...x)

Palace are the form team at the moment, they''ve been rocketing up the league since Dowie took over. The momentum may carry them through, but I feel it''s a step too far. I still stay Sunderland are the most likely. But don''t forget West Ham, I''ve backed them all season and if they scrape the play offs they''ll go up.

No chance for the binners, and Millwall are too preoccupied with the FA cup.

3. sunderland
4. ipswich
5. crystal palace
6. wigan

semis
wigan bt sunderland
palace bt ipswich

final
palace bt wigan

PALACE ARE PROMOTED!!!!!

Hmm it''s a bit worrying this play-off business this year. A month ago I''d have put my house on Sunderland. However, their spectacular dip in form suggests that they won''t make it. Ditto Millwall. I expected them to make top six but it seems the FA cup has been quite a distraction. Wigan have the quality in their players but don''t think they''ll do it. Palace could be the late surprise. They are on a great run and could take that into the play-offs. West Ham could still do it. They have the quality and experience to make it. Of course there is a certain nasty team in blue and white who I haven''t mentioned yet. I just hope that their awful defence will let them down. I am a bit worried though.

If I had to stick my neck out I''d say it would finish:

3) I****h
4) Sunderland
5) Wigan
6) Crystal Palace

This will mean it will be a Sunderland Vs Palace final and the winner will be......................................................... Palace!

Don''t hate me but i think the scum will do it. Sunderland are burnt out, Wigan,- too soon, and
I think it''d be too much for Palace as well (too reliant on Johnson for goals). Please believe me I would laugh if the binners lost in the final, but I just have a feeling it is East Anglias year to shine.

My heart says Sunderland - good supporters, young team which has had to overcome alot of turmoil(much like us), but my head says Palace, which I''d also be happy with. Lets settle this once and for all, the binners will NOT repeat NOT be promoted, I don''t have to give any reasons as it won''t happen!!!

Isn''t it nice not to have to worry about the lottery of the Play Offs! Out of those on offer, I''d love to see our Mackem friends go through OR Crystal Palace.

I think that the last sunderland, ipswich, palace and the winner of wigan/west ham will make the play offs.

Sunderland have dipped too far with their form and the binners defence continues to leak gols against the top sides.

My feeling is that Wigan will join us in the premier league

OTBC

sunderland, west ham, ipswich and palace

with sunderland and ipswich in the final, ipswich to win

this might cause distress to most of you, but i can just see it, can''t you?

I''ve thought about this alot today since seeing the original post

On the one hand I reckon the Binners could just do it. I don''t know what would make me feel worse - them coming up this year with us, or the doomsday scenario of us being relegated next season whilst they get promoted.

Then I thought again, and its quite conceivable that they won''t make the playoffs at all, and then they''ll be in financial trouble and stand no chance next season.

Finally I came to thinking that so far this has been the perfect season for us so I see no reason to fear the future - and so, in the final analysis I have decided that I couldn''t give a stuff who comes up with us as I''m not going to let anything spoil this moment!

STILL TOTLAHAL!

OTBC

NMTD

don''t worry mate, even if they do it, and i think they will

we will still have finished above them for the first time since i don''t know when

a sore point amongst my suffolk mates i can tell you

still, it will be nice to have six easy points next year and i know it will make a very good mate of mine very happy, so for her, good luck ipswich

now try and get me removed from this board lol

I''ve got to say that given our present position, I really couldn''t give a toss who made the playoffs, but..................
My Ideal scenario:-
3/. Sunderland . O.K,maybe they are tired and jaded, but they stand a realistic chance, and
our links with them go back a long way.

4/. Wigan. Again their recent form may let them down, but they must be thinking that they
are in with a shout.

5/. Palace. Apart from us, they are the most in form team at the moment, and we do owe
them for helping our cause the other night

6/. West Ham. They have quietly kept pace with the leading pack, and may just do it

And as far as the Binners are concerned, I don''t want them to have even the smallest amount of hope or enjoyment, and I''d love them to just miss out on goal difference. Although we may have come second on our ill fated trip to the playoff final, we all made the most of our day, and I don''t want the scummers having any of it!

I would like to see a Sunderland v Crystal Palace final but I don''t really care that much as long as Ipswich don''t make it. I would love it if they fell away and next year struggled to stay in the Division and do a Sheff Weds, just love it.

Ipswich are playing Sheffield United on friday night, at Sheffield. Not easy and with Cardiff at home as their last game, they may not even get into the play offs at all. Shame eh!

What a nice feeling to discuss the play-offs and not worry about our prospects. I would go to Cardiff again but that was a nail biting day and would be even worse second time round with the level of expectancy.

For the record, Millwall and Reading won''t make the playoffs, the Blades won''t either if they lose to our friends. Sunderland and Wigan will fill 3rd and 4th places while the remaining spots will be fought over between the the Binners, Ammers or Palace.

I think the number of goals the Binmen have conceded will count against them as it is so tight and Palace and the Ammers will make it. The Cats will recover their composure and beat Pardew''s lot while Palace, having peaked too early will struggle past Wigan only to lose on penalties to a motivated Sunderland in Cardiff.

BFJ on the dole before July

Wait and see...

Wigan won''t make it, will lose to W Ham last day of season, Roberts suspended.

Sunderland will, Palace will, W Ham will and winners of Sheff U v Ipswich, if draw Ipswich should make it.

Wigan will lose 5-2 to Palace in the final with Ellington scoring 1st. I''m not going to put a bet on this so i hope it doesn''t happen.

I personally think that Crystal Palace are far too stroing...opps...strong for any of the other hopefuls.

If Iain Dowie had started the season as manager of Palace, they would have been promoted by now!